• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

which question did u ask ?

CN: AF134XX✔
DS-260 Completed: 05 octobre ✔
Unlock date: 28th-OCT
2nd NL Received:24 February✔
Interview Location : 05 Chemin Cheikh Bachir
Ibrahimi ALGIERS✔
Interview date: April 05, 2015 08:30 AM ✔
Interview result: (NotYet)✔
Is the medical test all done in a few hours ( same day) or some referrals are made to other hospitals in both the akai Hse and Medilab? what is the current rate?
did you move your interview to accra?
i started asking you this question because i thought your interview was in Algiers on 5th april based on your earlier post. I wanted to know whether you have transferred your case to accra but after asking this question twice without a reply i decided not to ask again. I also realise you got a new CN(AF87##)different from your earlier post so I concluded it might be a mistake.

Last edited:
@ Aiguo, 6th or 5th April, 5th is Sunday. Do they work on Sunday?
do not forget its a muslim country so working week is from Sunday–Thursday
CN: AF134XX✔
DS-260 Completed: 05 octobre ✔
Unlock date: 28th-OCT
2nd NL Received:24 February✔
Interview Location : 05 Chemin Cheikh Bachir
Ibrahimi ALGIERS✔
Interview date: April 05, 2015 08:30 AM ✔
Interview result: (NotYet)✔

The embassy request for you to get a new passport with Mrs is because you added Mrs during the edv. The impression should not be that all wives will need to get a new passport with Mrs.

Well, I'm not sure about that, if by "Mrs" you mean the wife takes the husband's surname. The visa must be the same name as the passport. The visa and passport are what the name on the green card will be. And the green card is what your official name in the US will be. So if you want the wife to use the husband's last name, then the green card must reflect the wife's married name, then a passport with the husband's last name is what needs to be done. You can get a change of name done on the green card once you are in the US, but I believe the cost is around $450, which I am sure is a lot more than a new passport.

This is after AP - correct? That is unusual - they might have failed to go over some things with you at the last interview...
i was thinking may be the have receive the confirmation thats why they have given another date apart fromwhat the gave me during my last interview.

Do you know what they were looking for so atleast u can prepare to meet them?
it was a confirmation but it has delayed and beside WAEC wont give a confirmation to me but rather will send to the embassy themselves. so there is nothing one can do except WAEC send it.

Well, I'm not sure about that, if by "Mrs" you mean the wife takes the husband's surname. The visa must be the same name as the passport. The visa and passport are what the name on the green card will be. And the green card is what your official name in the US will be. So if you want the wife to use the husband's last name, then the green card must reflect the wife's married name, then a passport with the husband's last name is what needs to be done. You can get a change of name done on the green card once you are in the US, but I believe the cost is around $450, which I am sure is a lot more than a new passport.
the common practise is that as soon as one starts to use Mrs by adding the husband's name, there is the need for affidavit of a change of name notice n new passport.

the common practise is that as soon as one starts to use Mrs by adding the husband's name, there is the need for affidavit of a change of name notice n new passport.

Then I'm not sure what the point of your post that I answered was, where you said it's only because he married after selection that the new passport is needed... Clearly it is needed for any 'Mrs' as you put it.