• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

Simon, could it be a mistake or something? This is unbelievable!!
Or maybe they'll change it next VB?

Trying to cling to some hope here :( :(
I feel you Nara, am shocked as well and can't believe this is the end for us, i always thought my CN 84** is going to be safe

I feel you Nara, am shocked as well and can't believe this is the end for us, i always thought my CN 84** is going to be safe

EU region, who people thought were not going to increase at all got a sizable increase, and Asia got nothing, Africa got pretty much nothing, i guess no matter how much data analyzation you do, you just can't guess this stuff.

Africa got it pretty bad too, they got an "almost nothing" increase, i feel worse for them than Asia, i mean if you have a family living in a god forsaken place or something, heart breaking

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mutaz, I feel terrible, my CN is 99**, I knew it was not safe but I always thought the last cutoff will be higher than that.

Yes certainly. On the other hand, OC and EU were affected by these technical issues and CEAC delayed updates as well and no hesitation there...

Yes, but generally the EU embassies (and OC obviously) seem a little better with updating CEAC in general, and after the issues.

Simon, could it be a mistake or something? This is unbelievable!!
Or maybe they'll change it next VB?

Trying to cling to some hope here :( :(

I would not encourage you to cling to that hope. They have made mistakes on VB released before, but don't count on it.

I would not encourage you to cling to that hope. They have made mistakes on VB released before, but don't count on it.

Yeah, I remember last year we were desperately hoping that the no increase in SA for September would change but it never did :(

Just want to understand something, if the quota for Asia as a whole is around 8000-8500, how could it end up at 7650,even if we considered that all those have been given visas which is impossible, it doesn't make sense at all

Just want to und
erstand something, if the quota for Asia as a whole is around 8000-8500, how could it end up at 7650,even if we considered that all those have been given visas which is impossible, it doesn't make sense at all

Each case number covers the principal and their derivatives. So - there are around 11k people attached to the 7246 cases up to the case number of 7650...

Each case number covers the principal and their derivatives. So - there are around 11k people attached to the 7246 cases up to the case number of 7650...
Well, i have nothing else to say, America was my get away ticket from Africa and Sudan..
but anyway i got nothing left to say but to thank you Sir,for all the infos u've given, you have been a great mentor for all of us all along the road,god bless u and all of the rest moderators

I am in 10.4-10.5 k range.
It certainly feels like RoA is substitute on the sitting bench, we fill whatever the main players can't fill the positions.
The DV2015 ROA situation is indeed dire - to stay in the picture: final whistle blow, game over and ROA substitute players sitting on the bench did not get the chance to get off the sidelines and get to play. Just very sad, sorry guys and gals!

The DV2015 ROA situation is indeed dire - to stay in the picture: final whistle blow, game over and ROA substitute players sitting on the bench did not get the chance to get off the sidelines and get to play. Just very sad, sorry guys and gals!

As I have read before, KCC has pretty much used the fact that Iranians go on AP to allow ROA visas to go through, why would they now, suddenly go out of their way to make the APs go through thereby ripping off an entire continent.......i mean come on, that won't make the Ayatollah agree to the Nuclear deal any faster.......

if this is the approach they take every year, there really is no point for anybody not from Iran or Nepal to even enter........they'll get all the early numbers, they'll take 90 percent of them and then everyone else just.....to hell with all of you

my number was high, that's fine.........but people with 8000, they should've gotten through and it's because of the ridiculous practices of KCC that they didn't

i am not blaming Nepal or Iran or their people, if the US government decides to hand me all the early numbers and give me the interview first i would gladly take it.....but it's not really a logical system when you have most of the continent fighting for a few scraps while two countries sit pretty with guaranteed interviews

and yes, i KNOW they have the most entries, i've heard all that.........but their entries should not be allowed to be concentrated in the lower range because that pretty much guarantees that most of the Rest of Asia gets high end numbers, and now on top of that, they're going to go out of their way to clear their APs and make sure they max out?!

I hope everybody gets it, I have nothing against the Iranian people, just the system of KCC, ok they have tons of entries, spread them out fairly and evenly throughout by a random draw, don't concentrate them in the beginning and the Rest of us sit in the end hoping for some kind of procedural problem in Iran to even have a chance.

As I have read before, KCC has pretty much used the fact that Iranians go on AP to allow ROA visas to go through, why would they now, suddenly go out of their way to make the APs go through thereby ripping off an entire continent.......i mean come on, that won't make the Ayatollah agree to the Nuclear deal any faster.......

if this is the approach they take every year, there really is no point for anybody not from Iran or Nepal to even enter........they'll get all the early numbers, they'll take 90 percent of them and then everyone else just.....to hell with all of you

my number was high, that's fine.........but people with 8000, they should've gotten through and it's because of the ridiculous practices of KCC that they didn't

i am not blaming Nepal or Iran or their people, if the US government decides to hand me all the early numbers and give me the interview first i would gladly take it.....but it's not really a logical system when you have most of the continent fighting for a few scraps while two countries sit pretty with guaranteed interviews

and yes, i KNOW they have the most entries, i've heard all that.........but their entries should not be allowed to be concentrated in the lower range because that pretty much guarantees that most of the Rest of Asia gets high end numbers, and now on top of that, they're going to go out of their way to clear their APs and make sure they max out?!

I hope everybody gets it, I have nothing against the Iranian people, just the system of KCC, ok they have tons of entries, spread them out fairly and evenly throughout by a random draw, don't concentrate them in the beginning and the Rest of us sit in the end hoping for some kind of procedural problem in Iran to even have a chance.

The concentration of the winners from Iran and Nepal in the early numbers (as well as several countries in AF and EU regions) happens because of the lottery law that says each individual entry should have the same chance of selection as every other entry in the region. That law would have to be changed to stop the concentration - it isn't something KCC controls.

The concentration of the winners from Iran and Nepal in the early numbers (as well as several countries in AF and EU regions) happens because of the lottery law that says each individual entry should have the same chance of selection as every other entry in the region. That law would have to be changed to stop the concentration - it isn't something KCC controls.

Head hurting yet from all that banging against a brick wall?

same thoughts here, it's as if why did they even allow other asian countries that are not nepal or iran to even enter, last year was terrible, this year is worse, they are clinging on the iranian ap cases to resolve rather than allowing new roa cases to go through, we don't have any vb jump this year like last year, hell even the most negative person (me) expected more, something like 9,xxx

i agree if they let this continue, roa won't be getting any chances when 90 percent of the visas are taken by those two countries
britsimon why don't you accept the fact that what kcc is doing is not a feasible approach to these two countries, what euro said, final whistle blow, over, roa substitute players didn't even get used...

i wonder if this will happen again in dv16 ? i mean.....Iranian ap cases are prioritized than new roa cases, Nepal cases have high approval rate and response rate, dv16 will probably be the same, just a tad higher, current ? impossible, just my thoughts..

i wonder if this will happen again in dv16 ? i mean.....Iranian ap cases are prioritized than new roa cases, Nepal cases have high approval rate and response rate, dv16 will probably be the same, just a tad higher, current ? impossible, just my thoughts..
One could argue that lower CN cases, waiting patiently for AP clearance, should receive priority, once cleared, before new cases within the same region with a higher CN, couldn't one?

One could argue that lower CN cases, waiting patiently for AP clearance, should receive priority, once cleared, before new cases within the same region with a higher CN, couldn't one?

except there is no certainty if or when the lower cn cases will ever resolve, in other words, kcc is gambling....