• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thank you mom 6 month validity to the day of the interview or until chicago lockbox acceptance? Thank you in advance
Thanks mom, I will do the test towards the end or early next month, in the mean time I started preparing the documents like you said I need t get an letter from my employer so what should be included in the letter? I can only think of my name, title, salary and from when was I working. So should we do the same for my husband? My husband works hourly as a senior research intern in a startup company and the company has told him once he received the green card they are going to remove intern part from his job title and going to offer him a regular job with company equity. so my question is if my husband also gets a letter does that information need to be there? Again thanks in advance

Mom, one last question. How much money does the sponsor needs to make in order to qualify as a sponsor on i-134? Does the bank account deposit would work as well?

Thanks mom, I will do the test towards the end or early next month, in the mean time I started preparing the documents like you said I need t get an letter from my employer so what should be included in the letter? I can only think of my name, title, salary and from when was I working. So should we do the same for my husband? My husband works hourly as a senior research intern in a startup company and the company has told him once he received the green card they are going to remove intern part from his job title and going to offer him a regular job with company equity. so my question is if my husband also gets a letter does that information need to be there? Again thanks in advance

Please google 'employment verification letter'.

Regarding the financial documents expectation, please reference the AOS spreadsheet. I believe it adequately covers what's expected/acceptable.

Mom, one last question. How much money does the sponsor needs to make in order to qualify as a sponsor on i-134? Does the bank account deposit would work as well?

The sponsor's annual income varies, it depends on the total number of people in the sponsor's household plus the number of people being supported by the affidavit.

Read more about the sponsor's poverty guideline requirement:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Hi, could you tell me when do we usually receive NOA from uscis once we send the AOS package ?

Anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Take a look at the Timelines spreadsheet for more information on how long it's taken others.

Hello sorry I have another question!
Our case number is current for December and all our AOS package stuff are ready but we have some financially issues and are not able to send the package until December 10th. I just wanted to make sure it wont cause any problem.

Hello sorry I have another question!
Our case number is current for December and all our AOS package stuff are ready but we have some financially issues and are not able to send the package until December 10th. I just wanted to make sure it wont cause any problem.

You're free to send whenever you're ready, as long as you send in the package in plenty of enough time to ensure the process gets completed before the end of the FY.

Hi, so I was wondering if I need an Affidavit of support because I am pretty confused since everyone is talking about it. I am a student but I have a job offer for when I graduate to start in the summer of when I graduate and I will be receiving more than 60k a year. Do I need an Affidavit of support or not? Thank you very much. Also I am not married and have no dependents and since I am in school right now in the Boston I plan to remain in Boston and share an apartment with friends from school.

Hi, so I was wondering if I need an Affidavit of support because I am pretty confused since everyone is talking about it. I am a student but I have a job offer for when I graduate to start in the summer of when I graduate and I will be receiving more than 60k a year. Do I need an Affidavit of support or not? Thank you very much. Also I am not married and have no dependents and since I am in school right now in the Boston I plan to remain in Boston and share an apartment with friends from school.

It's really your call as to whether or not you should bother to prepare an affidavit of support for your interview. Most applicants who do not currently have a significant amount of income to show at the moment, especially those in F/M status are preparing the affidavit as a back up document since most IOs do request evidence of financial stability mostly from petitioners with student status.

@JhonnyBravo sure! I consulted Dr. Peter Schlesinger, MD very close to Harvard Square, MA. And thanks Mom. I would like to know what you suggest though. Will I lose out if I don't have an Affidavit of support even though I have a job offer?

@JhonnyBravo sure! I consulted Dr. Peter Schlesinger, MD very close to Harvard Square, MA. And thanks Mom. I would like to know what you suggest though. Will I lose out if I don't have an Affidavit of support even though I have a job offer?

No you wouldn't loose out if the IO asks for it at the time of your interview and you're not able to present one. The IO simply wouldn't approve your case until it's presented. To avoid the possibility of a delay, If I was in your shoes, I will still go ahead and prepare one as a back up document to be presented if requested during the interview.

No you wouldn't loose out if the IO asks for it at the time of your interview and you're not able to present one. The IO simply wouldn't approve your case until it's presented. To avoid the possibility of a delay, If I was in your shoes, I will still go ahead and prepare one as a back up document to be presented if requested during the interview.

Presumably NanaSorbah will be presenting the actual job offer too, though?

I would like to extend NanaSorbah's question. I am also on F status now and hold a 20hr/week position (of course, I have a job offer). I also have some funds on my bank account, which are greater that 125% of the minimum level.
I am just curious -- since it seems that I need to file Affidavit of Support, whom can I it from? I do not have a spouse or even a partner at the moment.
I was planning to simply include my job offer, w-2 and bank statement... But it seems like it is not enough anymore.

Thanks!