• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Okay. But did you try to find the first booking like I suggested though? Check to see if you can find it so that you can release one of the slots, which may become useful to someone else since you can't use both slots.
Yeah mom I understand that but I tried alot also using my first and last name and date of birth, it doesn't work. They have a new system.

Hi guys! I just got a letter for interview on September 27th. As you all know the fiscal year ends 3 days later and I am really stressed. My field office is NY and I just wanted to know how long it might take to get an approval. If anyone has had an experience with the NY office kindly let me know. Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Hi guys! I just got a letter for interview on September 27th. As you all know the fiscal year ends 3 days later and I am really stressed. My field office is NY and I just wanted to know how long it might take to get an approval. If anyone has had an experience with the NY office kindly let me know. Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Wow! Considering the fact that you sent in your AOS package back in December, did you ever follow up on your case with your FO at any point in time?

Yes, numerous people have gone through the NY FO. You can either go through the Thread to read of their experiences or check the Timelines spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it has taken the NY FO to issue an approval following the interview.

Yeah mom I understand that but I tried alot also using my first and last name and date of birth, it doesn't work. They have a new system.

Alright. Thanks for trying and for coming back to let us know that process no longer works.

Alright. Thanks for trying and for coming back to let us know that process no longer works.
I have a question here! If they send the interview letter or GC without interview, should I call them to cancel the infopass appointment I mean the first one which I booked???????

I have a question here! If they send the interview letter or GC without interview, should I call them to cancel the infopass appointment I mean the first one which I booked???????

I'm not certain they can do that on your behalf, but you may give them a call.

Wow! Considering the fact that you sent in your AOS package back in December, did you ever follow up on your case with your FO at any point in time?

Yes, numerous people have gone through the NY FO. You can either go through the Thread to read of their experiences or check the Timelines spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it has taken the NY FO to issue an approval following the interview.

I did follow up and constantly called but they kept telling me that it was pending and I had to wait. Finally last month out of frustration I called them again asking them to expedite the case after which I got a response saying that my case was pending scheduling and finally I got the letter yesterday. Now hopefully the interview goes well and they don't delay it any longer. Thank you so much for your response I'll surely check the timelines.

I did follow up and constantly called but they kept telling me that it was pending and I had to wait. Finally last month out of frustration I called them again asking them to expedite the case after which I got a response saying that my case was pending scheduling and finally I got the letter yesterday. Now hopefully the interview goes well and they don't delay it any longer. Thank you so much for your response I'll surely check the timelines.

You were calling the USCIS 1800 number but didn't visit your FO in person? If that's what you did, I wouldn't categorize that as having followed up on the case.

You follow up by going on INFOPASS appointments and if necessary asking your congressman/woman to also follow up with your FO on your behalf. Anyway, that's all water under the bridge now, and you're fortunate your FO finally has you scheduled for Sept 27th which is cutting it close.

I know people have posted out of frustration by saying going on an INFOPASS is useless which I completely disagree with with. If I was in your shoes, I would have been going at least once a month which will be my way of letting my FO put a face to my name and case file. A way of letting know know I'm not just another data or stat under their jurisdiction - most of those trips may be frustrating but totally worth it IMO!

Mom and Simon, and all who gave us advice on this forum,

Thank you so much for your help through this very difficult process! My wife and I received our green cards a week ago and we are super happy.

We followed all of your advice over lawyers and are so glad that we did so. Especially, at one point we panicked upon learning how long the AoS process seemed to take, and considered switching to CP. You reassured us that the FOs would start processing faster towards the end of the fiscal year, and you were absolutely right! We will add our timelines to the spreadsheet for your reference.

It is great that you guys help people from all over the world. This forum gives us a little hope in humanity :) Thank you, and best of luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for your help through this very difficult process! My wife and I received our green cards a week ago and we are super happy.

We followed all of your advice over lawyers and are so glad that we did so. Especially, at one point we panicked upon learning how long the AoS process seemed to take, and considered switching to CP. You reassured us that the FOs would start processing faster towards the end of the fiscal year, and you were absolutely right! We will add our timelines to the spreadsheet for your reference.

It is great that you guys help people from all over the world. This forum gives us a little hope in humanity :) Thank you, and best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

Hi Mom and all,

Thanks for keeping this thread going and providing extremely helpful information.

I have a question and would like to ask for your advice. I was lucky to have very low CN, and I sent out my application last November, and I went to interview in April in NY field office. However now my case is still pending now. During this time I have filed service request, I have went to infopass, and I have request the lawyers of my company to visit the field office but non of this works. All the effort done by myself received no response, and when lawyers went to the field office, the officer either refused to meet them using some excuses, or told the lawyer that I will receive news in a week, which never happens. There will be only a month left before the end of the fiscal year, what can I do now to push the officer to make the decision? I have thought about writing to congressmen and senators for help, and thought about filing law suit with USCIS. What else can I do? Please tell me your suggestions, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Hi Mom and all,

Thanks for keeping this thread going and providing extremely helpful information.

I have a question and would like to ask for your advice. I was lucky to have very low CN, and I sent out my application last November, and I went to interview in April in NY field office. However now my case is still pending now. During this time I have filed service request, I have went to infopass, and I have request the lawyers of my company to visit the field office but non of this works. All the effort done by myself received no response, and when lawyers went to the field office, the officer either refused to meet them using some excuses, or told the lawyer that I will receive news in a week, which never happens. There will be only a month left before the end of the fiscal year, what can I do now to push the officer to make the decision? I have thought about writing to congressmen and senators for help, and thought about filing law suit with USCIS. What else can I do? Please tell me your suggestions, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

You need to find out what is the hold up. What are they waiting for. For that you can get an infopass and go through the standard things (biometric, file from KCC, background check). Obviously you had your interview which normally doesn't happen until they have those things, but it may be that something is missing - most likely the background check (considering the length of time). Get the infopass booked asap.

Also - call USCIS and request an expedite on your case. They will want to have a "reason" for the expedite request - the reason is a "sunsetting" case - meaning it is time limited. It cannot be approved past September 30 (unlike normal cases). FYI, the expedite requests are sometimes ignored by the FO, even if USCIS agree to it.

Also - you should start a dialog with your Congress person. You might want to wait and see what they hold up is first.

Do not rely on your lawyer - they have little or no experience in DV cases and they have no skin in the game. You MUST take this into your own hands.

Thanks for your advice Britsimon. I will talk with the congress person soon and update my news here.

You need to find out what is the hold up. What are they waiting for. For that you can get an infopass and go through the standard things (biometric, file from KCC, background check). Obviously you had your interview which normally doesn't happen until they have those things, but it may be that something is missing - most likely the background check (considering the length of time). Get the infopass booked asap.

Also - call USCIS and request an expedite on your case. They will want to have a "reason" for the expedite request - the reason is a "sunsetting" case - meaning it is time limited. It cannot be approved past September 30 (unlike normal cases). FYI, the expedite requests are sometimes ignored by the FO, even if USCIS agree to it.

Also - you should start a dialog with your Congress person. You might want to wait and see what they hold up is first.

Do not rely on your lawyer - they have little or no experience in DV cases and they have no skin in the game. You MUST take this into your own hands.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new LPR status.

Hi Mom and all,

Forget about using a lawyer to follow up on your case, you'll need to do the leg yourself. And you can start by booking an INFOPASS right away for the next available open slot.

You should also contact KCC to confirm your KCC file already got sent to your FO, get them to tell you when it was requested and when it got sent. You may also initiate a congressional inquiry. When you go on the INFOPASS you'll need to ask about background check, ask if they've received your KCC file. If that's all in the affirmative, request to know what's causing the delay in getting a final decision.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated. I went for my interview on July 12th. The interview went great and the IO had all my paperwork that I had sent to Chicago and basically checked everything off. She told me that she was still waiting for the KCC to send me her file before I could be approved. I recently emailed the KCC and was told that my file had been requested by the FO on July 13th. That was exactly 4 weeks ago. If the FO had all my paperwork, what file do they need from the KCC? If my file was requested on July 13th, does that mean it was sent to the FO that day? My USCIS has not being updated since Feb 28th when I paid for my biometrics. Is this normal?

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated. I went for my interview on July 12th. The interview went great and the IO had all my paperwork that I had sent to Chicago and basically checked everything off. She told me that she was still waiting for the KCC to send me her file before I could be approved. I recently emailed the KCC and was told that my file had been requested by the FO on July 13th. That was exactly 4 weeks ago. If the FO had all my paperwork, what file do they need from the KCC? If my file was requested on July 13th, does that mean it was sent to the FO that day? My USCIS has not being updated since Feb 28th when I paid for my biometrics. Is this normal?

Read the 4 or 5 posts directly before yours. You need to book an infopass to move things along. They probably got the KCC file and need a nudge to action it - BUT you need to methodically go through everything else with them and make sure there is nothing else holding up the approval. If they have everything - politely but firmly ask when you can expect the approval.

Read the 4 or 5 posts directly before yours. You need to book an infopass to move things along. They probably got the KCC file and need a nudge to action it - BUT you need to methodically go through everything else with them and make sure there is nothing else holding up the approval. If they have everything - politely but firmly ask when you can expect the approval.
I just booked a InfoPass for 1:15pm on Monday. THANK YOU!!