• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom,

I need your advice. I am confused of few things:
1. On your spreadsheets, it stated that the principal needs to attach DV loterry Winner Letter (letter with barcode sheet). Could you explain which form is this? I could not find any letter with barcode.
2. My wife is the principal, does she need to include i-134? I will be supporting her since I work in US full-time and the combine saving in the bank statements is > $20,000. I am pretty sure you mentioned before somewhere in this forum saying that for this case the principal doesn't need to include i-134, am I right?
3. Is there any specific order in putting all the documents together? I am thinking to put my documents in the following orders:
a. Principal: Pass photos, check, G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, Copy of I-797As, DV Lottery Winner Letter (from DOS KCC), Copy of DS-260 confirmation page, DV admin payment receipt, Copy of birth certificate, Copy of Passport, copy of I-94, copy of visa, copy of past I-20s, Copy of Diplomas, Bank Statements (include spouse's bank statements, spouse's letter of offer, spouse's pay stub)
b. Spouse: Pass photos, check, G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, copy of marriage certificate, Copy of birth certificate, copy of I-94, Copy of Passport, copy of visa, Copy of I-797As, Copy of EAD card.
Do they seem to be on the right order?

I am almost ready with the application, will be sending out on 9/30. Thank you very much Mom. You are the best.

~ moved from the 2016 Winners Meet Here Thread ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom,

related to my question above, do I need to file i-864? it is not on your spreadsheet so I was not aware before. However, I saw some people include i-864. Please advise.

Thank you very much mom.

Mom,

I need your advice. I am confused of few things:
1. On your spreadsheets, it stated that the principal needs to attach DV loterry Winner Letter (letter with barcode sheet). Could you explain which form is this? I could not find any letter with barcode.
2. My wife is the principal, does she need to include i-134? I will be supporting her since I work in US full-time and the combine saving in the bank statements is > $20,000. I am pretty sure you mentioned before somewhere in this forum saying that for this case the principal doesn't need to include i-134, am I right?
3. Is there any specific order in putting all the documents together? I am thinking to put my documents in the following orders:
a. Principal: Pass photos, check, G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, Copy of I-797As, DV Lottery Winner Letter (from DOS KCC), Copy of DS-260 confirmation page, DV admin payment receipt, Copy of birth certificate, Copy of Passport, copy of I-94, copy of visa, copy of past I-20s, Copy of Diplomas, Bank Statements (include spouse's bank statements, spouse's letter of offer, spouse's pay stub)
b. Spouse: Pass photos, check, G-1145, I-485, G-325A, I-693, copy of marriage certificate, Copy of birth certificate, copy of I-94, Copy of Passport, copy of visa, Copy of I-797As, Copy of EAD card.
Do they seem to be on the right order?

I am almost ready with the application, will be sending out on 9/30. Thank you very much Mom. You are the best.

~ moved from the 2016 Winners Meet Here Thread ~

1. The bar code used to be on page 2 of the selectee NL. Changes have since been made to the NL, so don't worry about the bar code, just ensure you include the NL.

2. Your wife shouldn't need an I-134 if you have an income that is 125% above the poverty guideline which will be roughly $20,000 in your case.

3. There's no requirement for the package to be arranged in any particular order. Having said that though, if this was my package I would put the DV selectee NL right before the G-1145 (immediately after the check) to draw attention to the basis of filing.

Mom,

related to my question above, do I need to file i-864? it is not on your spreadsheet so I was not aware before. However, I saw some people include i-864. Please advise.

Thank you very much mom.

I-864 is not required for DV based AOS petition, hence its none listing on the AOS spreadsheet. An I-134 has been listed in its place. No one filing a DV based AOS petition has included an I-864 with their package AFAIK.

Hi guys,
I have a friend who was very lucky to win the lottery, and her number is in 17XXX. She is married and has a very complicated situation unfortunately.
She is pending Asylum application. Before they applied for asylum she was on F1 visa, but her husband's status was denied, for some reason, and status was cancelled.
Do they still have a chance for getting a GC?
If not, what would you suggest they should do?

Hi guys,
I have a friend who was very lucky to win the lottery, and her number is in 17XXX. She is married and has a very complicated situation unfortunately.
She is pending Asylum application. Before they applied for asylum she was on F1 visa, but her husband's status was denied, for some reason, and status was cancelled.
Do they still have a chance for getting a GC?
If not, what would you suggest they should do?

Unfortunately, we can't provide guidance regarding complicated cases. They need to speak with a competent immigration attorney. Your friend should ensure whoever they speak with is equally knowledgeable regarding the DV process.

Hi Mom, just a question regarding the form I-134 Affadavit of Support - I'm not sure if we need to include this? My wife is the one who was selected for DV processing, and she's here working on E2 visa full time, so I'm assuming she won't need to fill that form for herself and just show paychecks, employer contract etc - but me (as the spouse) haven't worked here yet, so do we need to fill that out for me, as I haven't had any income yet here in the US? I have an EAD, but it only came through a week or so ago. ie, will a spouse be considered a public charge if they don't have steady income even though the dv selectee is working and earning above the guidelines of required income?

Hi Mom, just a question regarding the form I-134 Affadavit of Support - I'm not sure if we need to include this? My wife is the one who was selected for DV processing, and she's here working on E2 visa full time, so I'm assuming she won't need to fill that form for herself and just show paychecks, employer contract etc - but me (as the spouse) haven't worked here yet, so do we need to fill that out for me, as I haven't had any income yet here in the US? I have an EAD, but it only came through a week or so ago. ie, will a spouse be considered a public charge if they don't have steady income even though the dv selectee is working and earning above the guidelines of required income?

If your wife's annual income is 125% above the poverty guideline (just like I earlier on responded to @STAN2015 a couple of posts above yours), you guys do not need to submit an affidavit of support. Either party's income is regarded as joint income.

1. The bar code used to be on page 2 of the selectee NL. Changes have since been made to the NL, so don't worry about the bar code, just ensure you include the NL.

2. Your wife shouldn't need an I-134 if you have an income that is 125% above the poverty guideline which will be roughly $20,000 in your case.

3. There's no requirement for the package to be arranged in any particular order. Having said that though, if this was my package I would put the DV selectee NL right before the G-1145 (immediately after the check) to draw attention to the basis of filing.

Mom,
Thank you very much for your response. Now I am ready to send the package, I will do it tomorrow. Will keep update my status! Thanks a lot, you are the best!

Thanks. A bit confused

No need to be confused. The AOS process is for selectees currently based in the US, AOSers get interviewed in the US. Completely different from the CP process. If you're still confused, I would suggest you stay off AOS related Threads and focus on those discussing the CP process in the forum.