• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

in my last post which u deleted, i signed off with 'case closed'.it's surprising u still went ahead to respond only to turn around n describe me as a 'potential trouble causer'???i beg ur pardon. u are creating a strong impression of an authoritarian i may b wrong but i doubt it. ''By all means stay to ask and answer questions on topic, but there is no need for you to comment on any other matters.If you persist it will confirm that you are only interested in causing trouble and I will have no hesitation in banning you''- my friend just be tolerable OK! .is any post from a forum member not worth commenting on if one so desires??? lik u did?? rubbishing one's belief is equally insulting!you are at liberty to ban me if u so please- u shdnt have created or moderated this forum if u cannot accept diverse views apart from your own or those u agree with.pls dont forget what DV Lottery stands for- DIVERSITY OK!

Look. I am really over your sillyness, but let me just point out something that you seem to fail to grasp.

I have been a member here for about 18 months. I have my Green Card, and I live in the USA. I have posted 7800+ messages in this forum (Really much more that that since we lost some statistics). I also have helped people on other forums for the diversity visa lottery and I have created a Blog to assist people which costs me money from my own pocket. ALL of that is in support of people that I have never met, from all races, religions, countries and so on. I have supported the Diversity visa program in more ways than you can even imagine. Do YOU really think I need to be be reminded what the D in the DV lottery stands for?? Seriously??? Do you really think I am someone who is not supportive of people of all races and religions? That is ludicrous.

You on the other hand are new here. You seem intent on dragging up issues to simply derail the normally good natured conversation. You haven't had the decency to respond to my PM at all and continue to rehash the same off topic stuff. Frankly I should have clicked the ban button already - the ONLY thing stopping me is an expectation that you would let this topic drop and maybe had something useful to contribute. Am I simply wasting my time hoping that you will show a little humility and realize that you are distracting from the purpose of the forum????[/QUOTE]
Hey guys do not allow this good work of yours be over shallow by confusion pls lets keep our focus

I have not gotten a case number yet and we are talking about more than 20 cases to prove my case i wil try to get a case number and a telephone of one of the applicant for this forum belive me it is so so true. there is a forum like this near the us embassy in monrovia every tuesdays and thursdays i will get the prove for this forum

Incidentally. I checked the CEAC data (extracted September 30) for the Monrovia embassy and there were 1778 issued visas based on the logic (which may have some flex between countries/embassies). Then a few days ago the US government published their numbers for Liberia - 1752 visas issued. If there were "more than 20 cases" (plus derivatives of course) issued (not printed, issued) after September 30 the official number would be higher than mine. So - the law is very clear that visas cannot be issued after September 30 (printed later is ok, but not interviewed/approved as you described). The numbers from the US government don't support the rumor you have heard and I think it is very clear that you won't be able to produce even one verifiable case.

Why is it important? Well because as I was saying earlier, people get to believe these unsubstantiated rumors - and there may even be gullible people out there that will pay the myriad of DV lottery conmen ("agents") that are in business in Ghana based on them being able to obtain a visa for a 2014 winner. So - until we see clear proof, I think it is essential that we do not spread this gossip and rumor that has no basis in fact.

Incidentally. I checked the CEAC data (extracted September 30) for the Monrovia embassy and there were 1778 issued visas based on the logic (which may have some flex between countries/embassies). Then a few days ago the US government published their numbers for Liberia - 1752 visas issued. If there were "more than 20 cases" (plus derivatives of course) issued (not printed, issued) after September 30 the official number would be higher than mine. So - the law is very clear that visas cannot be issued after September 30 (printed later is ok, but not interviewed/approved as you described). The numbers from the US government don't support the rumor you have heard and I think it is very clear that you won't be able to produce even one verifiable case.

Why is it important? Well because as I was saying earlier, people get to believe these unsubstantiated rumors - and there may even be gullible people out there that will pay the myriad of DV lottery conmen ("agents") that are in business in Ghana based on them being able to obtain a visa for a 2014 winner. So - until we see clear proof, I think it is essential that we do not spread this gossip and rumor that has no basis in fact.

Hm, a good point - and I do wonder if some of the comments we see occasionally are from agents themselves (who then point clients to the forum....) I can't rememebr the details but a while ago some guy also claimed to know of a case that was issued after FY end (maybe some other irregular issuance but I am 99% sure that was it) and claimed to have a copy of the visa and 2NL. He probably hadn't realised we could check the truthfulness of that via the case number and disappeared when he was asked to PM it to someone for verification....

Btw had a smooth, easy entry into SFO today. Gotta love the residents queue ;) No issue with the 11-month absences of my family as soon as we clarified that this was "the" move and we were here on a one way ticket. The CBP officer was firm but friendly and very kind to our youngest who was in a bit of a state due to jet lag and lack of sleep.

Hm, a good point - and I do wonder if some of the comments we see occasionally are from agents themselves (who then point clients to the forum....) I can't rememebr the details but a while ago some guy also claimed to know of a case that was issued after FY end (maybe some other irregular issuance but I am 99% sure that was it) and claimed to have a copy of the visa and 2NL. He probably hadn't realised we could check the truthfulness of that via the case number and disappeared when he was asked to PM it to someone for verification....

Btw had a smooth, easy entry into SFO today. Gotta love the residents queue ;) No issue with the 11-month absences of my family as soon as we clarified that this was "the" move and we were here on a one way ticket. The CBP officer was firm but friendly and very kind to our youngest who was in a bit of a state due to jet lag and lack of sleep.

Welcome home Susie :)

Welcome home indeed. I'm sure you're all exhausted - so I hope you are all comfy somewhere.

yes it is only the maiden name.
Name of change is not enshrined in the Marriage ordinance or any custom of Ghana so the marriage certificate shows the same old names. The law most recognized change of name is through the swearing of an affidavit or gazette and not through marriage. What you guys are suppose to do is to go to high court to swear an affidavit or gazette.

Britsimon, having read your profiled and understand that you are in the US from Britian , i now understand your optimism, and appreciate your resarch and time taking out to help others, however, i insist to you that visas were issued after Sept 30 in Monrovia. whether it was prepared or before sept 30 or not i an sure that up to november people received their 2014 visa. since you are in the us, Iwill try to get the Phone number of one person that was involve you can call him it is my understanding he has left for the us. there is a forum yours we have in monrovia but is a meeting of dv winners who meet every tuesdays and thursday to received information and interview expirence from members coming out of the embassy. i have encourage a lot of people to join this forum cus it is world wide. but here many people lack internet because of the caused only a few fortunate like me will have a PC. i will try to prove that. it sound impossible to me also because of what i have read. but i know people member of our forum that ware part of it.

Britsimon, having read your profiled and understand that you are in the US from Britian , i now understand your optimism, and appreciate your resarch and time taking out to help others, however, i insist to you that visas were issued after Sept 30 in Monrovia. whether it was prepared or before sept 30 or not i an sure that up to november people received their 2014 visa. since you are in the us, Iwill try to get the Phone number of one person that was involve you can call him it is my understanding he has left for the us. there is a forum yours we have in monrovia but is a meeting of dv winners who meet every tuesdays and thursday to received information and interview expirence from members coming out of the embassy. i have encourage a lot of people to join this forum cus it is world wide. but here many people lack internet because of the caused only a few fortunate like me will have a PC. i will try to prove that. it sound impossible to me also because of what i have read. but i know people member of our forum that ware part of it.

There were people who would have received their printed visas after the end of September (because it takes time to print the visas and someone could have been slotted into the final few places on September 30. However, Monrovia embassy does not have the authority to ignore the law - so that is why I doubt the statements. There is no secrecy about 2014 numbers now - just ask the person to supply their case number and I will check that. Until then - this is just a myth.

Nobody is doubting the fact that some people might have received their visas after Sept 30th or that the visas got printed after the applicable FY had ended. What we find unbelievable is your claim about DV2014 selectees who got interviewed and issued with visas in Oct and Nov. There's a big difference between saying someone's visa got printed in Oct/Nov and someone got interviewed in Oct/Nov. It is possible for the visas to be printed after the FY has ended but highly doubtful that interviews will be conducted when the FY had clearly ended. So like you were challenged before, provide the CN of such cases and the date in Oct/Nov that they were interviewed, we have ways of verifying such claims.

hello guys, am from kenya..i need your advice..during my e-dv entry, i mistakenly interchanged my middle name with my last name bt on ds 260 i wrote the names in the correct order..all the names are mine and appear in my passport and birth certificate bt the problem is on e-dv entry..can this lead to Visa denial? your advices pliz..thnx in advance

hello guys, am from kenya..i need your advice..during my e-dv entry, i mistakenly interchanged my middle name with my last name bt on ds 260 i wrote the names in the correct order..all the names are mine and appear in my passport and birth certificate bt the problem is on e-dv entry..can this lead to Visa denial? your advices pliz..thnx in advance
interestingly we are in the same soup. this is what i think, if truly you entered the lottery once then you are okay. it is also important to notice that it depend on how you answer to the CO since the CO might want to know whether it was an agent who entered for you. anyway, what is your case number?

interestingly we are in the same soup. this is what i think, if truly you entered the lottery once then you are okay. it is also important to notice that it depend on how you answer to the CO since the CO might want to know whether it was an agent who entered for you. anyway, what is your case number?
my case no is 32***. what abt u?

my case no is 32***. what abt u?
Case Number: 2015AF00130--
Status checked: 2 May 2014.
DS260 Submitted: May 22nd 2014.
Confirmed: May 22nd 2014
Second NL: sept 2014
Police Report : Done
Interview: 19 november, 2014(rescheduled to 18th august, 2015)

Case Number: 2015AF00130--
Status checked: 2 May 2014.
DS260 Submitted: May 22nd 2014.
Confirmed: May 22nd 2014
Second NL: sept 2014
Police Report : Done
Interview: 19 november, 2014(rescheduled to 18th august, 2015)
oh! you rescheduled your interview!! i guess mine is somwhere between march and april.i will update you of any eventuality. why did you reschedule?

We used to say, don't worry about this mistake as long as both names on the passport, but a forum member recently got denied for this. So you may get lucky or you may get denied. It is hard to say.

Plenty of scams involve phoning someone who sounds genuine. Why should simon just believe someone who says something over the phone rather than written on the net? Like he said, provide the case number, then we can know for sure.

Hi am new here and need your help.i will be applying with shs documents.i.e my shs statement of results from waec and a transcript frim my school which attests to the fact that i completed successfully there bcos i lost the original. Pls do i need any other shs document apart from this cos i hear of ppl talk abt shs certificate which they presented at their interview and not statement of results.i completed in very early yrs of 2000 b4 sssce was replaced by wassce, and i guess transcript is d same as the certificate from one’s school. Pls wat are your thoughts. Thanks

We used to say, don't worry about this mistake as long as both names on the passport, but a forum member recently got denied for this. So you may get lucky or you may get denied. It is hard to say.
can you give the link to the person who was denied because he/she interchange the middle and surname but had the first name in the right box? What i have seen on this forum was someone ticking no first name(NFN), I hope this is not what you are referring to?

Hi am new here and need your help.i will be applying with shs documents.i.e my shs statement of results from waec and a transcript frim my school which attests to the fact that i completed successfully there bcos i lost the original. Pls do i need any other shs document apart from this cos i hear of ppl talk abt shs certificate which they presented at their interview and not statement of results.i completed in very early yrs of 2000 b4 sssce was replaced by wassce, and i guess transcript is d same as the certificate from one’s school. Pls wat are your thoughts. Thanks
I think what you have to do it to go to WAEC and apply for your certificate send to the us embassy or at best visit the regional office of WAEC and ask them how you can get a copy for the embassy. our high school transcript not from WAEC is useless since our high schools are not examination bodies.

I think what you have to do it to go to WAEC and apply for your certificate send to the us embassy or at best visit the regional office of WAEC and ask them how you can get a copy for the embassy. our high school transcript not from WAEC is useless since our high schools are not examination bodies.

Oh ok aiguo thanks so much.so what u saying is that WAEC can giv me something more than just statement of results?