• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Thanks for those who tried to help my simple questions which I thought realy big problems for our case .
Thanks to this forum .Thanks to @SusieQQQ , @Flori_ALB_NY @Sm1smom
...And finally thanks for @Britsimon for your ideas , aswers , and your big big big big efforts..

We , 5 family members were at the embassy yesterday at 7:30
I have already prepared the documents which they wanted by mail and I also took some documents maybe requires during the interview.
The embassy was so crowded .Most off all were Iranian immigrants.
I got two small kids aged 4 & 7 started to play with the toys that the embassy placed for them.:)
They firstly checked the passports and the applicants then gave us number 0001 .
When we called first we gave the documents they wanted to bring to the interview.
At the second call we al gave the finger prints. But at that time there was something went wrong then my husband gave this finger print several times. They asked if we have new original copy of criminal report .( We have already send them before ). Ohh God . I was well prepared . I gave the document they wanted.
They told us to sit and they will try to restart their fingerprint system.
At the 3th call my husband paid te fee .
Then the loooooonnnnggg waiting process started. I thing that waiting time was such a year long for me.
Finally they called for the last time . The interview started.
The CO said hello to all of us with smiling face. Then started to take my husbands finger prints again .:confused::confused::eek::eek:
The CO tried tried tried several times. Then asked me to try one more for me. The system worked. The CO asked to our daughter aged 18 one more time. She did it then the system again worked. Then asked to my husband , he did it but again the system failed. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I dont know how many times my husband tried it but suddenly the system worked . Ahaaaa:):):):) He did it .
Yessss said the CO then I thought he will pass the windows and will hugg us :):):)
The CO looked at to us for 3 seconds. .....and asked to my husband
CO :Where are you going in USA ?
Answer : ...
CO : Do you have any relatives in USA ?
CO :What will you do in USA ? (means job )
Answer : Same business.Construction .
CO :Construction ?? Waow great . :):)
CO : I can't see any problem . Your passports will be post .........
I said what??o_Oo_O
CO : Smiled . Yes
I said realy ??o_Oo_Oo_O
Than I realised that we got it .:):):)
Thanks thanks bla bla bla .....

To everyone in this forum I hope all off you pass the interviews with success .

Last edited:
Thanks for those who tried to help my simple questions which I thought realy big problems for our case .
...And finally thanks for @Britsimon for your ideas , aswers , and your big big big big efforts..

I have already prepared the documents which they wanted by mail and I also took some documents maybe requires during the interview.
I got two small kids aged 4 & 7 started to play with the toys that the embassy placed for them.:)
They firstly checked the passports and the applicants then gave us number 0001 .
When we called first we gave the documents they wanted to bring to the interview.
At the second call we al gave the finger prints. But at that time there was something went wrong then my husband gave this finger print several times. They asked if we have new original copy of criminal report .( We have already send them before ). Ohh God . I was well prepared . I gave the document they wanted.
Then the loooooonnnnggg waiting process started. I thing that waiting time was such a year long for me.
The CO said hello to all of us with smiling face. Then started to take my husbands finger prints again .:confused::confused::eek::eek:
The CO tried tried tried several times. Then asked me to try one more for me. The system worked. The CO asked to our daughter aged 18 one more time. She did it then the system again worked. Then asked to my husband , he did it but again the system failed. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I dont know how many times my husband tried it but suddenly the system worked . Ahaaaa:):):):) He did it .
Yessss said the CO then I thought he will pass the windows and will hugg us :):):)
I said what??o_Oo_O
I said realy ??o_Oo_Oo_O

That's great, congratulations!

Reactions: esa

I said what??o_Oo_O
I said realy ??o_Oo_Oo_O

Glad your interview went really smooth @esa ;) All the best with the new life in US !

p.s. I loved the detail of toys at the embassy and hope my 1 year old kid will have the chance to play as well :)

Reactions: esa
We got our approval today, yays! It was a long wait at the consulate (a total of 1,5 hours), but in the end they asked only a few questions, and the actual interview took less than 5 minutes:
How long we have been married? Education/degree? Current work? When and where are we going to relocate?
As I was the derivative they didn't ask anything from me.

Some notes from Helsinki: medicals needed 6 photos, even though official information was 3. Luckily it was ok for the doctor that we provided the extra photos a few days later. Also, at the embassy they did not want any copies of any documents and they didn't look at our financial documents at all, which seemed a bit strange.

Hey guys!got the visa yesterday!everything went smooth!from the medicals to the interview appointment!
After I handed the clerk the documents i went to the cashier and paid the fees and being told that I would get called and get interviewed by the consul. After I sat down for an hour and half I get interviewed after raising my right hand (under oath) and got my finger prints (again). So the interview was taken in Naples and the CO asked me why I was in Germany, if I worked there, what degree I got there and what major minor I studied, after hearing that I got a master degree in Germany he said "ok visa approved" and I didn had to show any bank account statement and what not. The whole interview took less than 5 mins. My passport is ready to get picked up today at the courier service.
Now it's about to get real!!thanks guys for all these posts it made possible not to feel alone along the path :)

dear britsimon

i have a question about moving money in US and I also read your topic http://britsimonsays.com/move-money-usa/

lets say I have $30k and I want to transfer from my bank backhome half of the amount now and the other half next year. When we get our money while is US, (the other half after one year) do we have to pay tax for that in US... or it is recommended to transfer all as soon as we arrive there.

my other question is, if I have $30k in the bank in US, and at the begining job less, no health coverage, and I had a need to visit a dr or anything else, broken leg, surgery or something else that costs a lot..(+$10k) . will goverment or healthcare system take my money automatically,

thank you

dear britsimon

i have a question about moving money in US and I also read your topic http://britsimonsays.com/move-money-usa/

lets say I have $30k and I want to transfer from my bank backhome half of the amount now and the other half next year. When we get our money while is US, (the other half after one year) do we have to pay tax for that in US... or it is recommended to transfer all as soon as we arrive there.

my other question is, if I have $30k in the bank in US, and at the begining job less, no health coverage, and I had a need to visit a dr or anything else, broken leg, surgery or something else that costs a lot..(+$10k) . will goverment or healthcare system take my money automatically,

thank you

Regarding the money. Tax is paid on income or capital gains. So - if you already have the $30K prior to moving to the USA it is not taxable. If however you earn money (wages, profit on the sale of investments and so on) in the USA or abroad then that would be something you would have to declare to the US government and potentially pay tax on it.

Let's say you arrive in the USA as an LPR and the very next day you get hit by a truck whilst crossing the road. You will be taken to a hospital, and you will be treated with emergency care. You are financially liable for that care and the bills for that sort of incident can run into huge amounts - certainly over $10k and if you need operations etc the bill could be massive - easily 6 figures. If you do not have insurance your medical care will be limited to what is medically necessary to deal with the emergency. However, you will have a hard time getting additional treatment such as physiotherapy and so on without having proof of ability to pay. There is limited medical cover available for people with very low incomes, but it is not much and doesn't cover the best treatment.

Now - let's hope you recovered from the accident. You will start to receive bills. Depending on your ability to pay, you may be chased for payment of those bills up to and including suing you for the costs and garnishing your wages (which means taking a payment from any paychecks you get in the future). Ironically, people who are very poor don't have such an issue with that because it is not worth trying to get blood out of a stone. But - you could kiss goodbye to your savings.

I would recommend you get insurance as soon as possible. Under the rules of Obamacare you are obligated to get it anyway.

Regarding the money. Tax is paid on income or capital gains. So - if you already have the $30K prior to moving to the USA it is not taxable. If however you earn money (wages, profit on the sale of investments and so on) in the USA or abroad then that would be something you would have to declare to the US government and potentially pay tax on it.

Let's say you arrive in the USA as an LPR and the very next day you get hit by a truck whilst crossing the road. You will be taken to a hospital, and you will be treated with emergency care. You are financially liable for that care and the bills for that sort of incident can run into huge amounts - certainly over $10k and if you need operations etc the bill could be massive - easily 6 figures. If you do not have insurance your medical care will be limited to what is medically necessary to deal with the emergency. However, you will have a hard time getting additional treatment such as physiotherapy and so on without having proof of ability to pay. There is limited medical cover available for people with very low incomes, but it is not much and doesn't cover the best treatment.

Now - let's hope you recovered from the accident. You will start to receive bills. Depending on your ability to pay, you may be chased for payment of those bills up to and including suing you for the costs and garnishing your wages (which means taking a payment from any paychecks you get in the future). Ironically, people who are very poor don't have such an issue with that because it is not worth trying to get blood out of a stone. But - you could kiss goodbye to your savings.

I would recommend you get insurance as soon as possible. Under the rules of Obamacare you are obligated to get it anyway.
dear Britsimon,

thank you my friend for such a long reply, even though I was not able to understand everything, because of my english knowledge.

so please, do you recommend me to go there, get healthcare and then get my money transfer, or it doesnt matter.

if I sell my apartment in one year, and transfer my money to US, do I have to pay tax, (sorry for asking)

obamacare health coverage enrollment ends up in Feb 15 for this year, I will land in two months, I just contacted healthcare.gov and explained my situation and how to get health insurance after FEB 15 2015 as a new comers. He was not able to answer that question and put me on hold for 5 mins. After he said, Sir as soon as you enter in US and do landing please contact us once again and as a new comers you will be able to apply for coverage. I was very happy for his response, hope thats OK.

so should I get healthcoverage first and then get money, also does anyone could share his/her experience as a newcomer how much do you pay for healthcare, because for kids is another program, so we dont have to pay, just for the adults

thanksssssssssss

dear Britsimon,

thank you my friend for such a long reply, even though I was not able to understand everything, because of my english knowledge.

so please, do you recommend me to go there, get healthcare and then get my money transfer, or it doesnt matter.

if I sell my apartment in one year, and transfer my money to US, do I have to pay tax, (sorry for asking)

obamacare health coverage enrollment ends up in Feb 15 for this year, I will land in two months, I just contacted healthcare.gov and explained my situation and how to get health insurance after FEB 15 2015 as a new comers. He was not able to answer that question and put me on hold for 5 mins. After he said, Sir as soon as you enter in US and do landing please contact us once again and as a new comers you will be able to apply for coverage. I was very happy for his response, hope thats OK.

so should I get healthcoverage first and then get money, also does anyone could share his/her experience as a newcomer how much do you pay for healthcare, because for kids is another program, so we dont have to pay, just for the adults

thanksssssssssss

If you sell your apartment after becomeing a LPR (Green Card holder) then you may have to pay taxes to the USA on the profit.

Whenever you arrive that is a "life event" that allows you to apply for health insurance. In practice it will probably take a month or so to get coverage arranged.

Health insurance needs to cover the whole family - kids included.

It's been 3 weeks already that I am still on AP. Only 2 xerocopies were missing and they need 3 weeks and more to decide whether I am issued or denied??? The CO didn't say anything about reviewing the docs or anything. He only said,' As long as we get the missing docs along with the passports we will be able to complete your case. I know 2 couples from AS region that were put on AP after me in the same embassy where I was, but they already got issued. Why are they leaving my case behind and dealing others I don't understand? What are they waiting for????? I swear I have all the documents true, and did't lie about anything, and no mistakes, I don't see anything that can make them doubt. My status was AP on the 15th, and was updated on the 16th again as AP, which was because of I think they got my missing docs from the box and looked at my case again. I don't see any changes since then.

Hello everyone form USA
It was a long trip and not comfortable but we made it here, When I got to JFK it was crowed and need to wait a long time to get to passport control. Once there check our visa our sealed envelop from the Tirane embassy did our fingerprints and photo after we sing the order for the green card and you are go to go welcome to USA.
We did even the custom declaration on food and money etc.

Hi Susie,
When filling out the DS260 I put Kuwait down as my residence for these past 8 years. Of course, I'd be delighted to tell how this plays out.
Yep - you couldn't do the same in the USA. Maybe it is a tolerated/accepted thing?
Hi,
I have managed to get PCC from Kuwait. It is only valid for 3 months though! Im EU39XXX so this cert will be expired by interview (if I ever get one). If I leave to Europe now might it be okay?
Another question. My employers have offered me short term contract work until I need to go home for medicals/interview etc. By being here for 4-5 months after the PCC is issued will that be harmful to the small chance I have of them accepting the PCC if I were to just leave now?
Thnks.

Hi,
I have managed to get PCC from Kuwait. It is only valid for 3 months though! Im EU39XXX so this cert will be expired by interview (if I ever get one). If I leave to Europe now might it be okay?
Another question. My employers have offered me short term contract work until I need to go home for medicals/interview etc. By being here for 4-5 months after the PCC is issued will that be harmful to the small chance I have of them accepting the PCC if I were to just leave now?
Thnks.

Embassies have accepted expired PCCs where the selectee has not returned to the country after the cert was issued, but yes, staying beyond the PCC validity would make that riskier. Not a certainty of them refusing it, just a chance. Tough call.

Hi guys,

I was successful on my interview at the US Consulate General in Naples, Italy! So, I want to share my experience with you. Hopefully this can help someone!
Please note that some of the information you read in this post may apply only if you are attending your interview in Naples, Italy.

Let's start from the medical examination:

- In Italy, there's no need to book your medical examination. It is automatically scheduled for the day before the interview (this is nice in my opinion, especially if you don't live near Naples). If you need any information from the medical center, be sure to call them on Mondays and Tuesdays morning. This is the only time they answer DV-related questions.
- You need to bring 4 pictures (no need to be American passport size). Please note that this is a new requirement for DV2015 (only one pic was required till DV2014). Anyway, if you forget to bring them don't freak out: there is an automatic machine nearby where you can take them if needed.
- Bring your passport with you
- Bring your vaccination certificate and any other relevant information about your clinical history (especially if you underwent *significant* surgery in the past)
- The medical examination is scheduled at 8:00 am for everyone. I was there by 7:30am and I was the 6th in line (not only DV winners, also spouses/fiancèes of American citizens). I advise you to be there early (the earlier the better, first-come first-served). The medical center (Istituto Medico Varelli) opens at 7am. There is a dedicated counter for "consulate" medical examinations. When your number is current, you give the passport to the lady at the counter, and then you can sit and wait in a waiting room.
-I was called after 1 hour waiting (it was 8:30am) for the blood test, and for the chest x-ray right after. After that, you are asked to wait in another waiting room (next to the x-ray room) and wait for a first interview with a M.D..
- After another hour waiting (it was around 9:30am), my name was called. There were 2 M.D.s in the room, interviewing one person each. You need to give the vaccinations certificate and the 4 pictures at this time. The M.D. asks you some generic non-medical questions (phone number, email address, address in the US, etc.) and fills some electronic forms (it was actually funny because the M.D. was kinda old, and REEEALLY slow at typing!!!). He then takes a look at your vaccination records. He seemed to care only about Tetanus and MMR vaccinations (this was my case: male, in the 30s, but also the other people there reported this. Probably if you are not too young nor too old you need only these 2, but again I cannot say this for sure). If you're not ok with vaccinations, you can take shots there (it costs you some extra euros though). After that you have to pay (170 Euros in my case as I didn't have any extra shots to take). You can pay either cash (euros only) or credit/debit card.
I have two advices for you at this time: 1- Tetanus vaccination lasts 10 years, after that you need to take a booster. If you don't want to pay extra money, be sure to check this and take a booster prior of the medical examination. 2- Even if you can take shots at the medical center, they may run out of shots!!! They actually did that day. The MD writes a note in the form where he states that the medical center ran out of shots and advices you to take it on your own. I am sure this will not impact the interview with the CO (the person that had this note on the medical form was eventually issued the visa), but I don't know if they are going to question at the POE.
- After this first "screening/acceptance", you go back to the entrance and wait for the medical examination. You have to wait your turn again. Once you're in, the MD asks some questions about your clinical history, then measures your body temperature and blood pressure. Then he measures your height and weight (and calculate the BMI). He then visits you (checks for nodules, hear your lungs and heart, palpates your abdomen). You take vaccine shots at this point, if you need to.
- After that, you're finally done! Total time: 3 hours. At 10.30am I was out of the medical center and ready to visit Naples!

The day after, I was scheduled for the interview at the Consulate at 8:30 am. The Consulate is water front, and there is a really nice view of the Gulf of Naples from there! :)
I was there by 7:40am but the guard told me that they will let you in just 15 minutes before your interview time. So, you don't need to rush (also because you have to wait outside!).
Anyway, this is how it went:

- at exactly 8:15am I was called at the security check. There they ask for your passport. You have to surrender your mobile phone (they keep it and give you a tag). Then you have to go through metal detector. They give you a number. I was number 10 (but they were not consecutive numbers, there were less than 10 people before me).
- Then you go inside the consulate, 2nd floor. There is a waiting room there where you wait your turn with the other applicants.
- There are many counters there, but only some of them were active. Two for documents checking, one for the CO interview, and one for the cashier.
- When it's your turn, you are first called for documents collection. You talk to a nice lady: I had to give the passport, 2 American size pics, and all the documents needed along with photocopies (birth cert., police cert., proof of education, military records). They asked me for higher education level certificate only (Master's degree in my case). They didn't ask for my high school diploma (but it is safer to bring it, just in case!). They gave me back an envelope (not sealed) containing some papers from the medical examination and a CD with the x-ray. You are advised to bring that envelope with you when you enter the US. If you need to change your US address, this is the right time to do it. They also asked for proof of registration to the courier service. Then, you are given a paper sheet stating the fee amount you need to pay ($330).
- You go to the cashier and pay the fee. You can pay either cash, or credit card (all major credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners), or debit card (note that only US debit cards are accepted). You have to bring the receipt back to the lady that collected your documents, and sit and wait for the interview with the CO.
- After few minutes waiting, my name was called by the CO. I went to the counter where a young kind guy was waiting for me. He said: "Don't worry, the interview is going to last 1 minute only!". He was actually wrong, but it took no more than 3-4 minutes! :D . He asked to rise my right hand and swear that all the information provided were true. After that, he asked me:
- what did I do in the US under my J1 Visa some years ago and how long did I stay there
- what did I do after that
- wheter I am currently employed full time and what is my current job position
- what is my relation to the host in the US​
He said, "OK, this make sense, so...congratulations!". He then explained me how it works with the courier service and gave me back all the originals of the documents and kept the photocopies and the passport. I also asked him one question about POE and he was happy to help me.
- I wasn't asked any proof of my financial status (even if I was prepared for that), but I guess that asking about my current employment status (I actually felt he was really interested about full-time employement status) and relation to the host was a way to check if I can easily sustain myself for the first period and find a job in the US.
- At 9:30am I was out of the consulate with a big smile on my face, walking through the sunshine and thinking about...everything!

That's it! Pretty smooth. Easier to say once your visa has been issued. :) When I was in Naples I couldn't sleep well for the fear of waking up late and miss the appointments time!
Also, as a personal advice, don't worry too much for the waiting times. Just stay relaxed, and use that time to talk to the other applicants. You can learn new things and make new friends.
Sorry for the (maybe too) long post, but I wanted to share my experience with you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I want to thank all the members of this fantastic forum, you have all been very helpful in making the process smoother and letting me go to the interview well prepared. It's good when you don't have negative surprises. BIG BIG THANKS.

Cheers,
Adalb

Hi guys,

I was successful on my interview at the US Consulate General in Naples, Italy! So, I want to share my experience with you. Hopefully this can help someone!
Please note that some of the information you read in this post may apply only if you are attending your interview in Naples, Italy.

Let's start from the medical examination:

- In Italy, there's no need to book your medical examination. It is automatically scheduled for the day before the interview (this is nice in my opinion, especially if you don't live near Naples). If you need any information from the medical center, be sure to call them on Mondays and Tuesdays morning. This is the only time they answer DV-related questions.
- You need to bring 4 pictures (no need to be American passport size). Please note that this is a new requirement for DV2015 (only one pic was required till DV2014). Anyway, if you forget to bring them don't freak out: there is an automatic machine nearby where you can take them if needed.
- Bring your passport with you
- Bring your vaccination certificate and any other relevant information about your clinical history (especially if you underwent *significant* surgery in the past)
- The medical examination is scheduled at 8:00 am for everyone. I was there by 7:30am and I was the 6th in line (not only DV winners, also spouses/fiancèes of American citizens). I advise you to be there early (the earlier the better, first-come first-served). The medical center (Istituto Medico Varelli) opens at 7am. There is a dedicated counter for "consulate" medical examinations. When your number is current, you give the passport to the lady at the counter, and then you can sit and wait in a waiting room.
-I was called after 1 hour waiting (it was 8:30am) for the blood test, and for the chest x-ray right after. After that, you are asked to wait in another waiting room (next to the x-ray room) and wait for a first interview with a M.D..
- After another hour waiting (it was around 9:30am), my name was called. There were 2 M.D.s in the room, interviewing one person each. You need to give the vaccinations certificate and the 4 pictures at this time. The M.D. asks you some generic non-medical questions (phone number, email address, address in the US, etc.) and fills some electronic forms (it was actually funny because the M.D. was kinda old, and REEEALLY slow at typing!!!). He then takes a look at your vaccination records. He seemed to care only about Tetanus and MMR vaccinations (this was my case: male, in the 30s, but also the other people there reported this. Probably if you are not too young nor too old you need only these 2, but again I cannot say this for sure). If you're not ok with vaccinations, you can take shots there (it costs you some extra euros though). After that you have to pay (170 Euros in my case as I didn't have any extra shots to take). You can pay either cash (euros only) or credit/debit card.
I have two advices for you at this time: 1- Tetanus vaccination lasts 10 years, after that you need to take a booster. If you don't want to pay extra money, be sure to check this and take a booster prior of the medical examination. 2- Even if you can take shots at the medical center, they may run out of shots!!! They actually did that day. The MD writes a note in the form where he states that the medical center ran out of shots and advices you to take it on your own. I am sure this will not impact the interview with the CO (the person that had this note on the medical form was eventually issued the visa), but I don't know if they are going to question at the POE.
- After this first "screening/acceptance", you go back to the entrance and wait for the medical examination. You have to wait your turn again. Once you're in, the MD asks some questions about your clinical history, then measures your body temperature and blood pressure. Then he measures your height and weight (and calculate the BMI). He then visits you (checks for nodules, hear your lungs and heart, palpates your abdomen). You take vaccine shots at this point, if you need to.
- After that, you're finally done! Total time: 3 hours. At 10.30am I was out of the medical center and ready to visit Naples!

The day after, I was scheduled for the interview at the Consulate at 8:30 am. The Consulate is water front, and there is a really nice view of the Gulf of Naples from there! :)
I was there by 7:40am but the guard told me that they will let you in just 15 minutes before your interview time. So, you don't need to rush (also because you have to wait outside!).
Anyway, this is how it went:

- at exactly 8:15am I was called at the security check. There they ask for your passport. You have to surrender your mobile phone (they keep it and give you a tag). Then you have to go through metal detector. They give you a number. I was number 10 (but they were not consecutive numbers, there were less than 10 people before me).
- Then you go inside the consulate, 2nd floor. There is a waiting room there where you wait your turn with the other applicants.
- There are many counters there, but only some of them were active. Two for documents checking, one for the CO interview, and one for the cashier.
- When it's your turn, you are first called for documents collection. You talk to a nice lady: I had to give the passport, 2 American size pics, and all the documents needed along with photocopies (birth cert., police cert., proof of education, military records). They asked me for higher education level certificate only (Master's degree in my case). They didn't ask for my high school diploma (but it is safer to bring it, just in case!). They gave me back an envelope (not sealed) containing some papers from the medical examination and a CD with the x-ray. You are advised to bring that envelope with you when you enter the US. If you need to change your US address, this is the right time to do it. They also asked for proof of registration to the courier service. Then, you are given a paper sheet stating the fee amount you need to pay ($330).
- You go to the cashier and pay the fee. You can pay either cash, or credit card (all major credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners), or debit card (note that only US debit cards are accepted). You have to bring the receipt back to the lady that collected your documents, and sit and wait for the interview with the CO.
- After few minutes waiting, my name was called by the CO. I went to the counter where a young kind guy was waiting for me. He said: "Don't worry, the interview is going to last 1 minute only!". He was actually wrong, but it took no more than 3-4 minutes! :D . He asked to rise my right hand and swear that all the information provided were true. After that, he asked me:
- what did I do in the US under my J1 Visa some years ago and how long did I stay there
- what did I do after that
- wheter I am currently employed full time and what is my current job position
- what is my relation to the host in the US​
He said, "OK, this make sense, so...congratulations!". He then explained me how it works with the courier service and gave me back all the originals of the documents and kept the photocopies and the passport. I also asked him one question about POE and he was happy to help me.
- I wasn't asked any proof of my financial status (even if I was prepared for that), but I guess that asking about my current employment status (I actually felt he was really interested about full-time employement status) and relation to the host was a way to check if I can easily sustain myself for the first period and find a job in the US.
- At 9:30am I was out of the consulate with a big smile on my face, walking through the sunshine and thinking about...everything!

That's it! Pretty smooth. Easier to say once your visa has been issued. :) When I was in Naples I couldn't sleep well for the fear of waking up late and miss the appointments time!
Also, as a personal advice, don't worry too much for the waiting times. Just stay relaxed, and use that time to talk to the other applicants. You can learn new things and make new friends.
Sorry for the (maybe too) long post, but I wanted to share my experience with you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I want to thank all the members of this fantastic forum, you have all been very helpful in making the process smoother and letting me go to the interview well prepared. It's good when you don't have negative surprises. BIG BIG THANKS.

Cheers,
Adalb

Nice and congratulations!!!!

Hi guys,
Well, I'd like an opinion from you @Britsimon :) I'd really appreciate your experience and knowledge about this...
We are planning our journey to US around April. The question is: In order not to carry cash with us....to avoid carrying, lets say $20k in our bags :p...our cousins in the US told us to leave that money in Albania (they are buying a house in AL) and to avoid carrying cash around (for us and for them)...we can leave that amount for them in Albania, and they will give us the same amount when we get there. It's just a question of not having big money in cash with us.
Do you think there might be any problem if we
1) declare lets say $3000-$5000 when we get at the US entry point and then afterwards we deposit the amount of $20k in the bank afterwards, when our cousins give them to us (might them tax them)?? o_O
2) do you think $3000-$5000 is a small amount to declare (for a couple...my husband and I)??
3) and the last, do we need to apply for health coverage as soon as we enter the US, or we have to wait until we start working?