• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

Hello!

Ref: AS00006xx6,

Any ideas on the interview date and notification email.

How do we know that our DV visa application form is being processed.?

Angiee

Have you ever bothered to go over any of the responses you've been getting regarding your questions? Have you ever followed any of the links both Susie and Simon provided you with in the past?

You won't hear from them until 6-8 weeks before your interview.
Your application has been processed. Your visa won't start being processed until after you have a successful interview.

Read this for some info about the process: http://britsimonsays.com/dv-lottery-guide/

The current number for October interviews is AS2800

Visa bulletin is here. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

How to read the visa bulletin here - http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/

Approximate guide to timeline here - http://britsimonsays.com/when-will-i-have-an-interview/

Thank you but now only i saw those.

Because I'm quite new to this forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

That's why it's important to always check back after posting questions. You need to take note or book mark the Thread you're posting on to enable you check back at a later time.

Hello!

Ref: AS00006xx6,

Any ideas on the interview date and notification email.

How do we know that our DV visa application form is being processed.?

Angiee
It will be summer next year.

If your DS260 is submitted, they are processing it.

Hi Brit, Sm1smom, sussieQQQ

If you can help me on this?
I am the principal applicant where in my application I have my wife and two children. For or all forms DS-260 for all my family I made a technical error. After review our ds-260 in the question for parents concretely in the question for mother SURNAMES AT BIRTH , I am responding with the CURRENT SURNAMES . Is this a big mistake that could cost for us with rejection. My file number is EU22XXX. Should I need to do changes. My number is not current yet, can cause delays for us to make changes now, can cause delays for our interviews?

Thank you

I'm not @Britsimon, @Sm1smom or @SusieQQQ, but I don't think it's a big mistake given it's about the parents of the applicants, and not the applicants themselves.

Having said that, for your own peace of mind, you can open it and change it to the correct names. Such a minor change shouldn't delay processing I would think.

I'm not @Britsimon, @Sm1smom or @SusieQQQ, but I don't think it's a big mistake given it's about the parents of the applicants, and not the applicants themselves.

Having said that, for your own peace of mind, you can open it and change it to the correct names. Such a minor change shouldn't delay processing I would think.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I am in a dilemma that I do or not changes. If I do the changes would delay KCC three months to review my file from the beginning. I have heard in this forum that the time needed for processing is around three-four months for DS-260.

Processing takes 2-3 months.

Your change is not a huge one and it won't result in the clock being reset and the processing starting all over again.

It's up to you as to whether you change the information. If you don't, you need to be prepared to explain the mistake in interview(but, I reiterate, it's not a big mistake and won't lead to rejection either way). Change it now and you won't have to explain it.

Processing takes 2-3 months.

Your change is not a huge one and it won't result in the clock being reset and the processing starting all over again.

It's up to you as to whether you change the information. If you don't, you need to be prepared to explain the mistake in interview(but, I reiterate, it's not a big mistake and won't lead to rejection either way). Change it now and you won't have to explain it.

In these moments I have sent an email to KCC to allowed me to do the changes. I hope that there will be no delay for our interview regarding this issue. Based on my case number EU22XXX I don't think my interviews it will be before the months April-May.

Hi

I also have a question, I made a request to unlock the KCC to make the changes that I have mentioned above. Last year I stayed on a visit to my brother who lives in Germany where my stay there lasted 14 days. Is it necessary to mention it in the form DS-260 as address ?

Thank you

Hi

I also have a question, I made a request to unlock the KCC to make the changes that I have mentioned above. Last year I stayed on a visit to my brother who lives in Germany where my stay there lasted 14 days. Is it necessary to mention it in the form DS-260 as address ?

Thank you

Hello Alban. :) Congrats bro. Guessing your name you are Albanian, right? I am from Albania too. We have pretty much the same Case Number. I am EU22XXX, too. Maybe we will have the same interview date. :p
As for your question, I have been in Kosovo, Bosnia and Germany but I haven't stayed there for more than 2 weeks so you do not need to mention it. You have to mention it if you stayed abroad more than 6 months.
But be prepared because in the interview you will be asked if you traveled abroad.

Britsimon or EmilyW should confirm if I am right.

Hello Alban. :) Congrats bro. Guessing your name you are Albanian, right? I am from Albania too. We have pretty much the same Case Number. I am EU22XXX, too. Maybe we will have the same interview date. :p
As for your question, I have been in Kosovo, Bosnia and Germany but I haven't stayed there for more than 2 weeks so you do not need to mention it. You have to mention it if you stayed abroad more than 6 months.
But be prepared because in the interview you will be asked if you traveled abroad.

Britsimon or EmilyW should confirm if I am right.

Thanks brother. I am from Kosovo, I want to make sure about this because I have made a request to unlock DS-260. I made some technical errors in the question about parents surnames, precisely in question SURNAMES AT BIRTH where I am responding with CURRENT SURNAMES.
I hope that I will not delay the interview because of this. Our interviews I think that it will be in April-May.

Thanks brother. I am from Kosovo, I want to make sure about this because I have made a request to unlock DS-260. I made some technical errors in the question about parents surnames, precisely in question SURNAMES AT BIRTH where I am responding with CURRENT SURNAMES.
I hope that I will not delay the interview because of this. Our interviews I think that it will be in April-May.

My parents won DV2014 (byt unfortunately my father was denied the visa because he did not meet high school diploma.). However his number was EU297XX and our interview date was on 29th May. So I believe we will have interview date before april. (At least I hope.)
I wish you good luck. :)

My parents won DV2014 (byt unfortunately my father was denied the visa because he did not meet high school diploma.). However his number was EU297XX and our interview date was on 29th May. So I believe we will have interview date before april. (At least I hope.)

I hope that in the end to have a positive response. I wish you all the best and and we would be in touch.

The EU numbers are lower this year and they will most likely spread out the processing - so expect your interview to be later.

As Emily told you, the mistake is mionor. As for the change, there would be no reprocessing for that, but even if there was it would be a "re-processing" which is not the whole 3 to 4 months again. AND EVEN IT IT NEEDED 4 MONTHS there there is plenty of time to have that done way before you would be scheduled. In short - don't give this whole names thing another thought.

As Emily told you, the mistake is mionor. As for the change, there would be no reprocessing for that, but even if there was it would be a "re-processing" which is not the whole 3 to 4 months again. AND EVEN IT IT NEEDED 4 MONTHS there there is plenty of time to have that done way before you would be scheduled. In short - don't give this whole names thing another thought.
Thank you very much. God bless you

Hi

Thank you
I agree with Emily, change the names, shouldn't delay you.
14 days is not "living" somewhere so don't worry about it. They don't need all details of travel*, just where you resided.
(*other than I seem to recall there is a question about travel to the U.S.)