• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Bad news for everyone. Visa denied because my first name was not in the right box. According to them my first name appear there as my middle. Even though I have it on my documents. The CO said they want to make sure no one fraud the system. Bad luck for me as I have no way explain that

I have only two names and that's all I told them it could have been a system error but the co was like no no. Hmm

I think the CO has made a mistake in this case, the denial decision is wrong especially if you only have two names listed on the eDV registration and on all your documents.

The embassy just called me to come over Dont know what now... Leaving the office again hmmm

I hope mom is right and you get the visa. If you only have two names I agree they should not have denied it.

But it does show that they are becoming very strict and backs up what we have been saying that people that have completely wrong names (here I mean names not on official documents), wrong dates of birth and so on are likely to be denied.

That does seem a harsh and incorrect denial. If names are wrong they should at least grant someone the courtesy of placing them on AP while they rerun name checks for multiple entries.

Fingers crossed F-LAN

That does seem a harsh and incorrect denial. If names are wrong they should at least grant someone the courtesy of placing them on AP while they rerun name checks for multiple entries.

Fingers crossed F-LAN
when he told me people do fraud the system, i replied saying if i had entered twice atleast the system could have detected it. and i have same names on all documents, no spell error nothing. hmmm

He gave me a letter stating i did not follow the DV rules. the letter did state any fraud issue against me.

i do not understand. what do you mean by "the letter did state any fraud issue against me"
i meant the letter did NOT STATE ANY FRAUD CASE AGAINST ME. i was giving a denial letter with a lot of options and he circled the option that states Did not follow DV Rules.

i meant the letter did NOT STATE ANY FRAUD CASE AGAINST ME. i was giving a denial letter with a lot of options and he circled the option that states Did not follow DV Rules.
did he thick the " no waiver box. .??
so are u currently at the embassy. ..??

Guys I just found out I made a mistake whiles filling the forms for the DV Lottery on the DVL website. Instead of 1992 for my Birth year I made it 1993, Will that be a problem if my name gets selected and I want to correct it...? :(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Guys I just found out I made a mistake whiles filling in the forms for the DV Lottery on the DVL website. Instead of 1992 for my Birth year I made it 1993, Will that be a problem if my name gets selected and I want to correct it...? :(:(:(:(
When did you found out you had made the mistake?
By which year did you enter the ESC page to see your selection notification(1NL)?
Haven't you submitted DS260 yet?

Guys I just found out I made a mistake whiles filling the forms for the DV Lottery on the DVL website. Instead of 1992 for my Birth year I made it 1993, Will that be a problem if my name gets selected and I want to correct it...? :(:(:(:(

It could be a problem, but first of all why don't you see if you are selected - you have around 2% chance.

When did you found out you had made the mistake?
By which year did you enter the ESC page to see your selection notification(1NL)?
Haven't you submitted DS260 yet?

I haven't won yet. This is the forms for the DV lottery 2016 entrants, Instead of 1992 for DOB I mistakenly entered 1993, I want to know if it would be a problem once I get selected ?

I haven't won yet. This is the forms for the DV lottery 2016 entrants, Instead of 1992 for DOB I mistakenly entered 1993, I want to know if it would be a problem once I get selected ?
really interesting. I though you were DV2015 winner.
Anyways, you don't have to worry now. It's too early for that.
There are many similar cases among 2015 winners. You will learn from their outcome. Just pray for the selection.

really interesting. I though you were DV2015 winner.
Anyways, you don't have to worry now. It's too early for that.
There are many similar cases among 2015 winners. You will learn from their outcome. Just pray for the selection.

Thanks. I hope it doesn't affect my application once I am selected :) Goodluck to all 2015 winners :)