• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

very good forum, helping some of us.
Please l want to find out if the foreign Police report should be mail to me or the USA consular

Thanks

You obtain the required police certificates and take them to the embassy to present during your interview.

pls,I want to find out if u did not include ur family ,in anyway when co ask u do u hv wife,children, what do I hv to say.

If you left them off the entry you will be disqualified.
If you lie about it they may well know about them from your background check and you will be regarded as having made a fraudulent immigration application - denial and possible ban from US.
If you lie about it and some how dont get caught, you can never bring them to come live with you, as they will check the records, find they existed before your entry, and strip you of your green card.

So if you left them off your entry, best not to waste your money on the medicals and interview, and try again next time.

If you left them off the entry you will be disqualified.
If you lie about it they may well know about them from your background check and you will be regarded as having made a fraudulent immigration application - denial and possible ban from US.
If you lie about it and some how dont get caught, you can never bring them to come live with you, as they will check the records, find they existed before your entry, and strip you of your green card.

So if you left them off your entry, best not to waste your money on the medicals and interview, and try again next time.

Perfectly summed up.

pls,I want to find out if u did not include ur family ,in anyway when co ask u do u hv wife,children, what do I hv to say.
i fink you should take the risk and go alone tell them you are unmarried...the chances of them knowing through background check is very very low

People take DV entry process for granted and just fill in anything, only to realize the terrible mistake after they get selected. Classical example !! Hope I'm wrong here though and that you don't have a family you left out.

i fink you should take the risk and go alone tell them you are unmarried...the chances of them knowing through background check is very very low

What a terrible piece of advice.. Hellooo !! This is the US embassy we talking about.

yes did not enter them becos there were not here when I enter into the lottery.

alright so do you honestly believe if you told the US embassy you don't have a family and that you're not even married they won't find out? Well if you strongly believe that then all road leads to the US embassy. It's between you and the C.O

You do realise you are suggesting to the person that he knowingly engage in immigration fraud?

And you are also basically suggesting that he abandon his family to go live in the US. Nice one.

I also wonder how much you actually know of the background checks. You think in this day and age the US grants immigrant visas without even wondering who someone's family is? You think they take everything on the forms at face value? In friendly countries, the US has a good relationship with local authorities and gets all sorts of interesting stuff. In hostile countries, well that is why people from those countries go on AP for so long.

You do realise you are suggesting to the person that he knowingly engage in immigration fraud?

And you are also basically suggesting that he abandon his family to go live in the US. Nice one.

I also wonder how much you actually know of the background checks. You think in this day and age the US grants immigrant visas without even wondering who someone's family is? You think they take everything on the forms at face value? In friendly countries, the US has a good relationship with local authorities and gets all sorts of interesting stuff. In hostile countries, well that is why people from those countries go on AP for so long.
@c capo its ur decision to make

If you bring your problem here you should expect to be told the truth no matter how bitter it might sound in your ear. Otherwise just keep it to yourself and face the consequences of your actions alone. Don't bring a problem here and expect us to help you cheat the system. The odds in this situation is like 20/80 against you, so be prepared to sacrifice about Ghc2,000+ into the thrash bin. Yea the truth hurts buh that's the truth

Sorry, I am utterly confused by this sort of comment. Doesn't your god want you to tell the truth and do what us best for your family? You already lied on one set of forms so would your god want you to continue with that lie or would it be more preferable to abandon your family?
Jesus is the life, the TRUTH, and the only way to heaven.
God loves truth. That is His nature. Anyone who trusts in God must also love and abide with truth.

well dat is what i suggest, i will do dat if i was to be in this situation

Contrary to what you 'fink', in this forum we do not provide information nor encourage people to engage in immigration fraud, so you might want to keep such suggestions to yourself or share it on forums where such is encouraged or you could be banned from here.