• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Phone the congressman's office and ask to speak to the immigration liaison officer and they'll tell you what to do, I actually went through one of the Queens ones as well for assistance and they were very helpful.
Good idea. or, if you have time and it is not far away, you may want to drop by their office and explain your situation.

Hi Mom no news yet about my case, Is it a good idea to inquire from ombudsman office because in their web site it says they require 3 months and we have less than 3 months for our case? Is it a good idea to do the inquiry alone with senator inquiry

Hi Mom no news yet about my case, Is it a good idea to inquire from ombudsman office because in their web site it says they require 3 months and we have less than 3 months for our case? Is it a good idea to do the inquiry alone with senator inquiry

Yes, you may initiate an ombudsman inquiry if all other options have been exhausted, i.e. USCIS phone inquiries, INFOPASS appointments, congressional inquiry.

Hello Mom,

I am a winner of DV2016 and I live in US. When my number was up, I submitted my application of I765 and I485 at the same time.

Uscis received the documents on Feb 9, 2016, finger print fee was received. I got a NOA for the bio-metrics.

Bio-metrics done March 15, 2016. (To this day, I still have the same update on the site "On February 9, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC169*******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case." Some thing goes for my I485)

After 90 days of regular process time, I called and they did an inquiry with a referral number. It has been close to 5 months and still no update what so ever on EAD. Calling them does nothing as they only create anotther inquiry with no mails or email updates.

I am completely lost and exhausted at this point. NO idea what to do. People that I know got their EAD in less than 2 months and got their appointment for AOS in 4 months. 5 months passed, no EAD, no green card appointment. Any suggestions?

Hi,
FBI name checks are pending....
I filed case in Oct.
According to details from info pass, they requested FBI 27 Jan.
10 Jun according to KCC, USCIS requested my files.
28 Jun I went to 4th info pass and they answered "we actively processing your form i485 and we are aware that it's been delayed. However, USCIS records do indicate your form i485 is still pending mandatory security background checks. Once these checks are completed, your form will be adjudicated accordingly. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter".
When I asked - does it mean that after 1 Oct my case will be denied with FBI won't reply. They answered that it's not true and even DV case won't be denied... Which I didn't believe :)
The officer said that he will try to expedite request to FBI, which is hard to believe too.

Today received the IL!!!!! Didn't expect!

Could it mean that FBI check was completed?

But again the question:
there are 2 attached pages:
1. with list of checkboxes where only Photo ID and I-94 are checked. The Title of this page "requested documentation for adjustment of status interview"
2. page with title "please bring the documentation listed below to your interview" (form i72). And there is a list of
- copy of i458
- evidence of financial support
- evidence of required education
- i693
- G325A
- birth certificate

My question, should I get new medical exam? (it was submitted with original documents)
and G325A has been submitted as well...
Is this i72 just standard form they send to everyone? Or it depends on case?

Form my family it's extra cost 3 medical exams... not sure if we have to submit...

Hello Mom,

I am a winner of DV2016 and I live in US. When my number was up, I submitted my application of I765 and I485 at the same time.

Uscis received the documents on Feb 9, 2016, finger print fee was received. I got a NOA for the bio-metrics.

Bio-metrics done March 15, 2016. (To this day, I still have the same update on the site "On February 9, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC169*******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case." Some thing goes for my I485)

After 90 days of regular process time, I called and they did an inquiry with a referral number. It has been close to 5 months and still no update what so ever on EAD. Calling them does nothing as they only create anotther inquiry with no mails or email updates.

I am completely lost and exhausted at this point. NO idea what to do. People that I know got their EAD in less than 2 months and got their appointment for AOS in 4 months. 5 months passed, no EAD, no green card appointment. Any suggestions?

You can go on an INFOPASS visit to your FO to follow up on your I-485 petition itself - that's what really matters. While I agree the EAD card approval seem unusually long, that card even if it gets approved becomes useless after Sept 30th if the AOS petition isn't approved by then. You can also initiate a congressional inquiry for both the EAD card and interview letter.

Today received the IL!!!!! Didn't expect!

Could it mean that FBI check was completed?

But again the question:
there are 2 attached pages:
1. with list of checkboxes where only Photo ID and I-94 are checked. The Title of this page "requested documentation for adjustment of status interview"
2. page with title "please bring the documentation listed below to your interview" (form i72). And there is a list of
- copy of i458
- evidence of financial support
- evidence of required education
- i693
- G325A
- birth certificate

My question, should I get new medical exam? (it was submitted with original documents)
and G325A has been submitted as well...
Is this i72 just standard form they send to everyone? Or it depends on case?

Form my family it's extra cost 3 medical exams... not sure if we have to submit...

1. I don't want to speculate as to whether or not your background check has cleared, only your FO can indeed confirm that. So ask them at the end of your interview.

2. It's possible that could be a generic letter, hard to tell without seeing the actual letter though. How's the list on the 2nd page written? Is there a long list and those items you listed were marked as the ones applicable to you? Or are those the only items listed on it? Was your birth certificate included in the package you sent it? Did each person in your family receive an individual IL or only one was sent with everyone listed on it?

1. I don't want to speculate as to whether or not your background check has cleared, only your FO can indeed confirm that. So ask them at the end of your interview.

2. It's possible that could be a generic letter, hard to tell without seeing the actual letter though. How's the list on the 2nd page written? Is there a long list and those items you listed were marked as the ones applicable to you? Or are those the only items listed on it? Was your birth certificate included in the package you sent it? Did each person in your family receive an individual IL or only one was sent with everyone listed on it?

Each person in y family received IL (so 3 ILs).
Each IL has 2 attached pages the same for all 3 people in my family (link to photos of pages in dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hklm7thsypqvec2/AABkG9xmSLz9kgM-xveL7SjZa?dl=0 )
On 1st page there are only 2 item checked in a long list.
On 2nd page there are just a list which I mentioned before without an option to check, just bullets.

Looks like a generic DV based AOS list.
I understand that it's my call to go or not redo med exam... But really does it make sense to do that? Am I a paranoid doing another exam without clear notice to do that? What will happen if I don't redo and they ask about re-newed med on the interview?
The 30 Sep is so close and I'm so nervous ...

I understand that it's my call to go or not redo med exam... But really does it make sense to do that? Am I a paranoid doing another exam without clear notice to do that? What will happen if I don't redo and they ask about re-newed med on the interview?
The 30 Sep is so close and I'm so nervous ...

Yep, it's your call. However, what's tilting me on the side of 'not' is the fact that the 2nd page doesn't say anything about a 'new' medical exam. It is also asking for form G-325A which is part of what is used for the background checks, and you already included this form with your AOS package. Same with the birth certificate.

If indeed a new medical is required and it's not presented at the time of your interview, you will be given the opportunity to send that in. Of course that means the final decision may be delayed depending on how soon you're able to present a new medical report.

Anyway, it's your call at the end of the day.

I got my IL!!! So excited :)

One quick question: the letter requested that we bring the original i-693 in the sealed envelope from the doctor. We already sent this in our original package, do we need to get another medical done now?
_sair_, did you finally re-do medical exam before the interview? Thanks

Yep, it's your call. However, what's tilting me on the side of 'not' is the fact that the 2nd page doesn't say anything about a 'new' medical exam. It is also asking for form G-325A which is part of what is used for the background checks, and you already included this form with your AOS package. Same with the birth certificate.

If indeed a new medical is required and it's not presented at the time of your interview, you will be given the opportunity to send that in. Of course that means the final decision may be delayed depending on how soon you're able to present a new medical report.

Anyway, it's your call at the end of the day.
Mom, thank you for you support, it really makes me more confident in what I'm doing.

_sair_, did you finally re-do medical exam before the interview? Thanks
It had been more than 6 months since I had my medical exam when I received my interview letter. I didn't re-do the exam before the interview and didn't have any problems. Good luck!

Hello,

I got selected for DV 2016 and my case number was current in April 2016. I filed application for adjustment of status and it was received on March 5th at Lee Sumit, Missouri. I appeared on April 4th for biometrics and since then I haven’t heard back anything. Afraid of running out of time, I expedited the case, for which I didnt get any response. When I called NCSC, they told me that my case has been sent to Nebraska Service Center and I should followup there about my application status and expediting request. I sent Nebraska Service Center an email inquiry about 13 days ago but haven’t heard back from them yet. I booked an infopass and I got to speak with an immigration officer at the field office of Detroit yesterday. The immigration officer told me that my application had been transferred to Nebraska Service Center since there was a conflict because I had also applied for Temporary Protected Status Benefit last December which USCIS had offered for Nepalese Citizens after the devastating earthquake last year. The field office of Detroit has already filed for release of my information on June 13th, so that they could schedule an interview for me, but the request has not been completed yet by the Nebraska Service Center. Where as the field office have received the application file for my spouse (I filed for my spouse AOS with mine) and they are looking forward to schedule an interview for her. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do next? Should I withdraw my application for Temporary Protected Status, will that help to accelerate the process?

Thanks!

Hello,

I got selected for DV 2016 and my case number was current in April 2016. I filed application for adjustment of status and it was received on March 5th at Lee Sumit, Missouri. I appeared on April 4th for biometrics and since then I haven’t heard back anything. Afraid of running out of time, I expedited the case, for which I didnt get any response. When I called NCSC, they told me that my case has been sent to Nebraska Service Center and I should followup there about my application status and expediting request. I sent Nebraska Service Center an email inquiry about 13 days ago but haven’t heard back from them yet. I booked an infopass and I got to speak with an immigration officer at the field office of Detroit yesterday. The immigration officer told me that my application had been transferred to Nebraska Service Center since there was a conflict because I had also applied for Temporary Protected Status Benefit last December which USCIS had offered for Nepalese Citizens after the devastating earthquake last year. The field office of Detroit has already filed for release of my information on June 13th, so that they could schedule an interview for me, but the request has not been completed yet by the Nebraska Service Center. Where as the field office have received the application file for my spouse (I filed for my spouse AOS with mine) and they are looking forward to schedule an interview for her. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do next? Should I withdraw my application for Temporary Protected Status, will that help to accelerate the process?

Thanks!

Sorry, can't guide you on whether or not you need to withdraw your TPS petition - the guidance I'm able to provide is for strictly DV based AOS cases. You may need to speak with a competent attorney.

FYI - if you're the DV selectee, your spouse's application cannot be approved without yours being approved first since your spouse is a derivative.