• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I found out something new about AP cases. After my interview I checked https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status and found that my case had moved from Ready -> Administrative Processing (AP). I got scared because I had not heard / seen that before. It stayed in AP from Tuesday afternoon till about 17:30 gmt today before moving to Issued (now at peace).
Then that means that not all AP cases necessarily means that the embassy in charge is running checks on that case (Even though that will hav more %). some may also be cases that have been approved but the visa is yet to be printed (like my case). I believe this number will be less compared to those the embassy is running checks on.

I found out something new about AP cases. After my interview I checked https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status and found that my case had moved from Ready -> Administrative Processing (AP). I got scared because I had not heard / seen that before. It stayed in AP from Tuesday afternoon till about 17:30 gmt today before moving to Issued (now at peace).
Then that means that not all AP cases necessarily means that the embassy in charge is running checks on that case (Even though that will hav more %). some may also be cases that have been approved but the visa is yet to be printed (like my case). I believe this number will be less compared to those the embassy is running checks on.

It always goes to AP between an interview and issued, as default. That is not "real" AP - real AP is when you are told by the embassy there is a problem.
Congrats on issued status :)

We've always known and shared that info with people ;)

As long as there is error in the edv compared to the DS 260, there will be a possibility of denied. The names order error ( NAMES INTERCHANGE) will be a concern to the CO since that is a common way most people use for multiple entry. As we all know, Ghana is full of agents and applicants who do multiple entries with name interchange along with different birth dates so CO being experienced know this trick. The question is whether the applicant or the agent did multiple entry. The goodnews is that CO might run through the system for multiple entry checks and if sure there was a single entry then the possibility of denied is reduced. So my brother think through!
thanks buddy @aiguo, the super moderator Britsimon, susieQQQ and all others here. well i accidentally found you guys but i've learnt a lot down here and am very proud i did, am most grateful to you all, i've thought about it and maybe just for the benefit of the forum i think there is no need backing out at this latter stage or it maybe a coward act i guess, after all the error is already done, it's a lottery let gamble: hope my lucky star shine on my interview day to face a heaven sent Angle not a CO on 26th....keeping my fingers crossed. i'll keep you guys informed what ever the outcome may be, until then am out. wish you guys luck

It always goes to AP between an interview and issued, as default. That is not "real" AP - real AP is when you are told by the embassy there is a problem.
Congrats on issued status :)
but in my case I was given my collection slip on 17th of March to collect my visa on the 24th of March ie exactly a week after.on reaching the embassy on the 24 of March, I was informed that there was printing challenges and it got nothing to do with my case and to expect a call within 3 day for collection. I was then given another collection slip with open date and time. I never heard from them till 4th May when I recieved a call for my pick up.the message was that "your passport is ready for pick up, remember to bring aong ur collection slip."
However date of issue on the visa was 23rd April

my question is what might have caused this long delay if it was only printing challenges.and between 23rd of April when the visa was printed to 4th of may when I received the call

was this an Ap? SusieQQQ

but in my case I was given my collection slip on 17th of March to collect my visa on the 24th of March ie exactly a week after.on reaching the embassy on the 24 of March, I was informed that there was printing challenges and it got nothing to do with my case and to expect a call within 3 day for collection. I was then given another collection slip with open date and time. I never heard from them till 4th May when I recieved a call for my pick up.the message was that "your passport is ready for pick up, remember to bring aong ur collection slip."
However date of issue on the visa was 23rd April

my question is what might have caused this long delay if it was only printing challenges.and between 23rd of April when the visa was printed to 4th of may when I received the call

was this an Ap? SusieQQQ
Did you doubt the CO's reason for the delay? That wasn't AP since the problem wasn't on your part ...the printing challenge they had wouldn't affect the date of issuance of the visa..

Last edited:
thanks buddy @aiguo, the super moderator Britsimon, susieQQQ and all others here. well i accidentally found you guys but i've learnt a lot down here and am very proud i did, am most grateful to you all, i've thought about it and maybe just for the benefit of the forum i think there is no need backing out at this latter stage or it maybe a coward act i guess, after all the error is already done, it's a lottery let gamble: hope my lucky star shine on my interview day to face a heaven sent Angle not a CO on 26th....keeping my fingers crossed. i'll keep you guys informed what ever the outcome may be, until then am out. wish you guys luck
its well bro. whatsapp me

Greetings to all selectees from Ghana,
I wish to thank you all for your contributions and moderation! I am from Cameroon and currently living in South Africa. I have been following your stories here as I also process my visa.
I wish to advise that we keep our stories within legal limits; and do not try to break US laws or local laws because we want to inform people about the visa process.
And also note that we can as well ask questions directly to the KCC and they are always ready to answer questions on a case by case basis.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Greetings from South Africa,
I wish to thank you all for your contributions and moderation! I am from Cameroon and currently living in South Africa. I have been following your stories here as I also process my visa.
I wish to advise that we keep our stories within legal limits; and do not try to break US laws or local laws because we want to inform people about the visa process.
And also note that we can as well ask questions directly to the KCC and they are always ready to answer questions on a case by case basis.
Cheers,

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded sentence? Considering that the mods work hard to keep it all in line.

Also, KCC is mainly admin and there are many things they cannot, in fact, answer.

I have been following the threads and noticed that guys are going off limits because they already have visas and have traveled to the States. They should be cautioned to limit their reporting. Forums are great but one can run into legal problems. I remember the famous ScoreTop during our GMAT days please!!!

I have been following the threads and noticed that guys are going off limits because they already have visas and have traveled to the States. They should be cautioned to limit their reporting. Forums are great but one can run into legal problems. I remember the famous ScoreTop during our GMAT days please!!!

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what the problem is. Everyone wants to know what life is like in the U.S. What on earth about that can lead to legal problems?

There are a number of us including the moderators who are already living in the U.S...

If you don't understand, then you leave it; those who understand me will heed my advise! I am referring to the visa process not about life in the USA - that's just fine. But reading through the threads, people are over disclosing information that will spoil the whole thing with this website and also the visa process.

Note that all FORUMS are under surveillance and mind the information you divulge...find out about the famous ScoreTop.com scandal...

Last edited:
If you don't understand, then you leave it; those who understand me will heed my advise! I am referring to the visa process not about life in the USA - that's just fine. But reading through the threads, people are over disclosing information that will spoil the whole thing with this website and also the visa process.

Note that all FORUMS are under surveillance and mind the information you divulge...find out about the famous ScoreTop.com scandal...

I have no idea what you are talking about - but rest assured you can leave the moderation and warnings to the moderators. Thank you.

This isn't an exam. I can't be bothered reading up on college exam scandals, it is like comparing apples to roses.
There is nothing wrong with giving people all the information they need to present a valid case and legally obtain their visas. No illegal recommendations are tolerated on the forum. Interview questions are not secret. If anyone from USCIS or anywhere else is spying here, I am sure they are very happy with what they see (when they are not getting bored by half the posts, that is...!!)