• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

The DV payment isn't necessarily after the receipt of the 2NL. It mostly depends on how high or low your CN is, and how soon you're comfortable with making the payment. The payment can be made prior to the receipt of the 2NL.

PCC from home country is not required for AOS.

Okay Great, Thank You My CN is 2016AF00030XXX so I will wait another month for the 2NL and then make the payment.

Last edited:
When it comes to dealing with KCC (and USCIS for that matter), choice of words matters. Asking KCC what the process is with regards to your daughter and whether or not you needed to fill out the DS-260 form for her (as you posted above) is not the same as informing them about the fact that your daughter is already a USC and that you will not be filling out the DS-260 form for her (which is what I had suggested you do). Their response seem appropriate (admittedly vaguely confusing) IMHO.
Ok, thanks for your help.

Hello,
here is my situation:
- I have submitted my DS-260 3 weeks ago, and I have sent the DV payment last week.
- I'm currently in the US, but I will fly back to Europe next week and I will return to the US after 3 weeks

Could I have any problem at the port of entry, since I have already submitted my DS-260? I currently hold an E-2 (which will expire in 2017).

Thank you!

Hello,
here is my situation:
- I have submitted my DS-260 3 weeks ago, and I have sent the DV payment last week.
- I'm currently in the US, but I will fly back to Europe next week and I will return to the US after 3 weeks

Could I have any problem at the port of entry, since I have already submitted my DS-260? I currently hold an E-2 (which will expire in 2017).

Thank you!

Re-admission will be at the discretion of the CBP officer.

hey
I Accidentally Provide my Personal ID in the Social Security Number (don't have one - yet) rubric Information in DS-260.

what is the Implications of this. even if my CN will be current i lost it?

best regards

Hello,
I currently have two addresses: home and school. So I stated that my most current address is home address although I sometimes have to stay on campus. Although these two addresses are very close to each other, they are located in different cities and states. Yet, I can commute easily.

I know that USCIS determines what doctors are allowed to give medical exam. We can choose a state or city, then find those doctors. Yet, I like to know whether I can get my medical exam in any State. Does it matter in what state/city the medical examiner is?

What about, fingerprinting? Does it matter if I get an info-pass in any USCIS office in any state/city, or just walking if they are available and get my fingerprinting done?

I would appreciate your kind response. Thank you.

I am the selectee for 2016 DV and am doing the AOS process. I already filed the DS260 form but I haven't got any email from KCC yet. how long will it take for KCC to email confirming the intention to do AOS (2nd NL). my case no is AS00005xxx

hey
I Accidentally Provide my Personal ID in the Social Security Number (don't have one - yet) rubric Information in DS-260.

what is the Implications of this. even if my CN will be current i lost it?

best regards

No negative implication.

Hello,
I currently have two addresses: home and school. So I stated that my most current address is home address although I sometimes have to stay on campus. Although these two addresses are very close to each other, they are located in different cities and states. Yet, I can commute easily.

I know that USCIS determines what doctors are allowed to give medical exam. We can choose a state or city, then find those doctors. Yet, I like to know whether I can get my medical exam in any State. Does it matter in what state/city the medical examiner is?

What about, fingerprinting? Does it matter if I get an info-pass in any USCIS office in any state/city, or just walking if they are available and get my fingerprinting done?

I would appreciate your kind response. Thank you.

Better to use a CS from the State you consider as your main/home address.

While your ASC will be determined by your home address, meaning your bio letter will have you scheduled for an appointment based on your home address, you can attempt a bio walk at any ASC in any State. Bear in mind though, an INFOPASS isn't for a walk in bio. If you ever need to do an INFOPASS for the purpose of following up on your case, the INFOPASS has to be at the specific FO assigned to your case.

I am the selectee for 2016 DV and am doing the AOS process. I already filed the DS260 form but I haven't got any email from KCC yet. how long will it take for KCC to email confirming the intention to do AOS (2nd NL). my case no is AS00005xxx

AOSers receive 2NL 2 weeks to 2 months from when the DS-260 form is submitted (could be longer, occasionally).

Those going through CP receive 2NL about 6-8 weeks before their scheduled interview date (following when their CN becomes current) like Susie posted above. Those in this category whose CN becomes current in October will begin to receive 2NL from August.

when I called KCC they said that they will not be sending any letter or emails and said me to call around august to know if my number is current or not, so I got confused. do all of the AOS applicant get email from KCC ?

when I called KCC they said that they will not be sending any letter or emails and said me to call around august to know if my number is current or not, so I got confused. do all of the AOS applicant get email from KCC ?

You're probably not going to be the last person to ask this question, so I guess I need to incorporate the answer somewhere on the AOS spreadsheet. Anyway, read the following post:

That's the standard response from KCC regarding 2NL for AOSers. It is a waste of time for anyone processing AOS to call KCC and enquire about the 2NL.

However, it's a known fact that KCC does send out an email notification/response to AOSers once they've looked at their DS-260 forms to let them know that no further action will be taken by KCC and that one would need to contact USCIS to complete the DV process. The email will also contain an attachment with instructions for making the DV processing fee payment.

Better to use a CS from the State you consider as your main/home address.

While your ASC will be determined by your home address, meaning your bio letter will have you scheduled for an appointment based on your home address, you can attempt a bio walk at any ASC in any State. Bear in mind though, an INFOPASS isn't for a walk in bio. If you ever need to do an INFOPASS for the purpose of following up on your case, the INFOPASS has to be at the specific FO assigned to your case.

Thank you, Mom!

Hi,
I have looked through the spreadsheet and still wondering whether I should go through CP or AOS.
I am currently holding F1-OPT till next June and my CN is pretty low(Would be current in October based on historical record).

Will all CP Interviews be conducted in the Consulate overseas? I found there is an option in the DS-260 which allows us to select interview in the States.

My concern is that AOS process is going to be at least 4 months based on timeline information.

Thanks so much and I hope this is not a lame question or someone has asked the same before.

Hi,
I have looked through the spreadsheet and still wondering whether I should go through CP or AOS.
I am currently holding F1-OPT till next June and my CN is pretty low(Would be current in October based on historical record).

Will all CP Interviews be conducted in the Consulate overseas? I found there is an option in the DS-260 which allows us to select interview in the States.

My concern is that AOS process is going to be at least 4 months based on timeline information.

Thanks so much and I hope this is not a lame question or someone has asked the same before.

Yes, CP interviews are conducted at the applicable US embassy/consulate, that's why it's called 'Consular Processing'

Hi Sm1smom,

I was selected for DV2016. My case number is 2016EU00010560.
I have a few questions for you:

1. I am currently residing in USA. I came here with a tourist visa and presently a pending political asylum case. I have a SS and a work permit, so I am here legally, however, I overstayed me visa. I filled out my DS-260 at the end of May, 2015.
When will I get a 2NL?

2. I understand I need to adjust my status, but am I eilgible to do that? If yes, than when I do I apply for status adjustment before 2NL or after?

3. My husband and daughter are in Ukraine. My daughter turned 21 after I enter the DV lottery. Is she eligible as m derivitive still? What about my husband. I filled out the DS-260 for them as well at the end of May, 2015.

Million thank yous in advance

Hi Sm1smom,

1. I am currently residing in USA. I came here with a tourist visa and presently a pending political asylum case. I have a SS and a work permit, so I am here legally, however, I overstayed me visa. I filled out my DS-260 at the end of May, 2015.
When will I get a 2NL?

2. I understand I need to adjust my status, but am I eilgible to do that? If yes, than when I do I apply for status adjustment before 2NL or after?

3. My husband and daughter are in Ukraine. My daughter turned 21 after I enter the DV lottery. Is she eligible as m derivitive still? What about my husband. I filled out the DS-260 for them as well at the end of May, 2015.

I was about to answer this on my blog and my answer to point 1 in particular was to ask Mom. Wait a few hours for mom to answer.

For point 3, your daughter would have a grace period of 216 days after the 21 birthday, but if the case is not adjudicated by then, she will have aged out, which is probably the case considering the case number.

Hi Sm1smom,

When will I get a 2NL?

This doesn't sound like a straight forward case. By saying you overstayed your visa, that means your authorized stay expired before you applied for asylum? If yes, that makes you ineligible for AOS I'm afraid.

Unless you are applying for creation of record based on continuous residence since before January 1, 1972, or adjustment of status under a category in which special rules apply (such as 245(i) adjustment, asylum adjustment, Cuban adjustment, special immigrant juvenile adjustment, or special immigrant military personnel adjustment), you are not eligible for adjustment of status if any of the following apply to you:

1. Your authorized stay expired before you filed this application
    http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf (p.2)
I suggest you consult with a competent immigration attorney to explore your options.

Hello Mom,

How have you been and thank you for your depandability.

I want to be clear on one issue based on inquiries made by others on this forum. I understand that as AOSers, after we fill in DS 260, the subsequent steps to follow is as per the spreadsheat process. At what point do we have to contact USIC? When and for what reasons? My undesrtanding from the explanations so far is we only show up during the interview stage before the IO.. Mom we really need help. Thank you.