• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

One could argue that lower CN cases, waiting patiently for AP clearance, should receive priority, once cleared, before new cases within the same region with a higher CN, couldn't one?

Yah but All the CNs from Iran and Nepal are low, because KCC wanted it that way, lower CNs should get higher priority, but in the case of Nepal and Iran, that's already been predetermined unlike the ROA CNs..........so it's not really Lower Cns getting high priority, it's just Iran and Nepal getting higher priority.

i know Britsimon says a lot of selectees that were higher don't get picked from Nepal/Iran, so they don't get notified.......and this is used to justify the argument that the process is somehow "fair"........ummm no, it's not fair, those selectees just didn't "win", they didn't get hoodwinked into believing they ever had a chance at all like many Asian selectees who spend a lot of time and energy, saving, working, getting papers only to find out they never really had a chance at all

Remember, most selectees have no idea of the process, about Iran, Nepal quota and any of this other mumbe jumble, they just recieved a letter saying they have a chance for a green card and are given this false hope........because if KCC continues with this approach.........95% of ROA winners have no chance at all to get an interview..which is the same is not getting picked at all

Last edited:
Yah but All the CNs from Iran and Nepal are low, because KCC wanted it that way, lower CNs should get higher priority, but in the case of Nepal and Iran, that's already been predetermined unlike the ROA CNs..........so it's not really Lower Cns getting high priority, it's just Iran and Nepal getting higher priority.

perhaps kcc needs a slap or two of reality

they ccan actually spread out those iranian cases and nepalese cases throughout the entire cn range IF THEY WANTED TO (emphasis on this one) just that y know...bureaucracy bullshit...don't fix it if it ain't broken mentality

Last edited by a moderator:
they ccan actually spread out those iranian cases and nepalese cases throughout the entire cn range IF THEY WANTED TO (emphasis on this one) just that y know...bureaucracy bullshit...don't fix it if it ain't broken mentality

The US government is just like any other office, the workers only want to do what is necessary to allow them to go home early, they're not sitting there worrying about whose feelings are hurt and what is fair, just when can i go home?

there's nothing to fix, this is the government, there's nobody you can complain to anyhow, they ARE the bosses, just ask the poor man who got the chemistry exam at his interview
i chuckle sometimes when people talk about, "the law requires this, and the law requires that".......please, the law requires anything that is convenient for them to require at that moment to make their jobs easier, that's all.......quotas, requirements, anything can be changed at anytime and there's nothing you can do about it

The US government is just like any other office, the workers only want to do what is necessary to allow them to go home early, they're not sitting there worrying about whose feelings are hurt and what is fair, just when can i go home?

there's nothing to fix, this is the government, there's nobody you can complain to anyhow, they ARE the bosses, just ask the poor man who got the chemistry exam at his interview
i chuckle sometimes when people talk about, "the law requires this, and the law requires that".......please, the law requires anything that is convenient for them to require at that moment to make their jobs easier, that's all.......quotas, requirements, anything can be changed at anytime and there's nothing you can do about it

agreed..

same thoughts here, it's as if why did they even allow other asian countries that are not nepal or iran to even enter, last year was terrible, this year is worse, they are clinging on the iranian ap cases to resolve rather than allowing new roa cases to go through, we don't have any vb jump this year like last year, hell even the most negative person (me) expected more, something like 9,xxx

i agree if they let this continue, roa won't be getting any chances when 90 percent of the visas are taken by those two countries
britsimon why don't you accept the fact that what kcc is doing is not a feasible approach to these two countries, what euro said, final whistle blow, over, roa substitute players didn't even get used...

Again. They are applying the law. It isn't KCCs approach. Not their idea.

Just. the. law.

Go put and find an two people, one from Nepal, one from Iran, and yourself. All 3 of you enter the next lottery. You will all have the same exact chance of being selected. Why can you not understand that? It isn't so hard to grasp is it? Or do you think you deserve more chance than someone from Nepal or Iran?

Now - go and get 500,000 people to register from your country - you will find the whole thing changes.

Again. They are applying the law. It isn't KCCs approach. Not their idea.

Just. the. law.

Go put and find an two people, one from Nepal, one from Iran, and yourself. All 3 of you enter the next lottery. You will all have the same exact chance of being selected. Why can you not understand that? It isn't so hard to grasp is it? Or do you think you deserve more chance than someone from Nepal or Iran?

Now - go and get 500,000 people to register from your country - you will find the whole thing changes.

Britsimon, you seem like a reasonable guy but you strike me as someone who is probably extremely politically correct in real life, just based on your refusal to criticize the system no matter how obvious it is that it's unfair

nevertheless........i understand you everybody has the same chance of being SELECTED, but we don't have the same chance of being "CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW" which is probably even more important
i don't think he thinks he deserves more of a chance than Nepal/Iran, he just thinks he deserves an EQUAL chance of getting an interview after being selected.
The whole thing you said about higher numbers in Iran/Nepal not being notified that they were selected is really not a valid point, as far as those people are concerned, they just didn't get picked, most people don't, and they continue with their lives

ok call it what you will, it's just the law, then the law is ridiculous then, the system is screwed up no matter what label you decide to put on something, law, or otherwise

I am only focused on the probablility of getting an interview AFTER selection, and it's not equal, it's, in fact, extremely unequal

there are people on this board who will seemingly fight to the death on this point and that there's nothing wrong with the system and everything is perfect and i am not sure why. I read some posts from back in November and December that you guys made.
Sussie, yourself, and the rest of the KCC Nepal/Iran Apologist gang were saying the same things that some of us are saying now, i am not sure why people have had such a drastic change of heart a few months later

i know it's moot at this point, but i am still in venting mode and i just feel it has to be said that's all

Britsimon, you seem like a reasonable guy but you strike me as someone who is probably extremely politically correct in real life, just based on your refusal to criticize the system no matter how obvious it is that it's unfair

nevertheless........i understand you everybody has the same chance of being SELECTED, but we don't have the same chance of being "CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW" which is probably even more important
i don't think he thinks he deserves more of a chance than Nepal/Iran, he just thinks he deserves an EQUAL chance of getting an interview after being selected.
The whole thing you said about higher numbers in Iran/Nepal not being notified that they were selected is really not a valid point, as far as those people are concerned, they just didn't get picked, most people don't, and they continue with their lives

ok call it what you will, it's just the law, then the law is ridiculous then, the system is screwed up no matter what label you decide to put on something, law, or otherwise

I am only focused on the probablility of getting an interview AFTER selection, and it's not equal, it's, in fact, extremely unequal

there are people on this board who will seemingly fight to the death on this point and that there's nothing wrong with the system and everything is perfect and i am not sure why. I read some posts from back in November and December that you guys made.
Sussie, yourself, and the rest of the KCC Nepal/Iran Apologist gang were saying the same things that some of us are saying now, i am not sure why people have had such a drastic change of heart a few months later

i know it's moot at this point, but i am still in venting mode and i just feel it has to be said that's all
The issue is that the law the DV process is based on assumes that there is no impact on diversity outcome, irrespective of the make- up of the selected population within a region. In other words, the process is ethnically/origination blind and therefore a rather inhomogeneous population within AS qualifies as diverse, based on the current DV process (only once a country reaches the famous 7 percent it stops, which can be late in the process or never if a DV region were made up of smaller countries only). Is this fair? I don't know, but this is the way the law currently defines the process.

The issue is that the law the DV process is based on assumes that there is no impact on diversity outcome, irrespective of the make- up of the selected population within a region. In other words, the process is ethnically/origination blind and therefore a rather inhomogeneous population within AS qualifies as diverse, based on the current DV process (only once a country reaches the famous 7 percent it stops, which can be late in the process or never if a DV region were made up of smaller countries only). Is this fair? I don't know, but this is the way the law currently defines the process.
well the laws has flaws and need to be improved, and DV-2015 is the best example for that

exactly my thoughts...it is not about the probability of getting selected, that i could not care less if those iranian or nepalese cases get disqualified...they all see the same notification anyways "Has not been selected" not "Has been selected but disqualified due to 7% quota" which is much better than getting selected but never actually get interviewed (like us)

yeah i agree with you wholeheartedly, extremely unequal chance of getting interviewed, as SOME COUNTRIES have much higher change than others

well the laws has flaws and need to be improved, and DV-2015 is the best example for that
It is very likely that US Congress would at this stage revoke the underlying DV law, rather than improve it. Your best bet really would be for politicians to leave this law untouched as long as possible...:)

exactly my thoughts...it is not about the probability of getting selected, that i could not care less if those iranian or nepalese cases get disqualified...they all see the same notification anyways "Has not been selected" not "Has been selected but disqualified due to 7% quota" which is much better than getting selected but never actually get interviewed (like us)

yeah i agree with you wholeheartedly, extremely unequal chance of getting interviewed, as SOME COUNTRIES have much higher change than others
Sorry to tell you: your last statement is utter nonsense and simply proves that you have not understood this process at all!

the best approach towards these two countries, are to spread them out equally with roa cases, therefore everyone HAS EQUAL CHANGE of GETTING INTERVIEWED regardless of their COUNTRY, thus being based purely on case number alone....current approach might be based on case number but the truth is that 0-9000 are comprised of 80% iranians and nepalese

It is very likely that US Congress would at this stage revoke the underlying DV law, rather than improve it. Your best bet really would be for politicians to leave this law untouched as long as possible...:)[/QUOTE
Well for me and ROA even if i participated again and got lucky "again" to be selected for further processing i'll be in the high 8000 CN and will most probably will never be interviewed just like now cuz the first 9000 will be condensed with people from Iran and Nepal unless KCC do something about it..
Bottom line is me being selected again is possible,but being interviewed is the main issue

Sorry to tell you: your last statement is utter nonsense and simply proves that you have not understood this process at all!

why is his last sentence wrong? care to elaborate?.........some countries are GUARANTEED interviews, others......ummm hope for mistakes in the guaranteed interviews to even get a slight slimmer of hope.......so if you think this is not the truth......i am dying to hear your explanation......like i said before, ROA selectees have the odds stacked against them higher than anybody in the entire DV lottery, even EU selectees who had very little hope the VB would move at all last month, had a better chance of going current than ROA selectees who were 50 CNs away from going current

I am not politically correct AT ALL.

Honestly, and I am putting this as gently as I can, you and SS don't seem to understand or acknowledge the basic facts. I have learned them,, and even though I once shared the same feelings I took the time to read, learn and understand. You haven't done that, so you are confused. But that is the absolute and unemotional truth.

So - first some points that you consistently don't seem to grasp. Every single point I am about to make is a fact - unarguable. So - read and understand.

• To the USA and regarding this process, an Asian is an Asian. They don't care what country the Asians come from. They are just Asians.
  • The DV lottery process is organized by REGION. No one set up the lottery by country. It is REGIONAL. The lottery designers said we need diversity. We need to get people from Africa, Europe, Asia and so on. They excluded some COUNTRIES that were sending more than enough people and they said that no one country would have more than 7% of the global quota. But, the process is by region.
  • More Nepalese get of their arses and apply for the lottery (and less of them make simple mistakes, and more of them respond). Same for Iranians. Now ANY country could achieve the same because the country does not matter.
  • Every entry has the same chance of initial selection. For each 1000 selectees, the proportion of winners matches the proportion of entries (except where a country has exceptional disqualifications for cheating).
  • Once selected every case is handled in order, and the order (in VB batches) determines who gets a chance for interview. ROA cases get the same chance of interview as Nepal or Iranian cases. There is no preference given to non ROA cases.
I don't have an emotional investment in this. I don't care whether you understand or not - but I just thought you should read the facts.

The DV2015 ROA situation is indeed dire - to stay in the picture: final whistle blow, game over and ROA substitute players sitting on the bench did not get the chance to get off the sidelines and get to play. Just very sad, sorry guys and gals!
Even before the whistle was blown, MVPs of the bench @FSW2015, @Anxiety2015 and I had left the sidelines for a bar.

If your goose is soo cooked, you should move on with your life shouldn't you?
If DV is soo unfair, you should move on with your life shouldn't you?