• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello,

I am new to this threat - and everything/everyone here seems extremely helpful.
I had my interview today (NYC FO) - and my case is being held for further review.
The officer didn't say anything - she simply told me to expect a response in 60-90 days.
I am currently on an F1-Visa - and I brought an I-134 and employment letters. I did not give her my bank statements - but now I am wondering whether I should go back to the office and submit my bank statement. She did not ask for anything other than "please hand over all the documents you were asked to bring." I was kind of expecting her to go over the documents with me there, and ask me if she had any concerns (in which case I would have given her the statement as additional evidence).

Sorry for all these words - I am wondering:
Did anyone here have an interview at the NYC FO (Federal Plaza) and is it normal for a case to be held for review or should I be worrying?
Also, an additional 60-90 days sounds long, given that I submitted my application early in September 2015, my # was current in October, and this is a DV case - was anyone else told to wait this long?
Can anyone think of a reason why going back and submitting a bank statement could cause any harm to my application?

Thank you! Any answers/shared experiences/comments are appreciated :)

The 60-90 days review time is a standard response they sometimes use - if your background check cleared and they already have your KCC with them, a decision will be made not too long from today. There's no rule that says the IO must review each document with you and let you know if she had concern over any of them. While I can say her not making a decision on your case on the spot doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the none submission of the bank statements especially if you think it could have enhanced your case - but then if you already handed in an I-134 to overcome the public charge doubt, then that issue is really mute IMHO.

There's an unspoken rule when it comes to immigration issues - don't volunteer unsolicited information. They've not issued you with an RFE, going back to submit bank statements is volunteering unsolicited information.

Hi guys,
We (wife and kids) have our interview this Thursday. Very excited.
I was just going through all my paperwork (which I have gone over umpteen times) and noticed we entered the wrong town of birth for my wife on the I-485. I put the town that the other three of us have by accident and never picked it up. Can't believe I have only picked it up now... but thats life.
How do I handle this? Will I have a chance to offer up this mistake during the interview, or should I, or only if they ask me specifically about the question?
Thanks

Hi guys,
We (wife and kids) have our interview this Thursday. Very excited.
I was just going through all my paperwork (which I have gone over umpteen times) and noticed we entered the wrong town of birth for my wife on the I-485. I put the town that the other three of us have by accident and never picked it up. Can't believe I have only picked it up now... but thats life.
How do I handle this? Will I have a chance to offer up this mistake during the interview, or should I, or only if they ask me specifically about the question?
Thanks

Mention it to the IO and request for the information to be updated when you go for the interview.

Hello,

I am new to this threat - and everything/everyone here seems extremely helpful.
I had my interview today (NYC FO) - and my case is being held for further review.
The officer didn't say anything - she simply told me to expect a response in 60-90 days.
I am currently on an F1-Visa - and I brought an I-134 and employment letters. I did not give her my bank statements - but now I am wondering whether I should go back to the office and submit my bank statement. She did not ask for anything other than "please hand over all the documents you were asked to bring." I was kind of expecting her to go over the documents with me there, and ask me if she had any concerns (in which case I would have given her the statement as additional evidence).

Sorry for all these words - I am wondering:
Did anyone here have an interview at the NYC FO (Federal Plaza) and is it normal for a case to be held for review or should I be worrying?
Also, an additional 60-90 days sounds long, given that I submitted my application early in September 2015, my # was current in October, and this is a DV case - was anyone else told to wait this long?
Can anyone think of a reason why going back and submitting a bank statement could cause any harm to my application?

Thank you! Any answers/shared experiences/comments are appreciated :)

Hi,

Congrats on getting your interview done! We had our interview at NYC FO Tuesday of last week. Our case was also held for review, and we haven't heard anything back yet. The lady told us to expect a response in 2 - 3 weeks, but that it can take up to 12o days, and we weren't permitted to follow up with them on the status until 120 days had passed. I think everyone who has had their interview there so far this year has been "held for review" although the others got their CPO very quickly after the interview.

As others have said, I would strongly suggest not going back with any more documentation. If they want more, they'll contact you.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress.

Hi,
Wanna thank u guys that I finally get approved for the green card! Is that it after getting the card and next time I travel outside the US I just need to use that card directly? No any other processes/forms...etc to do or adjust anymore? Thanks!

After more than 10 times calling KCC, yesterday she put me on hold and after 5-6 minutes, she said that your file will be sent to your FO tomorrow. Today I called again to make sure, and they confirmed that it's sent! Hopefully I'll get the CPO soon if something new doesn't happen :D

After more than 10 times calling KCC, yesterday she put me on hold and after 5-6 minutes, she said that your file will be sent to your FO tomorrow. Today I called again to make sure, and they confirmed that it's sent! Hopefully I'll get the CPO soon if something new doesn't happen :D
I'm so glad you heard it. I hope you will get the big news very soon.

Mom quick question. My I 131 and I765 got approved. My self and my husband both received the approval notice for I 131. But did not receive any notice for I765. Is this the normal procedure

Hi Sm1smom, I have received my Bio Metric Date which is on Tuesday and my online case status still says "Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again". Is it Normal or should i call USCIS?
Thank you.

Mom quick question. My I 131 and I765 got approved. My self and my husband both received the approval notice for I 131. But did not receive any notice for I765. Is this the normal procedure

Is your approval notice an exact carbon copy of your husband's, with different receipt/case numbers of course? Or does your own notice make any reference to the EAD?

Regardless of the response to the above questions though, none receipt of the approval notice is not a big deal. Have you received the actual cards?

Hi Sm1smom, I have received my Bio Metric Date which is on Tuesday and my online case status still says "Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again". Is it Normal or should i call USCIS?
Thank you.

USCIS sometimes take a while to update case/receipt numbers online. Just give it some time.

Is your approval notice an exact carbon copy of your husband's, with different receipt/case numbers of course? Or does your own notice make any reference to the EAD?

Regardless of the response to the above questions though, none receipt of the approval notice is not a big deal. Have you received the actual cards?
Just today I got my card but didnt receive the husbands card, but did receive the approval notices for both of us in 2 separate envelopes

Hi,

Congrats on getting your interview done! We had our interview at NYC FO Tuesday of last week. Our case was also held for review, and we haven't heard anything back yet. The lady told us to expect a response in 2 - 3 weeks, but that it can take up to 12o days, and we weren't permitted to follow up with them on the status until 120 days had passed. I think everyone who has had their interview there so far this year has been "held for review" although the others got their CPO very quickly after the interview.

As others have said, I would strongly suggest not going back with any more documentation. If they want more, they'll contact you.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress.
Thank you - I will absolutely keep you posted. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Hello, I am on a F1 visa on Oklahoma univ, I will move to New Mexico this July with new I20, it looks that my number (AS11xxx) gonna be current in August! What can I do to change my address and the interview to New Mexico, I already filled the DS260 as an Oklahoma student, but not payed the fees!

Hello, I am on a F1 visa on Oklahoma univ, I will move to New Mexico this July with new I20, it looks that my number (AS11xxx) gonna be current in August! What can I do to change my address and the interview to New Mexico, I already filled the DS260 as an Oklahoma student, but not payed the fees!

The address listed on the I-485 form is what determines your FO, not the address on the DS260. For if you're yet to send in the I-485 package, there's no address/FO change issue. You simply wait until July, when you know your new address before sending in your AOS package.