• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Sussi,better not to do marriage n divorce till the interview date n she will not attending the interview so i filled the ds form that wife n son will joining me at latter date.is that ok ?may be interview eill be in march

By all means divorce your wife, that won't be a problem. But to have a divorce followed by a very quick new marriage...it will (in my opinion) be the new marriage that will look strange. How will you be able to prove to them it is a bona fide marriage and not a green card one?

So if i do divorce then in inteview will it be ok? So better when i get visa will go alone in usa then getting green card i shalll come back to my country n do marry is it ok?

Thank you for answering my Q, but based on what? Do you mean the medical exam panel will check me again?!
They will check you, and give you shots, even if you have full records.
Like uncle franky said, it depends on you location, for some extra shots.
And don't worry about medicals its a piece of cake :D

Based on your age and country of origin, they will decide which vaccines you need and vaccinate you on the spot. Plenty of people all around the world attend their medicals with no records. Don't worry about it.
hello, I think that would be crazy thing to do hahaha imagine vaccinating me for 12 kind on spot. I would die man!

what if I bring a paper from my embassy states that I took required vaccines! but of course not influenza ones :) would this give credit?

In ds form there is my wife name n son name.if i divorce is it ok or till my interview not to do divorce n in interview, they will follow me latter then do divorce is it ok?

In ds form there is my wife name n son name.if i divorce is it ok or till my interview not to do divorce n in interview, they will follow me latter then do divorce is it ok?

Divorce is not a problem. Don't say they will follow you later if they won't.
The problem is the potential for a green card marriage. It seems strange to have another wife lined up when you haven't even divorced the first one yet. It looks suspicious. Very suspicious.
It will look even more suspicious if you say on your form that your current wife will follow you later, then not too much time later you apply for a different wife... And yes, they will check. Your DS260 will go into your USCIS file and any time down the line, ever, that you do anything like sponsor someone for a green card, they will take it out and look at it.

hello, I think that would be crazy thing to do hahaha imagine vaccinating me for 12 kind on spot. I would die man!

The vaccines are mixed together so you would not have to get 12 of them. You can get 6 diseases covered in 2 shots for example (this is what I received). Like I said, most of the vaccines are age restricted so most people over 20 get 3 shots tops.

Easy peasy. Nothing to worry.

Thank you very much for your reply.again in ds form i mentioned they will follow me latter date .so, will it be better get divorce. Not marrying this time, when i get dv visa i will go alone to usa and after getting green card come back to my country n will do marriage is it ok?what will happen in ds -260 form where i mentioned my wife n son name n filled they will follow me latter if i get divorced.

Thank you very much for your reply.again in ds form i mentioned they will follow me latter date .so, will it be better get divorce. Not marrying this time, when i get dv visa i will go alone to usa and after getting green card come back to my country n will do marriage is it ok?what will happen in ds -260 form where i mentioned my wife n son name n filled they will follow me latter if i get divorced.

When you go to the interview just clarify with the interviewing officer what the situation is at the time. S/he will then update the form before you sign it.

Even if you go back home to marry someone after you will still face scrutiny as to whether or not the marriage is genuine.

The vaccines are mixed together so you would not have to get 12 of them. You can get 6 diseases covered in 2 shots for example (this is what I received). Like I said, most of the vaccines are age restricted so most people over 20 get 3 shots tops.

Easy peasy. Nothing to worry.
thank you Franko. I will try to find some other solution!

So, no need to correct ds 260 form ?just go to embassay n will they correct it? But second marriage will be very genuine after getting visa comming back to marry but for my new wife i have to fill i -130 form n to get visa for wife how long time will i hav e to wait i heard it will take upto 2 years.is that much time taken ?

thank you Franko. I will try to find some other solution!

Is there a reason that you do not wish to get vaccinated? o_O

You do realize that this is very important and can get you disqualified?
Unfortunately there is no other way around this. You have to attend your medicals and meet the vaccination requirements. Either by having translated and certified vaccination records or getting vaccinated at the time of your doctors appointment.

Unfortunately there is no other way around this. You have to attend your medicals and meet the vaccination requirements. Either by having translated and certified vaccination records or getting vaccinated at the time of your doctors appointment.
hahah I'm just hypochondriac :) and I don't want to suffer 5% of the symptoms especially from influenza ones!! this is the last thing I need now :) I'm already stressed and just find it nonsense to get vaccinated again! anyway, thank you for your help.

Just to briefly add that in our home country the panel doctors for the US consulate do not vaccinate, yet only check that all required vaccinations are already in place. Hence, if someone would show up without required documentation, they would simply ask the person to come back once everything is completed, which may be well be several weeks after, as some vaccinations require several shots with defined time in between if you start from scratch. It therefore may be a good idea for Nahar to contact the doctor performing medicals for the specific US consulate in question and to confirm all necessary details in this respect.

Now that you've clearly laid your cards on the table, I agree with the others and think option 2 is your best bet. Submit your DS-260 form now, wait for your interview and when you move over to the US, do the exam. Being from Syria, the possibility of being sent over for secondarily inspection is rather high and you certainly don't want to open any unnecessarily can of worms. Focus on your DV selection and see it to a successful completion.
I would like also know if refugee status scan have negative impact in the process because we are having refugee status here in south Sudan , do we need to explain it during the interview ?

And how do we know that they have receive our application, Is it only the confirmation page that show that they have receive?
I would like also to know if we need police record from home plus the one of sout sudan?

Last edited:
So, no need to correct ds 260 form ?just go to embassay n will they correct it? But second marriage will be very genuine after getting visa comming back to marry but for my new wife i have to fill i -130 form n to get visa for wife how long time will i hav e to wait i heard it will take upto 2 years.is that much time taken ?

Yes. If you have already got a divorce before the interview, then you should correct it, otherwise I would leave it.
Re the new wife, yes and clearly you will also already need to be earning enough to file the I130 for her.
If you can prove the marriage is genuine then go ahead and do it before the interview because that will be easier in terms of the visa. All I am trying to say is, from someone outside the situation it all looks very suspicious in the timing, and they will need a lot of proof that the relationship is genuine, whether you do it at interview or just after you get your green card. I don't want to know all the details, but you are somehow going to have to come up with proof of a long standing genuine relationship while you have had a different wife. I just elaborate on this, not because I want to know the details (I don't) but to make you understand why I think it looks suspicious, and why you may find it hard to prove to a consular officer.

hahah I'm just hypochondriac :) and I don't want to suffer 5% of the symptoms especially from influenza ones!! this is the last thing I need now :) I'm already stressed and just find it nonsense to get vaccinated again! anyway, thank you for your help.

As franko says, this can get you refused a visa. Only you can decide if a tiny chance of mild flu after the doctor appointment is worth losing the opportunity of a green card for.