• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I just called KCC, it seems that my FO has requested my file on march 8 (on my interview date). But KCC didn't know if they have sent it or not!! Isn't it weird? She asked my to call back again tomorrow.
Hmm... When I called, she was able to provide me with the date they delivered the file as well as the date it was requested. Maybe there's a problem in their systems? Give another shot tomorrow, hope you'll get an answer!

Thanks Mom. One more question, I will pass 6 months of my medical check by the day of interview. Do you think I should do it again before the interview?
I was about to ask Mom the same exact question. It will be just over 6 months since my medical at the time of my interview on April 19th..

Yes, I am 100% sure that there is nothing with my background check. I have done that before for work purpose and it only took few weeks for clearances. Now it has been so long. I am only afraid that my case sleeps in the FBI check and the fiscal year is over.
Thank you for immediate reply

An employment related background check is not the same as an immigration background check which is usually a lot more detailed and covers a wider spectrum.

Thanks Mom. One more question, I will pass 6 months of my medical check by the day of interview. Do you think I should do it again before the interview?

I was about to ask Mom the same exact question. It will be just over 6 months since my medical at the time of my interview on April 19th..

I wouldn't do a new medical exam unless the IL specifically says a new medical report should be presented at the time of the interview.

Ohhhh is this mean that they may lose their card if I am not eventually approved !!
I am very surprised too and very confused. How they approve them without me. I was in infopass two weeks ago and told me the case is under review then they approve them in the online status.
I hope they approve me soon this is so stressful :(

It is possible your green card has simply got lost or delayed. Not AOS, but green cards are all sent from the same place.... And all the rest of my family got their cards months before I did. Hopefully this is all it is.

I didn't ask if they have received my KCC file or not, but 2-3 months ago I asked about the background check and they said it's done. On the last INFOPASS, I ask do I have everything I need? and they said yes and you just need to wait until they respond. It might take up to 2 months!!
Is there anything that I can do? I'm getting nervous.

Asking specific questions, like reading off a check list, at the INFOPASS usually rules out the possibility of being given a generic response of 'we have everything we need' or being told 'just wait'

It is possible your green card has simply got lost or delayed. Not AOS, but green cards are all sent from the same place.... And all the rest of my family got their cards months before I did. Hopefully this is all it is.

Her online status should have been updated, like the rest of the family was, if she's been approved and issued with a GC.

Her online status should have been updated, like the rest of the family was, if she's been approved and issued with a GC.

...but technically they shouldn't have been approved so I was just giving another possibility of where the mistake might be?

Do you mean it is possible they approve mine without changing the online status? So are your family the derivative and you are the primary applicant? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am so lost with this process

...but technically they shouldn't have been approved so I was just giving another possibility of where the mistake might be?

Right. However, USCIS has been known to erroneously approve and issue a derivative's GC while the main petitioner is still pending. I believe one of our forum members @Ifitis2be had her GC issued and delivered a couple of weeks before her husband, the main derivative finally got his.

Do you mean it is possible they approve mine without changing the online status? So are your family the derivative and you are the primary applicant? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am so lost with this process

Susie's situation is completely different from yours, she processed CP. She and the rest of her family were already approved together, her plastic GC just didn't show up with the rest of the family's.

Hey all

This is gonna be the last post I'm writing here. We got the Green Cards today in the mail. Newark FO was amazing! The officer was so nice and they kinda approved us so fast. We received our cards 1 week after the interview.
We wish everyone here a smooth, easy and stress free process. Remember you were all so lucky to be in this process.

Thanks mom. You are amazing. I found this forum last May through a friend who passed this process 2 years before us and I will introduce here to anyone who asks me for help in this way from now on.

Best of luck

Hey all

This is gonna be the last post I'm writing here. We got the Green Cards today in the mail. Newark FO was amazing! The officer was so nice and they kinda approved us so fast. We received our cards 1 week after the interview.
We wish everyone here a smooth, easy and stress free process. Remember you were all so lucky to be in this process.

Thanks mom. You are amazing. I found this forum last May through a friend who passed this process 2 years before us and I will introduce here to anyone who asks me for help in this way from now on.

Best of luck
Congrats :) such a relief :)

Hi guys, quick question:
Since on April 12 will be my first INFOPASS and since we are still on April (so even if it's taking forever considering that is a DV based case they could say that they still have 5 months before the end of the FY) what kind of approach I should have in these sense? I will bring with me also the Policy memo to remind that DV cases require a "special" processing respect the other cases but I'm afraid this 5 months before the end could be not arguable.
Moreover I would like to know when could really make sense to contact level 2 officers and/or congressman. Maybe it's too early for this INFOPASS but I just want to know to plan a timeline for me

Hi guys, quick question:
Since on April 12 will be my first INFOPASS and since we are still on April (so even if it's taking forever considering that is a DV based case they could say that they still have 5 months before the end of the FY) what kind of approach I should have in these sense? I will bring with me also the Policy memo to remind that DV cases require a "special" processing respect the other cases but I'm afraid this 5 months before the end could be not arguable.
Moreover I would like to know when could really make sense to contact level 2 officers and/or congressman. Maybe it's too early for this INFOPASS but I just want to know to plan a timeline for me
Technically, the policy memo only says that the field offices should monitor their DV case loads closely and strive to adjudicate DV cases before the end of the FY they pertain to. So it doesn't state that DV cases should be treated in a special and/or expedited way. But of course, it's good to remind them that these cases are time sensitive, in case they are not aware.

My wife and I just got our green cards in the mail today (less than 2 weeks after the uncharacteristically long interview with RFE)! We were so excited, we stood outside in the rain waiting for the postlady to show up. Thanks so much Mom for your guidance in this process. We're very grateful. I've added more date info to the AOS timeline sheet in hopes it will help others. Interestingly, our EAD/AP cards have yet to show up.