• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Your
how long have your been there? which city will you recommend in terms of professional jobs, cost of accommodation (two bed) and ease of transportation?
Your question is legitimate and not premature as some would suggest,every one had a list of Hosts, but the answer to your question made them settle on one.Let NO one ridicule your question.Move on Sir

Your

Your question is legitimate and not premature as some would suggest,every one had a list of Hosts, but the answer to your question made them settle on one.Let NO one ridicule your question.Move on Sir
@Simon, we ve a way of discussing things here. We have no intention of mockn our frnd. Pls, kindly dont make what we said look lik we are mocking enotina ok? @enotina, charlie all for fun ok?

@Simon almost always has a way of twisting issues.. making mountain out of a molehill. Don't you realize its a simple joke? Every thread u go you display your character.. Kenyan forums, Zimbabwean forums, Ghanaian forums gosh !!

@Simon almost always has a way of twisting issues.. making mountain out of a molehill. Don't you realize its a simple joke? Every thread u go you display your character.. Kenyan forums, Zimbabwean forums, Ghanaian forums gosh !!
We are all here as a family and we do understand ourselves alot. For me i am thinking of stopping posting and commenting on issues.

We are all here as a family and we do understand ourselves alot. For me i am thinking of stopping posting and commenting on issues.
please don't.I need to understand your jokes.You might be my neighbor once we migrate.sorry Nana and Citizen.Indeed we are a family and we shall become a big family.

Your

@Simon Ghanaians in general are very friendly people. sometimes we do things or approach issues differently with some jovial remarks but, does not mean we're not serious minded-people. You should get used to us or study us carefully before jumping the gun. i believe @enotina is a Ghanaian and understands how we go about things (correct me if wrong). BACK TO YOUR QUESTION @enotina, after reading @Britsimon 's thread (Some advice about money in the USA for new immigrants), i decided to comb http://newhaven.craigslist.org/ to have a fair idea how much i need to spend on accommodation. the info provided on craiglist may not be 100% genuine but worth looking at. Secondly if you have a host who is already familiar with whatever state you intend to live, will be in a better position to provide accurate info. In terms of transportation, i used Google Maps to identify the various bus/train stations closer to my host and read little about living standards in that area/state. no visa yet but been sniffing/snooping around out of curiosity to educate myself better on these things since migrating to the US is major decision especially when being paid satisfactorily in your home country and okay with your living condition.

oh bro there isn't any perfect group/forum anywhere in the world reasons being that we all have divergent views (that reminds me watch Divergent 2014 movie and you will understand better. ;)). utterances from some group members may annoy you but don't let that discourage you from helping others by posting. mind you some posts maybe seen as useless by some but very useful and life saving for others. keep the fire burning bro (not the Jamaica kind of fire/smoke thing ehehe). charley, anytime i hear reggae music played by someone, i sometimes feel there is some smoke surrounding that person. kikikikiki.:D

oh bro there isn't any perfect group/forum anywhere in the world reasons being that we all have divergent views (that reminds me watch Divergent 2014 movie and you will understand better. ;)). utterances from some group members may annoy you but don't let that discourage you from helping others by posting. mind you some posts maybe seen as useless by some but very useful and life saving for others. keep the fire burning bro (not the Jamaica kind of fire/smoke thing ehehe). charley, anytime i hear reggae music played by someone, i sometimes feel there is some smoke surrounding that person. kikikikiki.:D
@F-Lan, ogyaa oooo ogya!!!!!

BACK TO YOUR QUESTION @enotina, after reading @Britsimon 's thread (Some advice about money in the USA for new immigrants), i decided to comb http://newhaven.craigslist.org/ to have a fair idea how much i need to spend on accommodation. the info provided on craiglist may not be 100% genuine but worth looking at. Secondly if you have a host who is already familiar with whatever state you intend to live, will be in a better position to provide accurate info. In terms of transportation, i used Google Maps to identify the various bus/train stations closer to my host and read little about living standards in that area/state. no visa yet but been sniffing/snooping around out of curiosity to educate myself better on these things since migrating to the US is major decision especially when being paid satisfactorily in your home country and okay with your living condition.

Eminently sensible approach and very good advice!