• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This theory that session timed out are the winners, there have been PLENTY of reports that people who initially saw session timed out have since seen NOT SELECTED. Does this not destroy the theory that session timed out are the winners?

Personally I believe there is a glitch that is effecting everyone, even NOT SELECTED results.

True and that might turn out to be the case, but the difference is that people like myself are seeing the 'session time out' consistently, not once and then get a different result, I get it everytime I try to see my results.

But at this point no one knows, it's all just guesswork until they actually fix the issue.

True and that might turn out to be the case, but the difference is that people like myself are seeing the 'session time out' consistently, not once and then get a different result, I get it everytime I try to see my results.

But at this point no one knows, it's all just guesswork until they actually fix the issue.

This is true, many people are seeing the timed out message and nothing else. It's also important to note that a lot of people probably timed out when the website was initially overloaded when the results first became available.

This theory that session timed out are the winners, there have been PLENTY of reports that people who initially saw session timed out have since seen NOT SELECTED. Does this not destroy the theory that session timed out are the winners?

Personally I believe there is a glitch that is effecting everyone, even NOT SELECTED results.

Good point!
And then there are those who are pending back and forth between both.

And there is the group who have NEVER gotten a NOT SELECTED.

That is the group of interest and that is what is being speculated upon. There won't be many of these, which is why they are interesting because they could be the winners.

What you're saying could well be true. The thing is that a certain subset of people only get the timeout, all the time, everywhere. The phenomenon is reproduced over and over for those cases. Even in the same browser session where a non-selectee gets the 'not selected' message.

So saying selectees are the ones consistently ad only getting timeouts is a reasonable deduction. Of course, we won't know until it's fixed. And even then, hopeful 'timeout' people could be stung with a useless CN :)

Screenshot_2015-05-06-12-58-54.png Ne1 else getting this?
Screenshot_2015_05_06_12_58_54.jpg

No because as I have stated about 1015 times the difference is whether the message is consistently seen.

Ne1 else getting this?

That 'we are experiencing technical difficulties' message pops up in my experience when I hit 'back' and try entering the details again. It even shows when I enter my wife's details, see the 'not selected' message, then hit the back button and try again.

The important message is 'Session timed out', which shows when you have a completely fresh browser session. And shows over and over, everywhere, every time.

Hope that helps clear up some ambiguities!

Hi all, I don't think I have posted in this thread yet, but I'm a 2016 DV hopeful as well. I haven't checked my result yet as I've just been watching and waiting until all this drama gets sorted out.
I'm just wondering, even though the US Dept of State is saying on their Facebook page that there is nothing wrong with the checking system, but it appears that there in fact is. Does anyone, perhaps @Britsimon, able to provide an opinion on whether this will in fact be rectified and whether a conservative guess would be that they people will start seeing their confirmation numbers if they are selected by next week? I know no one but KCC and the US Dept of State knows exactly when it will rectified but just after some guesswork from our knowledgeable forum members and moderators

After this disaster is over we should kill this thread and start a new one. Imagine you're a new OC and have to wade through 15 pages of junk.

Absolutely!

Hi all, I don't think I have posted in this thread yet, but I'm a 2016 DV hopeful as well. I haven't checked my result yet as I've just been watching and waiting until all this drama gets sorted out.
I'm just wondering, even though the US Dept of State is saying on their Facebook page that there is nothing wrong with the checking system, but it appears that there in fact is. Does anyone, perhaps @Britsimon, able to provide an opinion on whether this will in fact be rectified and whether a conservative guess would be that they people will start seeing their confirmation numbers if they are selected by next week? I know no one but KCC and the US Dept of State knows exactly when it will rectified but just after some guesswork from our knowledgeable forum members and moderators

Well they have said on their twitter page (https://twitter.com/TravelGov/with_replies) they are looking into the errors, and to watch Facebook for an update. So at this point I don't think they'll update Facebook until they have an idea of whats going on.

i have a prediction. if they don't do redraw there will be another situation where people started sueing lol

i have a prediction. if they don't do redraw there will be another situation where people started sueing lol

The issue of suing has been raised in a different thread. Honestly, I fail to see on what grounds anyone could sue over this? Pain and suffering - hardly. Financial hardship - nobody has had to pay for anything.

It's a technical glitch, and it hasn't even affected anyone's time frames. Once it's sorted out, there's still plenty of time to submit application forms before DV-2016 interviews start in October.

i
The issue of suing has been raised in a different thread. Honestly, I fail to see on what grounds anyone could sue over this? Pain and suffering - hardly. Financial hardship - nobody has had to pay for anything.

It's a technical glitch, and it hasn't even affected anyone's time frames. Once it's sorted out, there's still plenty of time to submit application forms before DV-2016 interviews start in October.
i was joking

I know it is pretty much over for us not selected, but until we don't know what happens with the ones getting session time out and winners start to show up somewhere, I think there is still a little hope.

I know it is pretty much over for us not selected, but until we don't know what happens with the ones getting session time out and winners start to show up somewhere, I think there is still a little hope.
Very true, and in that hope October 2015 will arrive ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.