• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners From MOROCCO - Casablanca Embassy, meet here.

It's been two months since I started learning about DV 2016 but i'm not seeing or hearing any communications from persons in the above country ( MOROCCO ).
Please let's use this thread for 2016 Moroccan DV winners. . Let's meet here, encourage and exchange helpful informations.
Thank You

Hello Everyone, just an update about Casablanca Consulate/Morocco,
i have been in Casablanca a few days ago and was beside the consulate so i told myself why not go and have a look and see if there is anyone to ask and have some instant replies, they said that they started a way to receive people and answer every possible question, so there is a man who work in the consulate ( i think the one who take your papers and medicals as he matched the descriptions i learned in other arabic forums ), from monday to thursday. , from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm ,

and then i had some stuff to do in Casablanca again, so i went again yesterday, and tried to be at the consulate by 2pm, i found indeed a line beside the consulate, and there was a very nice and kind man, i waited in the line and once was my turn, i told him excuse me please but i have a several questions, i hope it's not a problem, he said not at all, and i have a several answers too to your several questions haha. he answered all my concerns, was too kind and smiling, very helpful. don't hesitate to go if ever you have a possible questions.

Good luck to everyone , Around the world .

Hello Everyone, just an update about Casablanca Consulate/Morocco,
i have been in Casablanca a few days ago and was beside the consulate so i told myself why not go and have a look and see if there is anyone to ask and have some instant replies, they said that they started a way to receive people and answer every possible question, so there is a man who work in the consulate ( i think the one who take your papers and medicals as he matched the descriptions i learned in other arabic forums ), from monday to thursday. , from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm ,

and then i had some stuff to do in Casablanca again, so i went again yesterday, and tried to be at the consulate by 2pm, i found indeed a line beside the consulate, and there was a very nice and kind man, i waited in the line and once was my turn, i told him excuse me please but i have a several questions, i hope it's not a problem, he said not at all, and i have a several answers too to your several questions haha. he answered all my concerns, was too kind and smiling, very helpful. don't hesitate to go if ever you have a possible questions.

Good luck to everyone , Around the world .

That is Moroccan BritSimon

Also nice of you to let people know about this!

Were there any questions you asked that might be of general interest, if so it might be useful to other Moroccans to post them and the answers you got here?

LOL thank you @Britsimon
Thank you @SusieQQQ for the compliment :D

So the first question was about my passport, it's a new passport (my 2nd one, after the 1st one expired) and i don't know how it happened that i have thing in the corner of the first page and others too, maybe it happend with water, can;t remember how and when :/ ( i will include a picture to explain more ) so i didn't want to once in the interview they say my passport is damaged, so i want it to make sure if i have to change or not, and he clearly said it's okey and i don't have to change it,

i said too that my passport contain my old address and not the present one, and he said it's okey again i don't need to change my passport in order to put my present adress where i just moved 3 months ago

and then i said about the previous country where i was, they ask the police record, but in reciprocity, they clearly said they only give court record and it's also equivalent to police record. will it be enough ? and he said we can't force a country to give a paper that they basically don't give at all, so it's okey, and i may bring the reciprocity page if ever the CO don't know about this thing,

and then i asked that i have a paper proving my previous residency abroad given by the moroccan embassy in that country, and if i may translate it and bring it, he said, do they ask for it here in the US consulate, i said NO, he said so no need to do it, only bring what they are asking for, and don;t worry at all.

emmmm my last question was that i'm freshly graduated as an engineer and i don't work yet, i putted in my ds260 , not employed .he smiled and said again, it's okey, don't worry at all, he said i tell you something i don't usually tell, if you are a DV selectee, you don't have to worry at all, you only need you high school degree, and a clean medical, that's all then all gonna be smooth, if ever you have a missing paper, you'll have the chance to bring it back after the interview.

i said thank you so much sir, and walked a few meters then stoped haha, thinking if i may find another question, and yes, i got another one LOL

i took the line again, and i said one last question please, he smiled and said yes sure,
should i certify all copies of papers and translations, he said it doesn't matter a lot, but if you can do it, do it. ( it only cost 20 cent per paper, and take you few minutes, so i will do it )

i walked again and stopped thinking about other questions, but couldn't find anymore questions, and that was ALLL :D

i hope this story may help. and sorry about my average english haha
ryjj.jpg

Last edited:
LOL thank you @Britsimon
Thank you @SusieQQQ for the compliment :D

So the first question was about my passport, it's a new passport (my 2nd one, after the 1st one expired) and i don't know how it happened that i have thing in the corner of the first page and others too, maybe it happend with water, can;t remember how and when :/ ( i will include a picture to explain more ) so i didn't want to once in the interview they say my passport is damaged, so i want it to make sure if i have to change or not, and he clearly said it's okey and i don't have to change it,

i said too that my passport contain my old address and not the present one, and he said it's okey again i don't need to change my passport in order to put my present adress where i just moved 3 months ago

and then i said about the previous country where i was, they ask the police record, but in reciprocity, they clearly said they only give court record and it's also equivalent to police record. will it be enough ? and he said we can't force a country to give a paper that they basically don't give at all, so it's okey, and i may bring the reciprocity page if ever the CO don't know about this thing,

and then i asked that i have a paper proving my previous residency abroad given by the moroccan embassy in that country, and if i may translate it and bring it, he said, do they ask for it here in the US consulate, i said NO, he said so no need to do it, only bring what they are asking for, and don;t worry at all.

emmmm my last question was that i'm freshly graduated as an engineer and i don't work yet, i putted in my ds260 , not employed .he smiled and said again, it's okey, don't worry at all, he said i tell you something i don't usually tell, if you are a DV selectee, you don't have to worry at all, you only need you high school degree, and a clean medical, that's all then all gonna be smooth, if ever you have a missing paper, you'll have the chance to bring it back after the interview.

i said thank you so much sir, and walked a few meters then stoped haha, thinking if i may find another question, and yes, i got another one LOL

i took the line again, and i said one last question please, he smiled and said yes sure,
should i certify all copies of papers and translations, he said it doesn't matter a lot, but if you can do it, do it. ( it only cost 20 cent per paper, and take you few minutes, so i will do it )

i walked again and stopped thinking about other questions, but couldn't find anymore questions, and that was ALLL :D

i hope this story may help. and sorry about my average english haha
ryjj.jpg

That is all interesting. All the answers he gave are as we would expect - so that is good to know.

Glad that you find it interesting @Britsimon , actualy the question that was the main one for me, was the one about the passport damage, according to the picture i included, do you share the same opinion with the consulate stuff ? no problem with it ?
thank you :D

By the way, i called KCC today and they said my form has not been processed yet, so i think i will miss my 2NL for this month :/

Glad that you find it interesting @Britsimon , actualy the question that was the main one for me, was the one about the passport damage, according to the picture i included, do you share the same opinion with the consulate stuff ? no problem with it ?
thank you :D

By the way, i called KCC today and they said my form has not been processed yet, so i think i will miss my 2NL for this month :/

Passport damage is not ideal - but it happens. What is important is that you don't tamper with the passport - even if trying to repair the damage. So - I don't believe this will be an issue.

Hii everybody,

Just a quick update, i have been waiting for the 2nl since few weeks, and i called KCC today, they said my DS-260 have been completely processed by November 20th and pending an interview to be scheduled, and she said call back by December 15th to see if i'm scheduled for an interview,

I hope this can give an idea about the forms processing time based on my timeline and this given dates,

and my question please is, is it certain to be scheduled for a February interview ?

Thank you very much

Hii everybody,

Just a quick update, i have been waiting for the 2nl since few weeks, and i called KCC today, they said my DS-260 have been completely processed by November 20th and pending an interview to be scheduled, and she said call back by December 15th to see if i'm scheduled for an interview,

I hope this can give an idea about the forms processing time based on my timeline and this given dates,

and my question please is, is it certain to be scheduled for a February interview ?

Thank you very much

That is in line with my surveys of DS260 submission times (and given the unlocking). It would be a safe bet (99.9% ) that you would have a February interview.

Hii Everyone, Hope you are doing pretty good,

i came today to explain how to proceed with gathering Documents for the U.S consulat in Casablanca-Morocco,

1) After i received my 2ND , i waited 2 to 3 weeks before starting the administrative papers, first of all is to go to the nearest police station to your house, and ask for the Police certificate ( = Fiche Anthropométrique = حسن السيرة الشرطة ) it cost 30Dh=3$ and it takes 2 to 3days, you need to take with you your ID card, and the said amount of money, they give you a receipt, and your id card back, you go back after 3days present the receipt and the Id card to retrieve you police certificate, NOTE that no one can take it in your place, and it's mandatory to take it by your self as they take your fingerprint whenever you retrieve a police certificate ( it's not my 1st one, lol).

2) After that, you should ask for the court records certificate, and for that, you go to the nearest court to your home, and ask for Court Records ( = Casier Judiciaire = السجل العدلي المحكمة ) they will give you a paper to fill with all of your informations, and bring a photocopy of your ID Card and buy a stamped ( =Timbre ) of 20Dh=2$ , it take 1 to 2 days and you go back to retrieve it, or you can simply use the official website of the criminal record service http://casierjudiciaire.justice.gov.ma/Accueil.aspx?culture=en-US

3) Then you need the Celibacy Certificate if your are single or mariage certificate if you are married or divorce certificate if you are divorced ( = certificat de célibat, ou acte de mariage, ou acte de divorce = عقد الزواج بالنسبة للمتزوجين و شهادة العزوبة بالنسبة للعزاب بالنسبة للمطلقين عقد الطلاق ) sorry i don't know how to deal with mariage and divorce certificate, but for my case, the celibacy certificate, you need to write a request stating that you are single and sign it, take it to the county ( = مقاطعة ) , and equalize it with the signature and stamp of the county; cost 2Dh=20Cent, make a copy of it, and then take 1 regular size picture of you with the signed and equalized request with its photocopy and a copy of your ID to the responsible of your neighborhood in the county ( = مقدم ) and ask for that celibacy certificate and make sure to have it in french langage, he will write a paper, and ask you to take it to another office in the same county, and then they will write that celibacy certificate for you and take it back with you in the same day, you pay 2Dh=20Cent for the certificate I know it's a lonnng boring process, :mad:

4) Now you need the birth certificate ( =Acte de naissance = عقد الإزدياد ) and for that you take the registry of family of your parent ( = الحالة المدنية ) to the county where you were registered when you were born, and ask for birth certificate, it take 30min (it depends on counties) and you pay 2Dh=20Cent, and you take it - a green paper - make sure to have it in french.

5) The high School certificate ( =Baccalauréat = البكالوريا ) that obviously you should have if qualifying by educational requirement,

6) Other diploma that you mentioned on your DS-260

Now that you have all that documents, you should now obligatory translate those document in one of the certified sworn translators and recognized by the Consulat, you can choose one from the official link here,
http://morocco.usembassy.gov/ivtranslators.html

and Then make a copy of every original document and translated document and your passport ( even thought during the interview they only took a copy of my high school diploma and nothing else, even i did a color copy and black and white copy of my passport LOL :D but better be safe than sorry, )

of course you need 2 Pictures 5cm*5cm (USA size picture)
you need your New and old passport too if you had one
and a police certificate from EVERY country where you lived or worked for one year if happened
and the 2NL printed

now that you have all the required documents, ( note that you can check the official website to be sure for the required documents http://morocco.usembassy.gov/doc-checklist.html )

now i will discuss the medical test, i called the Dr. Abdelouahed Ambari 1.5 month before my interview to have an appointment, generaly the secretary suggest a 15days appointment ( i called in January, appointment was held for February 3rd, interview was for February 18)
here is a list of the panel physicians http://morocco.usembassy.gov/med-exam.html , i chose the Dr Ambari for being close to all the necessary laboratories your will need, and for having a kind secretary willing to help you as much as possible, the opposite of what -THEY SAY- about the Dr. Nezha El Fihri and her secretary,

i would happily give the medical test experience but this story is getting too long LOL, anyway you will need 1650Dh= 165$ fees for the medical test including laboratory and chest ray; passport, copy of passport, 7 regular size pictures, 2NL, that's all- She will tell you in details what to bring with you, and explain to you how to access the 2 laboratories you will need to visit, JUST make sure to be there on time 8.30 Am - i was late, but lucky.

I think that's all, feel free to ask whatever question you want,

Congratulations on a successful interview!

And thanks for taking the time to detail the preparation, I'm sure it will be very helpful to other Moroccan applicants.

Hello The Engineer,

I hope you still connect to this forum because I have an urgent question as I'm having my interview in the US embassy in Casablanca in one month and a half.

My question is about the Affidavit of Support, do Moroccan DV winners need this document the day of the interview?

Thank you in advance.