• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

What was the % of numbers that never got current last year?

I'm not that convinced it is a big deal (other than to the affected people, but past 6 months after selection date I can't be too sympathetic for late submissions tbh) ... 2% of 125k is 2.5k - I'd guess that's well within the error margin that is the reason KCC over-selects to begin with?

Well yeah, but that is the point. In the scenario (IF it did happen) there would obviously be enough "spare" selectees, but the CNs would have to go higher I.e. It would change the cut offs.

At the other extreme - if they catch up with processing tomorrow, would the progression stop until the Consulates clear the backlog of current cases? At that point the progression would depend on the capacity of the Consulates.
If they are behind on visas issued now (which I don't know if they are) and the consular capacity is limited (i.e. Nepal), is that a possibility they will not be able to issue the intended number of visas for the region unless they limit some countries?

They do appear to be "behind" in visas issued, and yes, they have had to compensate and adjust in the VBs already. We will see more in a couple of weeks.

2NL notifications are dispatched as we speak :)
CN AS26XX (Current in November)
DS-submitted on Aug. 2, 2014
Forms finished processing on Dec. 3, 2014.
2NL received January 23, 2015
This whole process took 25 weeks - almost 6 months (this might entitle me for "Mr. Longest DS-260 processing" title lol )

Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
Dallas ..? ...Dulles?
I haven't heard the second one. Thanks anyway.

"Dulles" is pronounced very similar to Dallas... That can be the only explanation for thinking Dallas, because there must be about a thousand airports closer to Maryland than Dallas, Texas!

"Dulles" is pronounced very similar to Dallas... That can be the only explanation for thinking Dallas, because there must be about a thousand airports closer to Maryland than Dallas, Texas!

Very true. Many many thousands. Out of all the airports in the world, one third of them are in the USA (CIA factoid from 2009).

This whole process took 25 weeks - almost 6 months (this might entitle me for "Mr. Longest DS-260 processing" title lol )

congratulations Sammy

KCC don't want that form. Paris may - but since you do not have your 2NL yet the Paris embassy have no idea who you are.

Because of the late submission of your DS260 you have been delayed, however, I fully expect late August DS260s to have been completed by now, which means you will get your 2NL in about 2 weeks time (March interview).

Hi ! Some news on my case.

As you said, the Paris embassy confirmed the uselessness (?) of the DS-2001 form.
I have received my interview date : early March !!! :)

Kudos to you Britsimon !

Hi ! Some news on my case.

As you said, the Paris embassy confirmed the uselessness (?) of the DS-2001 form.
I have received my interview date : early March !!! :)

Kudos to you Britsimon !

Awesome. The Paris embassy will be getting your details of course for the March interview, so they will now know about you!

Dear all
Finally got my 2nd letter today
Case no. 2015as10xx
Ds-260submitted:mid Aug.
2nd letter received : 23 Jan.(after 5months)
Interview date: last week of March

By the way KCC has changed embassy for interview of most of our friends in our Persian forum.

Dear all
Finally got my 2nd letter today
Case no. 2015as10xx
Ds-260submitted:mid Aug.
2nd letter received : 23 Jan.(after 5months)
Interview date: last week of March

By the way KCC has changed embassy for interview of most of our friends in our Persian forum.

Tell me more about the embassy change - that could be very significant for AS region if it has a positive effect on AP. What was the change and why did it happen?

That is good news. Good luck for the interview Sammy