• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Not sure about the Advance Parole, but yes you should be concerned about the sept30 deadline till you haven't received the welcome letter.
Does that mean if I don't get everything done by Sep30, my case will be automatically rejected?
Can you please elaborate on this point?

Just wondering: "I submitted my case back in June, got approved, and I'll be fingerprinted this Friday." What do you mean with 'got approved', filings received by USCIS or else?
I apologize for the confusion. What I meant to say is my case was received by USCIS and they already sent me the I-797s.

Does that mean if I don't get everything done by Sep30, my case will be automatically rejected?

I apologize for the confusion. What I meant to say is my case was received by USCIS and they already sent me the I-797s.
Yes, you will have to complete the full DV process by September 30th, i.e. filing, biometrics, interview if necessary and, finally, approval. Best of luck!

Hello everyone,
I submitted my case back in June, got approved, and I'll be fingerprinted this Friday.

Does anyone know how long does it take before I get my Advance Parole (aka. the Travel document)?
Also, Are we concerned by the September 30, 2016 deadline once we were approved?

Thanks!

I'm sure you mean your petition got accepted, not approved. If the petition is already approved, what's there to be worried/concerned about regarding the Sept 30th deadline, right?

Anyway, AP approval typically takes about 3 months and it ends up not been relevant/useful to DV based AOS petitioners at the end of the day, since the I-485 on average gets approved around the same time.

And DV based petition not approved by COB on Sept 30th of their applicable FY dies a natural death. It will basically get denied.

Thanks for the quick responses. Hopefully, I can make it before Sep 30th.
Dang, I started stressing out about it.

Don't bother to quote previous posts with your response if you're going to delete those posts and replace them with ...

Hi Mom, I submited my case back in October, I did fingerprint in November and had my interview in May. In the interview they told me that they were waiting for my background check from FBI. They have already send me my work permit. But I don't have any news about the green card. Is it normal that it take so long? I'm starting to get nervous thinking about September 30th deadline.

Hi Mom, I submited my case back in October, I did fingerprint in November and had my interview in May. In the interview they told me that they were waiting for my background check from FBI. They have already send me my work permit. But I don't have any news about the green card. Is it normal that it take so long? I'm starting to get nervous thinking about September 30th deadline.

It's not unusual for a background check to take as long as yours has taken today - there are people with family or employment based AOS petitions that are currently stuck in AP for years. However because yours is a DV based AOS petition which is limited by time, I would be very worried by now if I was in your shoes.

Have you gone in INFOPASS to check on your case? Have you been in touch with your congress person at any point in time to follow up on your case?

Hi mom, I am from New York City. My DV based AOS was files on March first week for my case no current on April. Biometric was done on April 15. Since, then nothing was updated. What should I do now? Thanks.

Hi mom, I am from New York City. My DV based AOS was files on March first week for my case no current on April. Biometric was done on April 15. Since, then nothing was updated. What should I do now? Thanks.

You can go on an INFOPASS visit to your FO to follow up on your case.

hi Sm1smom,
I had IV on 1/6, wife was primary, son and wife for GC a week after, I have had 4 info passes since then, was told on my 4th info pass that background check is pending, have reached out to Senator and he sent a letter saying that as per USCIS your case is in process, now I am reaching out to ombudsman and ready for 5th pass next wk,
Somewhat hopeless after all that time, would you recommend anything otherwise at this moment
I appreciate your input

Hi Mom quick question, are there people who received their GC without CPO update? My husbands case is still under case is approved and its says since July 7th. But my GC is already in mail.

hi Sm1smom,
I had IV on 1/6, wife was primary, son and wife for GC a week after, I have had 4 info passes since then, was told on my 4th info pass that background check is pending, have reached out to Senator and he sent a letter saying that as per USCIS your case is in process, now I am reaching out to ombudsman and ready for 5th pass next wk,
Somewhat hopeless after all that time, would you recommend anything otherwise at this moment
I appreciate your input

Unfortunately not much can be done when stuck in AP as you've been. Yes, reach out to the Ombudsman's office for further assistance and keep going on INFOPASS appointments. Don't give up, it's still possible to get through by the end of the FY.

Hi Mom quick question, are there people who received their GC without CPO update? My husbands case is still under case is approved and its says since July 7th. But my GC is already in mail.

Yes there have been similar cases. Stop stressing, at least his online status shows case approved.

Thank you for the reply. I read about congressmen posted by other members. Could you please advise me how they can be met in New York City ?
Well I did this but not in NY but in NH. I got to say when selecting your senator or congressman please check whether they are pro immigration or not. If you select the wrong person they would not do much help.

Hi sm1smom, does the interview letter come as a registered mail ? or regular? I mean do I need to be present in house at the time of mail delivery for signature?

I do not know why I have not received interview letter yet. The other two winners of Boston, FO processed their case pretty quickly. Please suggest me something.