• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this disaster is over we should kill this thread and start a new one. Imagine you're a new OC and have to wade through 15 pages of junk.

Very good point. Though this thread is topical right now (not to mention fun). So maybe the new thread should be called 'OC 2016 Selectees information thread' or something.

I've been checking for some time now, got session timed out about 100+ times (all yesterday and the day before) only clicked submit once...until it gave a not selected page. So many of your theories are NOT TRUE! .... Until it's fixed, NO ONE KNOWS for sure. You can also get a consistent session timeout depending on the type of browser you use.

I've been checking for some time now, got session timed out about 100+ times (all yesterday and the day before) only clicked submit once...until it gave a not selected page. So many of your theories are NOT TRUE! .... Until it's fixed, NO ONE KNOWS for sure. You can also get a consistent session timeout depending on the type of browser you use.

Normally the content of the page should not depend on the browser, maybe how things are arranged within the page (because browsers have some slight differences between them) but not the content itself.

Except that people are also checking their results not only on different browsers, but different technology - e.g. computer and iPhone - only to have the same message come up repeatedly.

Normally the content of the page should not depend on the browser, maybe how things are arranged within the page (because browsers have some slight differences between them) but not the content itself.

I can only report from my experience and no one else's, I also checked from different browsers and my phone up until today ...got the session timed out on all... until today. Today I got the not selected page on all except explorer.

In the last few hours I saw the number of fake winners rising and it could be the same with people saying that "session time out" are getting at a certain point "not selected.
I don't want to say that you are lying, but what boo3 sayd just above is true.
And in any case I have tested since the beginning on Mac+Safari, Mac+Chrome, PC+Chrome e PC+Explorer in Italy and Mac+Safari + iPhone in New York City: still getting a consistent "session time out".
On another entry I since the beginning and consistently got "not selected".
Still, things have to change.
For sure it will come a moment (not too far, I hope :) ) when people with "session time out" will start to get a different answer, one way or another.

Ciao,
Gio

I can only report from my experience and no one else's, I also checked from different browsers and my phone up until today ...got the session timed out on all... until today. Today I got the not selected page on all except explorer.

You look serious.
I apologize if I doubted about you in my previous message.
I'm sorry if you didn't get selected.
Still, it looks very weird that nobody showed up with a real winner screenshot.

Ciao,
Gio

Hello everyone. I am from govorimpro.us(a russian forum, we're listed in DV related sources topic) forum and we made a little survey about all this STO/HNBS situation. Last survey on out forum showed that about 5% of all applications get STO with means that STO=win is quite unlikely. Can you please spend a few minutes and answer too?

The link is in my signature since I don't have 5 messages.

Hello everyone. I am from govorimpro.us(a russian forum, we're listed in DV related sources topic) forum and we made a little survey about all this STO/HNBS situation. Last survey on out forum showed that about 5% of all applications get STO with means that STO=win is quite unlikely. Can you please spend a few minutes and answer too?

I just did for 2 entries.
Anyway, how do you have the people with no "STO" partecipating to the poll?
This rises the % of "STO" for sure.

Ciao,
Gio

Have you factored in that people who got not selected are quite likely to have read that and moved on with life. Meaning that what you will be left with is a high proportion of people who have the time out and don't know what the heck that means. I guess those people might go searching on the internet - right???

Now - ask some of the agents who are checking multiple entries and have a good sampling. The ones I have heard from seem to be experiencing around 1% STO hits....

Tiny question:
Anybody experiencing problems when filling in the Correct details under "Authentication" where it says
"Type the characters as they appear in the picture"
and then filling in 100% correct info but still repeatedly get following sentence in red saying:
"Please enter the code as you see or hear it." ?

Tiny question:
Anybody experiencing problems when filling in the Correct details under "Authentication" where it says
and then filling in 100% correct info but still repeatedly get following sentence in red saying:

if that happens, close your browser and start again....

Tiny question:

It happened to me quite a few times on the first day, not anymore yesterday or today.

Ciao,
Gio

Done :)

Now that we have confirmation that the bug preventing selectees from seeing their notification letters has been fixed, I'm locking up this Thread so that a new Thread for actual selectees can be opened and used going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.