• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners From MOROCCO - Casablanca Embassy, meet here.

My Interview was successful yesterday, my case was Approved, and today become Issued on CEAC website. i can't thank enough @Britsimon ,@SusieQQQ and everyone else who helped and supported me (detailed thanks is coming :p ),

I'll write a detailed interview experience by the end of day,
Hello The Engineer,

I hope you still connect to this forum because I have an urgent question as I'm having my interview in the US embassy in Casablanca in one month and a half.

My question is about the Affidavit of Support, do Moroccan DV winners need this document the day of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Hello The Engineer,

I hope you still connect to this forum because I have an urgent question as I'm having my interview in the US embassy in Casablanca in one month and a half.

My question is about the Affidavit of Support, do Moroccan DV winners need this document the day of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Get an I-134. Since your interview is so late in the year, you do not want to be placed on AP for any reason that you can control. Not having an I-134 is increasing the risk of AP.

Get an I-134. Since your interview is so late in the year, you do not want to be placed on AP for any reason that you can control. Not having an I-134 is increasing the risk of AP.
ok you're right, but just to be sure I need the I-134, the 1040 and the w2 forms?

Hello The Engineer,

Thank you in advance.

Hi Zouheir,

I had my interview on may, 13 and they didn't ask me about the affidavit of support. the only question was about my sponsor and his occupation in the US. they ask me to bring them his earnings statement.

Good luck for ur interview.

Hi Zouheir,

I had my interview on may, 13 and they didn't ask me about the affidavit of support. the only question was about my sponsor and his occupation in the US. they ask me to bring them his earnings statement.

Good luck for ur interview.

Asking you to bring your sponsor's earning statements in this case is same as asking for you to present an affidavit of support, even if they never used precisely those words. If you had attended your interview with an affidavit of support and the required supporting documents, you wouldn't have been asked about your sponsor's occupation or earnings.

Hii back, Sorry it took me so many months to come back here, and as promised I'll write my interview experience and the move to the USA,

I did write some notes that I have them right in front of me,
So upon arrival, make sure to be there at 8:00 Am minimum, there were people even before 7 am as they told me, i was there by 8:30 am and i felt like I was late, so there is two lines, one for non-immigrant and one for the immigrant visa, you take the second one, there will be a first check, it takes only a seconds and then you go to the entry of the embassy, you will be asked for your 2nd letter, your passport and a picture, and then you will be allowed to enter to the embassy, a last detailed check is needed, you leave there your mobile phone and bag, then straight in to the waiting room, it have a lot of seats, it was that day crowded with people because they didn't work the day before, so they moved people to that day, once I went in, I heard my name, and I went to pay the VISA FEE, I paid in USD and gave me two receipts, and then after a long wait, i was called to give my papers and asked me what language i prefer and choose English and went back to my seat, in beside me was a lot of people and you can hear all of the conversations between the CO and the others, except for the immigrant visa they were taken to room 7, so for a reason that I ignore, they left me there from 8h30 AM til 01:00 pm, i was the last person, and I don't know why, there was so many people coming after me but they just let me waiting there lol, I was in a Suit, and I wasn't they only one, and they allowed me to walk in the waiting room as i was so tired for setting in my chair, Finally when they couldn't call anyone else, they called for me lol, there was two CO, She asked me about my name DOB parents names and what countries i was in for the last years and asked for my old passport and asked me about the reason of my stay in every country i listed and then about my studies, my diploma, she want it to see it and even verified if it's genuine, they both verified it and they were glad it was, and then they asked me about the person I'm going to live with, asked about when he went to the USA, how, what does he work, does he have children, how do i know him, she asked honestly a lot of questions, more than what i was expecting, and then she said I'm approved, she kept my papers and i was wondering how will get back my high school diploma and I said can i please have my original papers lol, she said i can give you only your diploma, i said that's fine, that's all what i need, and here the last person out of the embassy, the next day my status changed to issued in less than 24h , after a couple of days my sealed envelope was with Aramex and i went to collect it the same day of it's arrival, and that's it, I hope my story is a bit helpful,

Normally the don't ask for sponsor if you show that you're well educated and you can sustain yourself because that same day there was another lottery visa selectee been asked for an affidavit of support, so it's only about the way your case is, my 3 other friends they weren't asked for it as well, so it's a case by case decision.

And so here I'm in the USA now, in Seattle, WA and I love it so much here, it's so clean, so much green and so fresh, I don't know what to add more, please feel free to ask any questions, I will answer as soon as possible, and so happy and glad to be back to the forum, I learned a lot of things here, and would happily love to help in return,
Thank you

and about entry to the USA experience, it's a bit different than the usual I think, by April I found a very cheap ticket to book for June from Casablanca to Portland, OR because I was thinking about staying in Portland, and I changed my mind a few weeks later after my flight is booked,
so with AIRCANADA, I went from Casablanca to Montreal, an 8h trip, and a 2h layover, please note that a transit visa is needed and I easily got one after a very friendly interview in the Canadian Embassy, and after Montreal a 1h30 flight to Toronto and layover of 3h and so before entry to the USA, you do the preclearance, so I went thru the USA immigration, and presented my sealed envelope, they took me to a secondary room check, and it only took about 5 to 10minutes before I was done and allowed to enter the USA, and indeed I changed my address at this moment as well to a Seattle address, after the layover, there was a 5h flight to Portland, so this was the best flight I could find with the minimum flight duration, and once in the airport I Only collected my bags and went out of the airport to met my friend, it was so fun, she took me to see downtime that same night, had dinner and enjoyed the view, back to the hotel, and took me to the union station to catch my train, the train experience was itself very beautiful on a sunny day, I feel lucky to have done such a wonderful and smooth experience without any major problems except the morning hunt for a US plug to put in my europian plug lol but was fine and a way to visit the beautiful city Of portland,
and just an Advice, if you wanna get a sim card phone, I would Advice you Ultra Mobile, I did previously my researches before coming here, and I have one now with 29plan, and it has free calls to landline phones in morocco and so many other countries too, it's working so great for me without any issue during this 2 weeks I spent here so far until now.

And I received my SSN in exactly 10 days, and ID card I received yesterday the plastic one, I think that's it, I hope everyone gonna go thru a smooth experience as well.

and about entry to the USA experience, it's a bit different than the usual I think, by April I found a very cheap ticket to book for June from Casablanca to Portland, OR because I was thinking about staying in Portland, and I changed my mind a few weeks later after my flight is booked,
so with AIRCANADA, I went from Casablanca to Montreal, an 8h trip, and a 2h layover, please note that a transit visa is needed and I easily got one after a very friendly interview in the Canadian Embassy, and after Montreal a 1h30 flight to Toronto and layover of 3h and so before entry to the USA, you do the preclearance, so I went thru the USA immigration, and presented my sealed envelope, they took me to a secondary room check, and it only took about 5 to 10minutes before I was done and allowed to enter the USA, and indeed I changed my address at this moment as well to a Seattle address, after the layover, there was a 5h flight to Portland, so this was the best flight I could find with the minimum flight duration, and once in the airport I Only collected my bags and went out of the airport to met my friend, it was so fun, she took me to see downtime that same night, had dinner and enjoyed the view, back to the hotel, and took me to the union station to catch my train, the train experience was itself very beautiful on a sunny day, I feel lucky to have done such a wonderful and smooth experience without any major problems except the morning hunt for a US plug to put in my europian plug lol but was fine and a way to visit the beautiful city Of portland,
and just an Advice, if you wanna get a sim card phone, I would Advice you Ultra Mobile, I did previously my researches before coming here, and I have one now with 29plan, and it has free calls to landline phones in morocco and so many other countries too, it's working so great for me without any issue during this 2 weeks I spent here so far until now.

And I received my SSN in exactly 10 days, and ID card I received yesterday the plastic one, I think that's it, I hope everyone gonna go thru a smooth experience as well.
thank you very much for all the infos you gave me, maybe you can give some information about Medicare and health care costs (because health care is very expensive) for dv immigrants.

thank you very much for all the infos you gave me, maybe you can give some information about Medicare and health care costs (because health care is very expensive) for dv immigrants.

You are very welcome, and about the Medicare, I still don't have any idea about it, and I don't have any Health insurance at the moment, I believe I'll get it included in the job benefits, as I'm looking for one now. I'll try to ask my friend and get back to you.

Very helpful posts @The Engineer ! And glad to hear you are settling in so well :)

FYI you may know this already but if you fly home for holiday via Canada (or visit there, seeing as you are so close) you no longer need a visa as you have a green card now.

Very helpful posts @The Engineer ! And glad to hear you are settling in so well :)

FYI you may know this already but if you fly home for holiday via Canada (or visit there, seeing as you are so close) you no longer need a visa as you have a green card now.

Thank you so much @SusieQQQ and I'm so Glad to see you again, you've been very helpful & generous to me,
Thank you for the information too, that was one of the reasons that made my interview friendly in the Canadian Embassy, and I already applied and got Approved for the eTA so being close to Canada is one of the reasons why I choose Seattle :D it's so cool when I see Panels in the Highway indicating the way to Vancouver B.C :D

Hello The Engineer,

Thank you in advance.

Hello Zouheir,
Very Good question. I spent a lot of time looking for the answer and here it is : NO, you don't need Affidafit of Support since you are asking for a Diversity Visa. Affidafit of Support is only needed for Immigrant Visa.
it is written "Please note that some of the information included in these instructions may apply to immigrant visa classifications other than diversity visas" on prepare-for-the-interview section of US visas official web site.
tell me if this helps ;)
did they send a notification by email for the interview? , i'am also waiting for the interview to be schedueled.
peace and good luck

Hello Zouheir,
Very Good question. I spent a lot of time looking for the answer and here it is : NO, you don't need Affidafit of Support since you are asking for a Diversity Visa. Affidafit of Support is only needed for Immigrant Visa.
it is written "Please note that some of the information included in these instructions may apply to immigrant visa classifications other than diversity visas" on prepare-for-the-interview section of US visas official web site.
tell me if this helps ;)
did they send a notification by email for the interview? , i'am also waiting for the interview to be schedueled.
peace and good luck

You are incorrect. In fact you didn't need to spend very long looking for this information - you only needed to look at a post on THIS THREAD, 10 posts above yours which mentioned being placed on AP waiting for earnings statements from the sponsor. As Mom pointed out - this is effectively the same as being asked to provide an affidavit of support - and I have known others being required to provide it in Casablanca. PLEASE be careful with giving incorrect advice which could cost someone their chance!

I found this on a website :

Although Diversity Lottery (“DV Lottery”) winners do not need to file an I-864 Affidavit of Support in order to apply for permanent residence, they will need to demonstrate to U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Department of State (DOS) that they will not become a public charge (rely on public assistance benefits) during their time in the United States.

You can do this by either:

• -- demonstrating that you have sufficient income and other assets to support yourself once you are granted permanent residence, or
  • -- having a friend or relative who has legal status in the U.S. complete Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, and agree to sponsor you during your time in the United States.
If you are currently unemployed because you are attending college or a vocational training program, you should gather as much documentation as possible to show that you have enough assets to avoid relying on public assistance. This evidence can include:

• -- letters from banks and financial institutions where you have funds on deposit, showing the value of your accounts in U.S. dollars
  • -- copies of titles and deeds for vehicles, residences, and receipts for appliances, electronics, or any big ticket items, and
  • -- a job offer letter from a U.S. employer on company letterhead.
Also, make a copy of your diploma once you receive it and send it to USCIS or show it to the consular officer in order to demonstrate your employability. Keep in mind that it can be very expensive to relocate permanently to the U.S., especially when you do not have an employment or credit history.

Winning the DV Lottery can be a great thing, but it is not a guarantee of a green card

Hello BritSimon, experienced people and Others Masters,
To increase chances to get a Diversity Immigrant Visa, do we need an I-864 or I-134 formular for Casablanca US consulate? What other documents please?

Hello BritSimon, experienced people and Others Masters,
To increase chances to get a Diversity Immigrant Visa, do we need an I-864 or I-134 formular for Casablanca US consulate? What other documents please?
I had my interview in August in Casablanca, they did not ask for any affidavit of support, I-864 or I-134, in algeria they do i guess :)