• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

In the spirit of keeping up with tradition, i wish to share my interview experience. Nairobi, Kenya. @ about 5:20am i had arrived near the embassy. Excitement beat the weather.
@6.20am the gate was opened and we went through the security checks. Then i went to the consular section where a lady at a reception issued me with a ticket number and i was told to wait outside. When my turn came , my ticket number was called out and i went back into the consular section now to counter 8. Was asked if i have ever traveled to another country, if i am married, if i have any kids and i answered. The CO then asked for my passport, passport photos, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert & copy, Certificate of good conduct. (fyi, as i had read in other posts on this forum, i had already visited KNEC to submit a confidencial copy of my KCSE results to the embassy. I had even called KNEC to confirm if they had sent the confidential copy to the embassy. )
Then the CO asked me to pay the 330 usd and bring back the receipt. I did that and was told to wait till i was called back. After about 20 minutes, i was called to counter 9. A smiling white lady was there asked my name and date of birth. Then took my finger prints. Was then asked to wait till i was called. By my estimate, i waited for about 1 hour before i was called to counter 10. The CO, asked me to lift my right hand and swear to tell the truth... i did that.
CO: when did you finish school? What did you scrore ( i respond)
CO mentions "mmmh very high score" ( i node in agreement... by this time am abit relaxed and respond clearly.)
CO:are you married? do you have any kids? Sure?( I respond)
CO: where are you going to stay in the us?
(I respond) CO:"Thats my hometown."

CO:Who are you going to be staying with? Who is that to you(i respond)
CO: what are going to do in the US? (I respond)
Im so excited when i see i green sheet paper being handed over to me "congratulations, your visa is approved. You need to pay 165 usd green card fee. If you havent registered with dhl here are instructions on how to register", the consular says.
By this time im so elated, i feel on top of the world i leave the embassy half walking half running until i reach the gate and cant wait to break the news to family. Thanks to you all for your contribution. God bless you.
Congrats. All the best.

Congratulations to all those who passed their interviews and are ready to start their journey to move here. If you have questions about life here or how to get started. Feel free to ask.

I documented my journey from start to finish here https://guriixusjourney.WordPress.com

I'm just finishing up my citizenship process. Grateful to all the help I got here on this forum.

Wow, that really is fast-track naturalization! Good luck with completion of the process and please let us know when you've had your ceremony! Will it be in time to vote this year??

Congratulations to all those who passed their interviews and are ready to start their journey to move here. If you have questions about life here or how to get started. Feel free to ask.

I documented my journey from start to finish here https://guriixusjourney.WordPress.com

I'm just finishing up my citizenship process. Grateful to all the help I got here on this forum.
I have been reading through your blog for the last two days. The posts are great, resourceful and so profound. Hard to state in full how helpful they are. From the times you were back here in Kenya to the US journeys, it's all captivating.

Hopeful that in future I will succeed in this DV thing. Thanks for your time and dedication. God bless and keep on. All the best in your citizenship process.

Thank you, I wish you all the best as you start this journey. It's scary but it's well worth it in the end. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. Which state do you plan to settle in ?

I have been reading through your blog for the last two days. The posts are great, resourceful and so profound. Hard to state in full how helpful they are. From the times you were back here in Kenya to the US journeys, it's all captivating.

Hopeful that in future I will succeed in this DV thing. Thanks for your time and dedication. God bless and keep on. All the best in your citizenship process.

As I always told the previous year's successful DV applicants out of Nairobi. Always check airfares at IOM before you buy your ticket. The same IOM location medicals are done. Sometimes they are cheaper.

Thank you, I wish you all the best as you start this journey. It's scary but it's well worth it in the end. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. Which state do you plan to settle in ?
Oh my! Looking foward to favorable DV2017 results come May. I just keep myself informed from this forum and blogs like yours. My dream is always TX or CA. Thanks.

In the spirit of keeping up with tradition, i wish to share my interview experience. Nairobi, Kenya. @ about 5:20am i had arrived near the embassy. Excitement beat the weather.
@6.20am the gate was opened and we went through the security checks. Then i went to the consular section where a lady at a reception issued me with a ticket number and i was told to wait outside. When my turn came , my ticket number was called out and i went back into the consular section now to counter 8. Was asked if i have ever traveled to another country, if i am married, if i have any kids and i answered. The CO then asked for my passport, passport photos, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert & copy, Certificate of good conduct. (fyi, as i had read in other posts on this forum, i had already visited KNEC to submit a confidencial copy of my KCSE results to the embassy. I had even called KNEC to confirm if they had sent the confidential copy to the embassy. )
Then the CO asked me to pay the 330 usd and bring back the receipt. I did that and was told to wait till i was called back. After about 20 minutes, i was called to counter 9. A smiling white lady was there asked my name and date of birth. Then took my finger prints. Was then asked to wait till i was called. By my estimate, i waited for about 1 hour before i was called to counter 10. The CO, asked me to lift my right hand and swear to tell the truth... i did that.
CO mentions "mmmh very high score" ( i node in agreement... by this time am abit relaxed and respond clearly.)

Im so excited when i see i green sheet paper being handed over to me "congratulations, your visa is approved. You need to pay 165 usd green card fee. If you havent registered with dhl here are instructions on how to register", the consular says.
By this time im so elated, i feel on top of the world i leave the embassy half walking half running until i reach the gate and cant wait to break the news to family. Thanks to you all for your contribution. God bless you.

Congratulations!! ....As we are also getting closer ...

Congrats and all the best.

@Gurixx I really like your blog and gives me encouragement. Am planning to settle in Missouri, is it a good state economically, socially, housing etc......? Thanks.

Hello good people. Am 2016 selectee case number 21***. I received email on 22nd Feb informing on further updates and i need to log in through entrant status check to complete for further processing. Apparently whenever i try to log in with my case number it request for 16 case number digits. Am aware the initial number was only 14 digits. Anybody else with similar experience? any advice on way forward please? i need to do this soonest possible. TIA

This was my yesterday's interview experience at Nairobi consolate section, Kenya. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Arrived at 5.20am. At 6.00am the embassy main gate was opened. We went 1st security check and only 2nl and PP was required at that point. Proceeded to the 2nd security check point. This point 2nd/PP was requested and instructed to leave all the metallic objects and phones. Proceeded to the hole after the checks and we were given a token number after giving the receptionist our 2nl. We were told to wait outside as we wait our number to be called. After 20mins our number was called at window 7.we met a kenyan lady who asked for the fillowing;
Principle applicant (me):-
1.birth cert and copy
2.marriage cert and copy
3.police clearance cert without a copy
4. KCSE and copy

1st Dependants(my wife):-
1.birth cert and copy
2.Police clearance cert

2nd Dependant(my daughter):-
1.birth cert and copy

After the lady went through our docs and got satisfied, she sent me to pay the visa fee for 3 of us which was $330 per person. After returning the payment receipts to her, she told us to wait outside and wait our number to be called again.
After about 30mins we were called to counter 9 where we found a tall white lady who requested to take our fingure prints. Then she told us to go back and sit outside to wait for our number to be called again.
In 1hr time our number was called again to counter 10. Found a black American lady who was now the CO to conduct the interview. Then it started:-
CO: Good morning
Me&wife: morning
CO: Both of you raise your right hand and swear.... brrr
Me&wife: yes, we do
CO: To me what are yours names.?
Me: brrrrrr
CO: when did you complete your high school?
CO: what was your grade?
Me: brrrr
CO: What did you do after high school?
Me: brrrrrrr
CO: what are you doing now?
CO: which state and city are going?
Me: brrr
CO: who lives there?
Me: brrr
CO: how are you related?
Me: brrrr
CO: To me & wife- is this your first marriage for both of you?
Me & wife: brrrrrrr
CO: To me & Wife- is this your only kid?
Me & wife: brrrrrrr
Congratulations your visa is approved. I will now return your originals but will remain with your PP.............brrrr. I even did hear the last part of the conversation
All the glory be to God.
Congrats!!! what about medical checks? how did you go about it?

Hello good people. Am 2016 selectee case number 21***. I received email on 22nd Feb informing on further updates and i need to log in through entrant status check to complete for further processing. Apparently whenever i try to log in with my case number it request for 16 case number digits. Am aware the initial number was only 14 digits. Anybody else with similar experience? any advice on way forward please? i need to do this soonest possible. TIA

Just to double check you are using the original confirmation number from your eDV entry? Same one you used to check if you had been selected?

@Gurixx I really like your blog and gives me encouragement. Am planning to settle in Missouri, is it a good state economically, socially, housing etc......? Thanks.

Thank you. I don't know much about Missouri but I know it gets cold during winter and their main towns are Milwaukee and Madison. It's not too far from Chicago, Illinois