• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

If the US Consulate has not yet taken your complete biometrics, it means that some of the mandatory security clearance processes can not be completed. This possibly may become an issue for you, not only in the sense that you will need a new appointment for this to happen and for your visa fee to be paid, but more importantly for all necessary processes to be effectively completed by September 30th, so that a final decision can by taken by the CO on your DV application. Most likely the internal IV process @ your US Consulate requires completed medical clearance for those two steps (payment & biometrics) to occur. Which is the US Consulate handling your DV case? Best of luck to you and your family!
Thanks a lot@Euro2014.... the embassy is Nairobi Kenya.

Thanks a lot@Euro2014.... the embassy is Nairobi Kenya.
You are very welcome. Is it correct to assume that the medical test outstanding is to exclude tuberculosis? If you receive a negative medical report by the end of August and are able to schedule your DV interview with the US Consulate for beginning of September, i.e. shortly after final medical results will become available, there still is a realistic chance for your process to be successfully completed. The fact that your wife, as DV1, and children have been approved suggests that your documentation is all in good shape. Very best of luck!

Hi Britsimon. I am somehow deaperate this evening. I and family had to travel to Nairobi for our medical apointment and Interview. we applied for a visa to enter Kenya and they said that the process can take weeks.... we explained the emergency and they said that may be they can issue them by wednesday. Our medical is supposed to be tomorrow tuesday morning. They totally refused to simplify the process for us to attend on time our various appointments. I wrote to IOM to reschedule the medical appointment for thursday,but up to now, still no reply from them either. It's quite devastating ,couldn't imagine that it would be that hard to get a visa just for few days in Kenya. They don't mind about the possibility of loosing this life opportunity. I don't know what to think,nor to do. I dont know if IOM will accept the postpone of our medical and hope that we can attend the embassy interview by monday as planned...
Can't believe that this is happening to me at this particular time.

That was unwise to not check that ahead of time. S0 it sounds like you will be able to enter in time for the interview, but the medical might not be ready. In that case attend the interview, explain what has happened and you can follow up the interview with the medical report as soon as it is ready. That will be your safest option, and should not present any issues if your medical is ready within a few days. FYI, IOM seem to think they are more important than they are, you might need to be quite firm with them to reschedule the appointment - but in the most polite way possible.

You are very welcome. Is it correct to assume that the medical test outstanding is to exclude tuberculosis? If you receive a negative medical report by the end of August and are able to schedule your DV interview with the US Consulate for beginning of September, i.e. shortly after final medical results will become available, there still is a realistic chance for your process to be successfully completed. The fact that your wife, as DV1, and children have been approved suggests that your documentation is all in good shape. Very best of luck!
Sure,i had lung surgery some years back which necessitated a sputum culture test. From the order of the alien numbers of my wife and kids i can even deduce that mine was reserved.....a digit was skipped.

@ Euro2014... thanks for your motivation. I actually meant the 9 digit alien number... wife's ends with 71, followed by kids 73 and 74. So I assumed the one ending with 72 missing in the link will be mine.

@ Euro2014... thanks for your motivation. I actually meant the 9 digit alien number... wife's ends with 71, followed by kids 73 and 74. So I assumed the one ending with 72 missing in the link will be mine.
Sure, you are welcome. As soon as lab results come back negative, as is expected, follow up politely yet very firmly up with US Consulate's IV department on next steps, i.e. appointment, biometrics and DV payment. There is no reason for you not to attain the visa, subsequent to your family, in this case. Be persistent!

Agree with euro and in the absolute worst case, if you miss out on a DV visa your wife can still go and sponsor you for a green card - not ideal but still a pathway.

Wanna take this opportunity to our moderators for your overwhelming support and your every piece of advice....
Been following your words of wisdom and it has paid off;
I did my interview last week and got APPROVED!!
I've been asking on behalf of friends and they too got APPROVED!!

Great Thanks @Britsimon@Sm1smom and @SussieQQQ

God bless you all.

Wanna take this opportunity to our moderators for your overwhelming support and your every piece of advice....

God bless you all.

Congratulations!

Hey guys. Until when i can submit the DS-260 form? I need to wait with the submition but i don't know how much time i have.

In order to be guaranteed an interview slot (assuming your CN becomes current), don't wait longer than April, or at most May 2017.

God bless you all.

Maybe you'll want us all to hear how it went.

hi britsimon. i was in this situation thanks from you,we married after my visa interview, my wife had interview on august 15 and also the called me again to come with my wife, they questioned a lot about everything interview was successful my status changed from A/P to ready now.

Scenario 3: Marriage after interview, before entry to the USA, and before the end of the year.
OK – you like to live on the edge don’t ya! This is still technically possible, but unwise. The process involves approaching the embassy that handled your case. However, this is a highly risky strategy as the embassy may not understand the rules, you might time out, visas may be exhausted and so on. The MUCH more preferable option is to bring forward the date of your marriage before the interview.

hi britsimon. i was in this situation thanks from you,we married after my visa interview, my wife had interview on august 15 and also the called me again to come with my wife, they questioned a lot about everything interview was successful my status changed from A/P to ready now.

Scenario 3: Marriage after interview, before entry to the USA, and before the end of the year.
OK – you like to live on the edge don’t ya! This is still technically possible, but unwise. The process involves approaching the embassy that handled your case. However, this is a highly risky strategy as the embassy may not understand the rules, you might time out, visas may be exhausted and so on. The MUCH more preferable option is to bring forward the date of your marriage before the interview.
I think you need to keep patient until your status changed to issued and keep patient after your status becomes issued until you have got your visa in hand . That is the experience I had faced . Anyway good luck

OK - be patient....