• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

To Bristsimon
To Susie, Sm1smon and to all the participants of this forum I really thank you for your time that you took to reply to our different question during this long journey. Todays I would like to tell you that we have ours visas (my wife the baby and me) and we are now planing to travel to usa (Chicago).
To those still fighting for theirs I would like to tell you that the importants things to do is to follow the forum and also to be carefull with instruction of your embassy where you will be atteding your interview.

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Congratulations. May God help you in your relocation.

Hello dear friends,
On Nov 24 I was notified by KCC that my appointment was scheduled on Jan 06, 2015 at Johannesburg Consulate. Few days later, I noticed that I would not be able to attend interview in J'burg, South Africa.I am from Uganda and I was residing in Botswana.Given my situation, I can not be able to travel to South Africa.
Therefore, on Dec 08, I Emailed J'burg to request that my interview be transferred to Nairobi, Kenya since Ugandan DV cases are processed there.
The J'burg consulate forwarded my request to Nairobi.
On Dec 09, I contacted Nairobi about updates about the transfer, and Nairobi told me that they contacted J'burg to send my file.After that I also contacted J'burg to request them to forward my file to Nairobi, but I was replied that my file was not sent to them( J'burg) electronically and that I will have to wait till they receive it.
Then, I also contacted KCC to request why my file was not sent or when it will be sent.Kcc replied that all my inquiries should be directed to J'burg where I was scheduled.
From Dec 18, I keep asking updates about the transfer on both embassies but J'burg is not answering my emails, only Nairobi they keep telling me that they are waiting for J'BURG to send My file.

*Does anyone can explain me if KCC says that the file was forwarded, but the embassy says that the file was not electronically sent to them?
*Does anyone knows about this kind of transfering DV cases from embassy to embassy?
*J'burg is not responding my emails, does it mean my request was revoked.How can it be possible that the embassy does not have my file when my original appointment is less than 7 days?
*KCC has already scheduled February appointments, Suppose if my transfer is completed in January, will I have priority in rescheduling my interview, or will I have a Feb appointment?

You will excuse me my questions are long, but try to help me out!
Our moderators , please your advice is very crucial at this point.
God Bless you ALL.

Would it be advisable to have one's full CV at your visa interview ? As the DS-260 only lists your employment for the last 10 years. I think there has been one post where a person was put on AP and they had to deliver their CV to the consulate.

Would it be advisable to have one's full CV at your visa interview ? As the DS-260 only lists your employment for the last 10 years. I think there has been one post where a person was put on AP and they had to deliver their CV to the consulate.
If you have your work experience certificates at hand (not cv), it will be good to have it as you go for your interview, even those older than 10 years. It will help you prove that you won't be a public charge.

Hello dear friends,
On Nov 24 I was notified by KCC that my appointment was scheduled on Jan 06, 2015 at Johannesburg Consulate. Few days later, I noticed that I would not be able to attend interview in J'burg, South Africa.I am from Uganda and I was residing in Botswana.Given my situation, I can not be able to travel to South Africa.
Therefore, on Dec 08, I Emailed J'burg to request that my interview be transferred to Nairobi, Kenya since Ugandan DV cases are processed there.
The J'burg consulate forwarded my request to Nairobi.
On Dec 09, I contacted Nairobi about updates about the transfer, and Nairobi told me that they contacted J'burg to send my file.After that I also contacted J'burg to request them to forward my file to Nairobi, but I was replied that my file was not sent to them( J'burg) electronically and that I will have to wait till they receive it.
Then, I also contacted KCC to request why my file was not sent or when it will be sent.Kcc replied that all my inquiries should be directed to J'burg where I was scheduled.
From Dec 18, I keep asking updates about the transfer on both embassies but J'burg is not answering my emails, only Nairobi they keep telling me that they are waiting for J'BURG to send My file.

*Does anyone can explain me if KCC says that the file was forwarded, but the embassy says that the file was not electronically sent to them?
*Does anyone knows about this kind of transfering DV cases from embassy to embassy?
*J'burg is not responding my emails, does it mean my request was revoked.How can it be possible that the embassy does not have my file when my original appointment is less than 7 days?
*KCC has already scheduled February appointments, Suppose if my transfer is completed in January, will I have priority in rescheduling my interview, or will I have a Feb appointment?

You will excuse me my questions are long, but try to help me out!
Our moderators , please your advice is very crucial at this point.
God Bless you ALL.

Why couldn't you get a visa for SA? I am guessing you did not realise that people residing in Botswana are among those scheduled for Jhb?
In response to your questions...
I can't say for certain but I can speculate:
I had my interview in Jhb and there was some time period between when KCC said they sent the file, and Jhb received it - it wasn't an urgent matter for me so I didn't really keep track of the timing though. Maybe this means that KCC are still sending hard copy files to some consulates?
Also I am sorry to tell you that you will not have priority at all but will probably go further back in line. KCC will not be involved in scheduling your appointment at all from now - it will be up to Nairobi and when they can fit you in. KCC scheduled initial appointments but after that has nothing more to do with the cases and any further issues including rescheduling are up to the embassy or embassies that you are dealing with. So nairobi must wait for Jhb and then you must wait for nairobi. People requesting transfers of interviews in the past have often had to wait for a few months I'm afraid :( Maybe you will be lucky and Nairobi will have a slot available sooner...
By the way I never had an issue with Jhb returning emails - sometimes a delay of a couple of days - but it is the midst of the main holiday season in SA at the moment and they may well be running on skeleton staff. It may be more fruitful for you to call the consulate and speak to someone there.

Why couldn't you get a visa for SA? I am guessing you did not realise that people residing in Botswana are among those scheduled for Jhb?
In response to your questions...
I can't say for certain but I can speculate:
I had my interview in Jhb and there was some time period between when KCC said they sent the file, and Jhb received it - it wasn't an urgent matter for me so I didn't really keep track of the timing though. Maybe this means that KCC are still sending hard copy files to some consulates?
Also I am sorry to tell you that you will not have priority at all but will probably go further back in line. KCC will not be involved in scheduling your appointment at all from now - it will be up to Nairobi and when they can fit you in. KCC scheduled initial appointments but after that has nothing more to do with the cases and any further issues including rescheduling are up to the embassy or embassies that you are dealing with. So nairobi must wait for Jhb and then you must wait for nairobi. People requesting transfers of interviews in the past have often had to wait for a few months I'm afraid :( Maybe you will be lucky and Nairobi will have a slot available sooner...
By the way I never had an issue with Jhb returning emails - sometimes a delay of a couple of days - but it is the midst of the main holiday season in SA at the moment and they may well be running on skeleton staff. It may be more fruitful for you to call the consulate and speak to someone there.

Thank you Susie! My visa application to S.A was rejected.I have already moved to Uganda.Suppose they transfer my case in Jan, how many months should I wait to be rescheduled?A friend told me that in Nairobi, cases that missed their original appointments are closed after June! May God help me.

Thank you Susie! My visa application to S.A was rejected.I have already moved to Uganda.Suppose they transfer my case in Jan, how many months should I wait to be rescheduled?A friend told me that in Nairobi, cases that missed their original appointments are closed after June! May God help me.

Sorry about the visa refusal. I do not know how long Nairobi might take to reschedule but as it is early in the FY I don't think you need to worry about missing the appointment entirely, even if it is later than you would like.