• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Yess. Amazing feeling. He just called me and my family, asked me to raise my hand and swear that everything is true and told me that the visas are approved.
When I told him to change the delivery addresses of GC-s, he replied that he already closed the forms and I need to contact USCIS.

So, I need now somehow to change the delivery address of my GC-s.
As I've read in other threads, this can be done at the PoE or by contacting USCIS.

Which way is better?

Yess. Amazing feeling. He just called me and my family, asked me to raise my hand and swear that everything is true and told me that the visas are approved.
When I told him to change the delivery addresses of GC-s, he replied that he already closed the forms and I need to contact USCIS.

So, I need now somehow to change the delivery address of my GC-s.
As I've read in other threads, this can be done at the PoE or by contacting USCIS.

Which way is better?

POE.

Another brief question if I may.
The friends address I have given is in Indianapolis. However I am moving to New York. Do I need to go to Indianapolis initially to set up social security card? Or can I just do that at a social security office in NYC?
Thanks,
Annanz

Yippee... Approved
Today, we had our interview in Skopje, Macedonia. The CO told us you're approved and gave us a white paper with USA flag to go back on Tuesday to send the passports at 11 and pick them up with visas at 4:30. Later I will post more details from the interview.

Another brief question if I may.
The friends address I have given is in Indianapolis. However I am moving to New York. Do I need to go to Indianapolis initially to set up social security card? Or can I just do that at a social security office in NYC?
Thanks,
Annanz

You shouldn't have to go anywhere - if you ticked the box on t he DS260 it should just arrive.
If it doesn't, go where you will be living to sort it out.

Yippee... Approved
Today, we had our interview in Skopje, Macedonia. The CO told us you're approved and gave us a white paper with USA flag to go back on Tuesday to send the passports at 11 and pick them up with visas at 4:30. Later I will post more details from the interview.

Congratulations !

Hi Guys,

Finally, I've calmed down enough to sit down and write my experience at the US embassy in Skopje.

Our experience was similar to others in that embassy. We were scheduled for 8 am on the 10-th of august. Since we live in a neighboring country, we woke up at 5am and left at 5:40 (there was a family from a city that was further away and they woke up at 3am. We got there round 30 minutes early to find parking as the embassy has none available for visitors like ourselves. As @GorMac described on his earlier post, there are free spots along the road that leads up to it. There wasn't a big crowd waiting to get in that morning (around 20 - including us). When the time came they started calling out names, we were third to be called up. It was interesting that there were far more candidates from my country (Kosovo) then from the country where the embassy is.

Once they call you you enter the security check point where you pass through a metal detector. You are also required to leave most of your things there including cell phones (I forgot my i-pad on my bag, so I had to leave that too. After that we went to another building where the whole process takes place. We were again greeted by security personnel and once it was our turn, our documents were properly checked and ordered by a person who's sole job was that. Just in case, I brought a lot of extra documents (better to be over prepared than under prepared), but he only kept the documents that were on his checklist. Photos were up to date and we had a copy of everyone's passport. They only took one photo. After our documents were sorted, they handed us the documents and we were asked to wait until our name is called up. There are two rows of seats facing each other.

Next we were called up to bring all our docs to booth no.9, where local personnel (albanian speaking guy) made sure we fulfilled all the requirements going through a checklist. We had an affidavit and proof of funds, but he only kept the AoS. It's recommended to have one though not compulsory, in that case however I guess it's up to the CO to decide if you're a risk or not. Next they ask you to pay the fee, 330 USD per person which we paid in cash, with dollars. Be aware that the payment is done with dollars and denars only (no euros). One couple had only euros, so they told him he needs dollars or denars in order to proceed. He left the embassy, took a cab to go downtown to a bank, exchanged the euros to dollars and came back (between 45 min and 1 hour), so he was left last to check the docs and have the interview. After that they took our prints and then we waited to be called up by the CO.

The interview itself was casual. Since my wife was the principal applicant, the CO asked my wife if she speaks english. She said so-so, so he called up an interpreter. I told him that I speak english very good, but he didn't want for me to translate. After being sworn in, they asked her a couple of questions. Why did you go to England and sh responded. was this the first marriage for both of you and what's her relationship to the person in Florida where we intend to go. He looked through the documents and said it looks like everything is Ok and you're approved. I had to ask again to make sure. Since we are from a different country and when we leave the embassy we have to go through customs to go home, he said to us to bring all the passports on Tuesday at 11 am and pick up your passports with visas 4:30 pm. We barely contained ourselves and after thanking him we walked out with a slip that has the US flag on it and that gives instructions when to come get your passports. And that's about it. We were done and out by 10:10.
A big thanks to everyone on this forum who helped with their suggestions and their experiences, especially to BritSimon, SusieQQQ and Sm1sMom, who guided us through this stressful year (for me it was 16 stressful months since the day we found out we were selected).

Hi Guys,

Finally, I've calmed down enough to sit down and write my experience at the US embassy in Skopje.

Our experience was similar to others in that embassy. We were scheduled for 8 am on the 10-th of august. Since we live in a neighboring country, we woke up at 5am and left at 5:40 (there was a family from a city that was further away and they woke up at 3am. We got there round 30 minutes early to find parking as the embassy has none available for visitors like ourselves. As @GorMac described on his earlier post, there are free spots along the road that leads up to it. There wasn't a big crowd waiting to get in that morning (around 20 - including us). When the time came they started calling out names, we were third to be called up. It was interesting that there were far more candidates from my country (Kosovo) then from the country where the embassy is.

Once they call you you enter the security check point where you pass through a metal detector. You are also required to leave most of your things there including cell phones (I forgot my i-pad on my bag, so I had to leave that too. After that we went to another building where the whole process takes place. We were again greeted by security personnel and once it was our turn, our documents were properly checked and ordered by a person who's sole job was that. Just in case, I brought a lot of extra documents (better to be over prepared than under prepared), but he only kept the documents that were on his checklist. Photos were up to date and we had a copy of everyone's passport. They only took one photo. After our documents were sorted, they handed us the documents and we were asked to wait until our name is called up. There are two rows of seats facing each other.

Next we were called up to bring all our docs to booth no.9, where local personnel (albanian speaking guy) made sure we fulfilled all the requirements going through a checklist. We had an affidavit and proof of funds, but he only kept the AoS. It's recommended to have one though not compulsory, in that case however I guess it's up to the CO to decide if you're a risk or not. Next they ask you to pay the fee, 330 USD per person which we paid in cash, with dollars. Be aware that the payment is done with dollars and denars only (no euros). One couple had only euros, so they told him he needs dollars or denars in order to proceed. He left the embassy, took a cab to go downtown to a bank, exchanged the euros to dollars and came back (between 45 min and 1 hour), so he was left last to check the docs and have the interview. After that they took our prints and then we waited to be called up by the CO.

The interview itself was casual. Since my wife was the principal applicant, the CO asked my wife if she speaks english. She said so-so, so he called up an interpreter. I told him that I speak english very good, but he didn't want for me to translate. After being sworn in, they asked her a couple of questions. Why did you go to England and sh responded. was this the first marriage for both of you and what's her relationship to the person in Florida where we intend to go. He looked through the documents and said it looks like everything is Ok and you're approved. I had to ask again to make sure. Since we are from a different country and when we leave the embassy we have to go through customs to go home, he said to us to bring all the passports on Tuesday at 11 am and pick up your passports with visas 4:30 pm. We barely contained ourselves and after thanking him we walked out with a slip that has the US flag on it and that gives instructions when to come get your passports. And that's about it. We were done and out by 10:10.
A big thanks to everyone on this forum who helped with their suggestions and their experiences, especially to BritSimon, SusieQQQ and Sm1sMom, who guided us through this stressful year (for me it was 16 stressful months since the day we found out we were selected).

Congratulations!

Co
Hi Guys,

Congratulations brother !

Can you describe a precise list of the documents which you have presented to the embassy. Which of them you have been translated into English. It would be a great help as well that I am from Kosovo and my interview will be in Skopje.
I am the principal applicant and I have a wife and to children.

Best regards,
Alban

Yippee... Approved

Congratulations :)

Yippee... Approved
Congratulations! Amazing feeling :)

Finally! Today we had our interview in Ankara, Turkey.

So interesting..., I was preparing for this interview so carefully, gathered all of the documents, diplomas, translations. And none of this was needed. No questions were asked about my prearranged employment, no questions about my diplomas, nothing of what I could think of.

After the oath the officer asked me: "Who are you married to now?" I looked at the officer for a moment, then I looked at my husband and pointed on him saying: "Here he is". The officer asked again: "Who are you married to?" I told him my husbands name, he smiled and asked another question: "Are you going to divorce after you come to the United States?" I said: "No, we are very happy together." And that was it. He gave us a paper with the statement: "Congratulations! Your visa application is approved!"
I couldn't believe it.
We walked out of the room, and just when we were about to exit the security room, the policeman told us to go back to the window number 9. For a moment I thought that the Earth is moving under my feet, and my heart is beating somewhere in my stomach... We went back. There the officer asked for my old passport with old B1 visa. He stamped it smiled and said: "you can go now".

I don't remember how we walked out of the building.
When we crossed the street my husband said that he needs to rest for a sec. He sat down on the sidewalk, and I saw that he was all white. Then we cried with happy tears, hugged and walked to our hotel.

Now we are back in Antalya, I have checked the CEAC status and it says AP. I remember Ananz had such an experience and it changed to ISSUED in 2 days. So I guess I just need to wait.

And I also tried to log into the www.usvisa-info.com website in order to find my SWB (shipment waybill), but it says that the passport number, date of birth or nationality is invalid, I tried clicking "forgot your password" - it says that my e-mail does not exist in the system. They have updated the website 2 days ago, and now the whole log in process is different.
Have anyone had such an issue?