• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they say everything is fine but what about session timed out massage?? those people still dont know if they are selected or not

Last year i didn't get selected and moved on, but this year with all the drama going on, so much time have been wasted by everyone.

This is the first time or that has happened in the past? I mean the fact is that nobody appears selected so far.

I have officially stopped speculating for now.Am going to wait for official statement from Dept. of consular affairs. Someone please update me if it comes up. ThanxThanx. Keep calm and wait on guys. :) God loves you all
I think thats all everyone can do now is wait and see what happens.

We feel a little resentment. Because we still don't have any winner yet since 5th. But us dept convince that's all good. What is decision for those who has "session time out" Are they winners? @Russia@

We feel a little resentment. Because we still don't have any winner yet since 5th. But us dept convince that's all good. What is decision for those who has "session time out" Are they winners? @Russia@
  • Results were released nearly 29 hours ago. So far not a single confirmed selectee on any site that I have seen.
  • People reporting the session timed out in a small proportion of cases. People checking multiple cases seeing about a 1 in 100 session timed out occurrence rate. Chance of being a selectee? 1 in 100. Coincidence?
  • US DoS doesn't know because it sees that selected winners are logging in to check their cases. What they may NOT know is that no one appears to be seeing the letter.
  • People are checking some cases that show not selected and the same people are checking other cases that say session timed out. They are using the same PC, same browser, same servers, same load. This is clear categoric evidence that this is not a network, PC, browser, server load, or random occurence.

Add it up folks....

This is weird to me:

We know KCC answered the emails from people asking for the computer glitch.
If I had the session time out error every time I check, I would contact KCC to tell them I am not being able to see whether I am a selectee or not.
I'm guessing they have to have emails like that, but yet they keep saying everything is ok.
And they should be able to check those people entries with that specific and recurrent error and give them an answer...

I don't know, something is not right here...

This is weird to me:

We know KCC answered the emails from people asking for the computer glitch.
If I had the session time out error every time I check, I would contact KCC to tell them I am not being able to see whether I am a selectee or not.
I'm guessing they have to have emails like that, but yet they keep saying everything is ok.
And they should be able to check those people entries with that specific and recurrent error and give them an answer...

I don't know, something is not right here...

Nope. KCC want a case number, name and DOB. Until you have a case number - they don't know who you are....

Not Selected. Was sad and even shared a tear. No worries, will try in Oct this year again for dv 2017. Gives me enough time to tidy a few things back at home. Congratulations to all who won dv 2016, may you live the American Dream that you so wish to live. I had become so attached to this forum, will be hard not be logging on and see what everyone else is up to. Hugs and kisses xxx

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Britsimon, for all your hard work, you have answered people's enquiries around the clock, did you even get any sleep! Go take a rest.

Lots of Best Wishes to YOU ALL .

Last edited:
Not Selected. Was sad and even shared a tear. No worries, will try in Oct this year again for dv 2017. Gives me enough time to tidy a few things back at home. Congratulations to all who won dv 2016, may you live the American Dream that you so wish to live. I had become so attached to this forum, will be hard not logging on and see what everyone else is up to. Hugs and kisses xxx

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Britsimon, for all your hard work, you have answered people's enquiries around the clock, did you even get any sleep! Go take a rest.

Lots of Best Wishes to YOU ALL .
The problem is NOONE Is selected and they can't see that! Where did those 12k come from :p

US DoS have updated their Facebook post ...

**Update: Thank you for your patience, everyone. We want to clarify the situation with Entrant Status Check. The system has randomly selected entrants for further processing. In the past 24+ hours, more than two million entrants have checked their status and more than 12,000 individuals have confirmed their selection for DV-2016 on the ESC site.

We understand some individuals are reporting error messages and are having trouble checking their status. Our technical team has confirmed that, at present, our systems are operating as normal, but they are investigating reported error messages. If you are having trouble accessing ESC, we recommend the following:

-- Continue to check back, perhaps in the evening when there is less internet traffic in your country.
-- Clear the cache in your internet browser.
-- Check your status by typing dvlottery.state.gov/ESC directly into your browser. Do not copy and paste the address.
-- Once you begin a session in Entrant Status Check, do not hit the “back” button.
[\QUOTE]

So basically they're sticking with the "Server Busy" story, despite the fact that people are still getting the Session Timeout message regardless of what time of day they're checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.