• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

any help for this question ........ do you have any specialized skills or training , including firearms, explosives,nuclear, biological, or chemical experience ?

Answer "yes" if applicable to you. Not sure what kind of help you're seeking regarding the question.

The agent that did my eDV registration made a mistake on my date of birth. He entered 25/08/1980 instead of 25/08/1983. how will this affect me during interview?

Last edited:
The agent that did my eDV registration made a mistake on my date of birth. He entered 25/08/1980 instead of 25/08/1983. how will this affect me during interview?

I think you will probably have a lot of explaining to do at the time of your interview. Your first name and middle names got switched on your eDV registration, now the year entered as your DOB isn't what's listed on your document(s) - not looking good, I'm afraid. But then ...........

Problem with the name, problem with DOB...
If there are several similar applications registered, then this might be assumed to be a fraud.

If only one application is registered with your credentials, you probably still have a chance.

Hopefully you did not pay the agent for the "service". Good luck, it may be rough riding however...

countries are deferent for example, I am from afghanistan, I was born during the war, growth inside war, still live with the war, i know about all types of gun, even i was child, I said "NO"
any help for this question ........ do you have any specialized skills or training , including firearms, explosives,nuclear, biological, or chemical experience ?

I'm yet to fill forms for visa and I 've been reminding this agent about these mistakes but he insist it's not a problem. He said, he will write something that I will present at the interview.

Last edited:
What I 'll like to know is the difference between registering for the lottery and subsequent selection and the application for a visa. What information that you 've submitted will be use to interview you? The eDV information or the DS260 or so?

I'm yet to fill forms for visa and I 've been reminding this agent about these mistakes but he insist it's not a problem. He said, he will write something that I will present at the interview.
Write like what? "I agent XYZ really screwed up when inputting 120 lottery applications into the system, don't hold it against the person whose name is mixed up and the DOB is all wrong?"

Unfortunately the agent is simply telling you some BS story. Whatever he's planning on writing isn't going to be worth the paper it's written on when you face the CO at the time of your interview.

Write like what? "I agent XYZ really screwed up when inputting 120 lottery applications into the system, don't hold it against the person whose name is mixed up and the DOB is all wrong?"
Is my photo in the 120 not sufficient to identify me? how about the names listed 're correct only that they 're switched. how about my day and months of birth 're correct only the year that's wrong but also understandable.

What I 'll like to know is the difference between registering for the lottery and subsequent selection and the application for a visa. What information that you 've submitted will be use to interview you? The eDV information or the DS260 or so?

Everything will be taken into consideration at the time of the interview, including email exchanges with KCC.

Is my photo in the 120 not sufficient to identify me? how about the names listed 're correct only that they 're switched. how about my day and months of birth 're correct only the year that's wrong but also understandable.

So he's switched the names AND got the year of birth wrong? I'm afraid that's likely to cause problems, particularly at certain embassies like Accra where they appear to have zero sympathy/tolerance for agent errors.

Answer "yes" if applicable to you. Not sure what kind of help you're seeking regarding the question.
Sm1smom thanks for yr help . I'm a 5th year medical student (MBBS ) and i wll start internship next month . any help fr that question

Sm1smom thanks for yr help . I'm a 5th year medical student (MBBS ) and i wll start internship next month . any help fr that question

I'm not sure what being a 5th year medical student about to start an internship program has to do with whether or not you have specialized skills or training in weapons or biological or chemical explosives. Have you received specially training on how to make biological weapons/explosives for warfare purpose? Have you received specific trainings for the purpose of warfare? Only you can answer that question as applicable to you.

So he's switched the names AND got the year of birth wrong? I'm afraid that's likely to cause problems, particularly at certain embassies like Accra where they appear to have zero sympathy/tolerance for agent errors.
How about if I input all my correct informations in the ds260 to correct those already made mistakes in the 120? and indeed i present all docs correctly as listed in the ds260.

I'm not sure what being a 5th year medical student about to start an internship program has to do with whether or not you have specialized skills or training in weapons or biological or chemical explosives. Have you received specially training on how to make biological weapons/explosives for warfare purpose? Have you received specific trainings for the purpose of warfare? Only you can answer that question as applicable to you.
Presumably he will get the hint: to simply answer truthfully and to answer NO to this question...;)

How about if I input all my correct informations in the ds260 to correct those already made mistakes in the 120? and indeed i present all docs correctly as listed in the ds260.
Yes, surely. Also, if you are a religious man, start praying - eventually, based on faith or simply luck, it may turn out all right after all. Make sure you get your money back from the agent...