• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi @beau and @Sm1smom , your comments are very very useful. Thank you so much.
Apparently my FO seems to be San Francisco, since Berkeley is in the Alameda County. What is the ASC column in the timelines spreadsheet? I'm adding a record on it related to my case.
I was reading that for Europe we should have enough GC available to cover the entire FY. However, I was wondering when would be useful to schedule an INFOPASS appointment to assure that everything would finish as soon as possible. My case is still in a normal processing time, but as said I'm not optimistic on the timeline according to the timelines of the people of this forum, so I'm just trying to figure it out how long wait before schedule an INFOPASS because I don't think that scheduling an appointment right now would make any difference

ASC = Application Support Center = The place assigned for the biometrics. For some, bio takes place in the FO too, for others bio is scheduled at ASC.

If you're pending 3 months plus, scheduling an INFOPASS

Good morning guys and @Sm1smom
Finally today I had my interview (San Francisco USCIS office)!! everything went well, the officer was very kind we went trough the I-485 form to check all the information and documents at the end he told that I should wait between 2-4weeks to receive the approval letter but I asked him if it was possible to received an answer right away he told me to wait outside for 20 min and after that he call me again telling me that my case was approve!!! I still cant believe that finally I finish the process since October 2015.
I have to thank the people and mom for the help and support that you gave me during the whole process, really thank you if not enough!!
Hoping that the rest of you also finish your process as soon as possible! Best wishes

and once again... THANK YOU

ASGA

F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! Congratulations!!

I feel so bad that everything is going well and done my interview successfully and then I have to wait for FBI name check :( I am so bored of waiting and afraid that will take so long until the fiscal is over .. Anyone has a similar experience

I feel so bad that everything is going well and done my interview successfully and then I have to wait for FBI name check :( I am so bored of waiting and afraid that will take so long until the fiscal is over .. Anyone has a similar experience
I saw somewhere USCIS can give conditional green card if the background check has not completed within 6 months pending name check

I saw somewhere USCIS can give conditional green card if the background check has not completed within 6 months pending name check

Even if that is the case it won't happen for DV - though I've never heard of it, a source would be useful?
(The only conditional green cards I've heard of are some marriage and investment based ones, and those conditions are related to the reason for granting the card rather than checks being completed.) I stand to be corrected?

Even if that is the case it won't happen for DV - though I've never heard of it, a source would be useful?
(The only conditional green cards I've heard of are some marriage and investment based ones, and those conditions are related to the reason for granting the card rather than checks being completed.) I stand to be corrected?
I saw it somewhere but maybe I m not correct then.

Hello,
I need to make the DV fee payment to Chicago office, I moved from TX to NY, I already updated my address in DS260. now I am confused that Should I put my old address (TX) that is in selection letter (DV winner letter) or my current address that I updated in ds260 ( NY address) while filling the form.
it would be the great help since I was going to do it today. thank you.

A conditional Diversity program green card without completed background checks. I know that you mean well, but this very much is wishful thinking. If USCIS wanted to kill the DV program through US public opinion, this is exactly what they ought to do...:eek:

Hi mom,

I have a question. Today I called USCIS and they told me there are some not completed I-485 applications from February 2015. But I explained them that we should get the GC before September 2016, as it is a DV case. So what would happen, if my BC results would not release till September 2016?

And one more question please,

How can I pursued the officer at INFOPASS to expedite my processe?
Bascially, do they have any authority to speedup the BC process? If yes, how can I ask them? Now it is for 5 month that we did our biometrics and our case is still pending, and their rsponse is same: " it is in process ".

Thanks a lot.

And one more question please,

How can I pursued the officer at INFOPASS to expedite my processe?
Bascially, do they have any authority to speedup the BC process? If yes, how can I ask them? Now it is for 5 month that we did our biometrics and our case is still pending, and their rsponse is same: " it is in process ".

Thanks a lot.

Do you know for sure that your case is pending background check clearance? Is that what they specifically told you? If that's not the case, it looks like your FO is just backlogged and you'll get your IL letter eventually.

I couldn't find you in the spreadsheet. When did you file?

Do you know for sure that your case is pending background check clearance? Is that what they specifically told you? If that's not the case, it looks like your FO is just backlogged and you'll get your IL letter eventually.

I couldn't find you in the spreadsheet. When did you file?
Yes, actually we ( my wife and me) did our fingerprints on October 2015. After that, we had an interview on January 6, 2016. So at the interview, the officer told us everything is clear except the BC results (name check). Even he told us that he wondered why it took time so much. So, now it is near 5 months that we did our fingerprints and our case is still pending.
So I was wondering if youcould help us by telling us what should we do right now at this postiin.
Thanks

Yes, actually we ( my wife and me) did our fingerprints on October 2015. After that, we had an interview on January 6, 2016. So at the interview, the officer told us everything is clear except the BC results (name check). Even he told us that he wondered why it took time so much. So, now it is near 5 months that we did our fingerprints and our case is still pending.
So I was wondering if youcould help us by telling us what should we do right now at this postiin.
Thanks

Oh you've already passed the interview phase! Sorry for the confusion.
I'm sorry to hear that, it must be hard to wait with such worry. Mom would know better but maybe your security clearance is complete but just waiting to be assigned to an officer for approval?

If you haven't already done so, I'd definitely make an InfoPass appointment to at least check in. If your BC is completed and your file is collecting dust because it hasn't been assigned to an officer for approval. It may help!

In any case, good luck to you and your wife!!!

I told you before, you're on AP. And yes, there have been cases of DV based AOSers who ended up on AP just like you - check some of the past AOS threads if you want to know about those cases. They ended up being approved though, but of course it took some time, series of INFOPASS appointments and requesting assistance from their congress person to follow up with the USCIS before those cases finally got approved.

Oh you've already passed the interview phase! Sorry for the confusion.
I'm sorry to hear that, it must be hard to wait with such worry. Mom would know better but maybe your security clearance is complete but just waiting to be assigned to an officer for approval?

If you haven't already done so, I'd definitely make an InfoPass appointment to at least check in. If your BC is completed and your file is collecting dust because it hasn't been assigned to an officer for approval. It may help!

In any case, good luck to you and your wife!!!
Dear Mom,

I appreciate your warm response. So I should mention that we made an INDOPASS one month ago, but they told us it is in process. Although we asked them about the reason (to find out is it regarded to BC results or BC results are released), they didn't tell us anything, except saying it is in process and normal.
So when I asked her (@ infopass) to expedites the process, she told me you can write a letter to the officer who did our interview. And I don't know how should I write such letter.

Would you please help me more?
Thanks a lot

Hello,
I need to make the DV fee payment to Chicago office, I moved from TX to NY, I already updated my address in DS260. now I am confused that Should I put my old address (TX) that is in selection letter (DV winner letter) or my current address that I updated in ds260 ( NY address) while filling the form.
it would be the great help since I was going to do it today. thank you.

Use your present/current address. The address on the selectee NL is irrelevant.

@Sm1smom - Does entering the DV lottery in previous years (before started living in the US on a NIV) show any immigrant intent? I read in one of the posts somewhere that the officer asked the applicant how many times they tried the lottery. Maybe that was just a casual question but wanted to ask you.

Hi mom,

I have a question. Today I called USCIS and they told me there are some not completed I-485 applications from February 2015. But I explained them that we should get the GC before September 2016, as it is a DV case. So what would happen, if my BC results would not release till September 2016?

Calling USCIS regarding processing time will always result in them giving a general response which is not applicable to the DV process. The people answering the calls are not IO, they're customer service reps with limited to no knowledge of the immigration process except for the scripts they're given to read out in response.

Now, to answer your question, if you end up not clearing the background check by the close of business on Sept. 30th, 2016, that unfortunately will mean the end of the process. The GC will not be approved after that. Right now, you just have to keep your fingers crossed, be positive and hope they complete the check on time.