• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I've checked mine at 4 different times of the day - on my phone and on my computer. The technology/time is making no difference. Same time out message.

Yup, I've checked mine at 4 different times of the day - on my phone and on my computer. The technology/time is making no difference. Same time out message.

The same happens to one of my relatives we've checked in different computers and in 3 different continents and the same Time out message. Undeniable, there's a problem.

• Results were released nearly 29 hours ago. So far not a single confirmed selectee on any site that I have seen.
  • People reporting the session timed out in a small proportion of cases. People checking multiple cases seeing about a 1 in 100 session timed out occurrence rate. Chance of being a selectee? 1 in 100. Coincidence?
  • US DoS doesn't know because it sees that selected winners are logging in to check their cases. What they may NOT know is that no one appears to be seeing the letter.
  • People are checking some cases that show not selected and the same people are checking other cases that say session timed out. They are using the same PC, same browser, same servers, same load. This is clear categoric evidence that this is not a network, PC, browser, server load, or random occurence.
Add it up folks....

I'm very much inclined to agree. But I'm not excited yet because it might blow up: maybe I'm not really selected or, perhaps more likely, I have a dud CN! :p

Guys, who are getting Time Out message, please email KCC and ask them to check your result. They are the only ones who can confirm the actual status

hmm.. I remember seeing a comment that they are able to to that. Maybe I'm wrong, ok

No, otherwise sneaky people could get hold of other people's 1NLs and CNs ...
Anyone can set up an email from iambritsimon@freeprovider ...

No, otherwise sneaky people could get hold of other people's 1NLs and CNs ...
Anyone can set up an email from iambritsimon@freeprovider ...

Now this is an interesting thing. Let's say someone got hold of someone else's 1NL. How would that benefit them? To be issued a visa, you need to show at the consulate with a passport, birth certificate and other goodies. I suppose you could fill out someone's ds260 with all the wrong information, but they'd find out pretty quick and let the authorities know.

Now this is an interesting thing. Let's say someone got hold of someone else's 1NL. How would that benefit them? To be issued a visa, you need to show at the consulate with a passport, birth certificate and other goodies. I suppose you could fill out someone's ds260 with all the wrong information, but they'd find out pretty quick and let the authorities know.

Yes but if you could fill in someone's DS260 you could change the email contact and blackmail the person, either for cash or to marry someone to take with, for them to be able to ensure their DS is correct. There was already a report of this in one of the country forums this year. Extortion scams like this were rampant in certain countries when they did it all by mail.

It's more a blackmail concern. The blackmailer witholds the win information, or if that gets revealed messes around with the DS260 and so on. We have seen that happen.

Maybe they'll start believing there's a problem when their letterbox has been empty for a month

Maybe they'll start believing there's a problem when their letterbox has been empty for a month

Gees, I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long for them to realise the error! It's already starting to drive me nuts not knowing...

Gees, I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long for them to realise the error! It's already starting to drive me nuts not knowing...

Exactly! We just wanna know if we're winners or losers so we can move on with our lives. :D I'm hoping this'll be sorted in the next couple of days, but who knows. At least the KCC seem to be aware of this 'time out' issue now.

Yes but if you could fill in someone's DS260 you could change the email contact and blackmail the person, either for cash or to marry someone to take with, for them to be able to ensure their DS is correct. There was already a report of this in one of the country forums this year. Extortion scams like this were rampant in certain countries when they did it all by mail.

Bloody hell. Humanity can always surprise me with our capacity to invent creative ways to be ruthless and scheming.

If you have information about waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement involving programs or employees of the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), please submit it to us via the online forms as appropriate, below:
We would like you to think carefully about the allegation and the information you have available that can help us determine whether mismanagement or criminal conduct has been committed. To process your allegations, we will need you to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and victim. Your information should include:
  • Who committed the wrongdoing (person, company or organization)?
  • What exactly did the individual or entity do?
  • Where did the activity take place?
  • When did it happen?
  • How was the activity committed?
  • Do you know why the person committed the wrongdoing?
  • Who else has knowledge of the potential wrongdoing?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. The more information you can provide, the better chance we have of determining whether any wrongdoing has been committed. We are very interested in the information you have to provide regarding waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement or misconduct in DOS programs. https://oig.state.gov/hotline

I think a couple of calls and letters to the hotline will bring them to their senses.:)

This theory that session timed out are the winners, there have been PLENTY of reports that people who initially saw session timed out have since seen NOT SELECTED. Does this not destroy the theory that session timed out are the winners?

Personally I believe there is a glitch that is effecting everyone, even NOT SELECTED results.

Status
Not open for further replies.