• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

We have the police just around where the queue is formed so there's no fear @ all.
And those of u supporting this act like negotiating or talking with the agent am really shocked and I guess we have agents on this platform . How much did the agent spent on just playing the lottery for the ignorant friend in question?
And if it happens that after paying the 10k and he still got denied, may be due to some errors the agents are used to putting people through. Agreement or no agreement that agent should be dealt with and shldn't be paid.
Please those of you supporting this act and coming up with those suggestions please and please keep them to yourselves period. If you found yourselves in such circumstances you can apply them.
you got it wrong bro. as you rightly said, how can you know if the right information was entered?this is only possible by talking to the agent? here we are talking about the agent issue when we do not know the agreement that took place since that part of the story has not been told. i believe that both parties did reach agreement before DS 260 was filled so that is why i am asking them to talk. there is no way to say you are shocked when we do not know what about happened during and after filling the DS2-260. What happens if he go for the interview and got denied due to wrong inputs in edv?

i have printed my friend's ds 260 forms for him. so far the only error as i stated yesterday is his phone number (11 instead of 10 digits).

@De Don,
have you heard this before USA does negotiate with terrorist. Why should I negotiate with a fraudster?

Agree. You should be very suspicious of someone telling you to play nice with someone who is a scamster and tries to scare you from approaching the police about it. Agreement or no agreement, if someone 'agrees' with a scamster out of ignorance that does not create a contract or prevent the police taking action.

Again someone here too eager to defend agents.

We have the police just around where the queue is formed so there's no fear @ all.
And those of u supporting this act like negotiating or talking with the agent am really shocked and I guess we have agents on this platform . How much did the agent spent on just playing the lottery for the ignorant friend in question?
And if it happens that after paying the 10k and he still got denied, may be due to some errors the agents are used to putting people through. Agreement or no agreement that agent should be dealt with and shldn't be paid.
Please those of you supporting this act and coming up with those suggestions please and please keep them to yourselves period. If you found yourselves in such circumstances you can apply them.

Very well said.

you got it wrong bro. as you rightly said, how can you know if the right information was entered?this is only possible by talking to the agent? here we are talking about the agent issue when we do not know the agreement that took place since that part of the story has not been told. i believe that both parties did reach agreement before DS 260 was filled so that is why i am asking them to talk. there is no way to say you are shocked when we do not know what about happened during and after filling the DS2-260. What happens if he go for the interview and got denied due to wrong inputs in edv?

You support blackmail, nice. No wonder agents do so well there with this kind of attitude from ordinary people...

Thanks Boss, u said it all.
They agreed on an amount b4 filing the DS260 form.

How do you know what they agreed, were you there?
It sounded to me like the usual scam agent procedure - that the person only finds out about the new "fee" later and anyway the whole thing was presented under false pretenses to begin with so even if there was an agreement to pay the second amount it is invalid because of FRAUD. DV winners, be happy you can move somewhere where people trying these kind of moves get sent to prison.

Maybe britsimon will join me in this:

I have decided to write a letter, with copies to the Accra embassy, KCC and the Department of state about this situation in Ghana. There is aready precedent in Moldova for them changing notification slightly to avoid people getting fleeced by agents. I think they should do it in Ghana too. I will also suggest some form of publicity campaign to warn people that what agents say they can do like increasing chances of winning, is false.

I cannot STAND it to see people being scammed by unscrupulous people and it is especially sad when ordinary people like aiguo, who I am sure is a very nice, decent and honest person, think they are obliged to go along with someone who has done something under false pretenses.

I GUESS U TOT ME HOW TO BE AN AGENT.

It's very clear from all you have posted here repeatedly about all the time you spend at the embassy in the queue with DV winners and talking to them...you claim to know everything about the process and that you have seen many entries and many forms... and and defending agents...though by your reaction you obviously charge less than GHC10000, I guess your price goes up now...

I have banned DeDon, because his comments and attitudes were threatening in a veiled way. I'm not going to sit and ignore that sort of behaviour. Aiguo, please be careful with your comments.

The only way to deal with scammers is to stand up to them. On the day that Thowa attends his interview it would be nice if a couple of friends could be in the line to give "moral" support. I don't give a crap if a deal was agreed, scammers lose because their only way to win is through the ignorance of others.

Thowa, do not recreate the 2nl. Don't be a part of that, figure out a way to get the medical with the email and DS260.

Maybe britsimon will join me in this:

I have decided to write a letter, with copies to the Accra embassy, KCC and the Department of state about this situation in Ghana. There is aready precedent in Moldova for them changing notification slightly to avoid people getting fleeced by agents. I think they should do it in Ghana too. I will also suggest some form of publicity campaign to warn people that what agents say they can do like increasing chances of winning, is false.

I cannot STAND it to see people being scammed by unscrupulous people and it is especially sad when ordinary people like aiguo, who I am sure is a very nice, decent and honest person, think they are obliged to go along with someone who has done something under false pretenses.

Agreed 100% and happy to help.

I have banned DeDon, because his comments and attitudes were threatening in a veiled way. I'm not going to sit and ignore that sort of behaviour. Aiguo, please be careful with your comments.

The only way to deal with scammers is to stand up to them. On the day that Thowa attends his interview it would be nice if a couple of friends could be in the line to give "moral" support. I don't give a crap if a deal was agreed, scammers lose because their only way to win is through the ignorance of others.

Thowa, do not recreate the 2nl. Don't be a part of that, figure out a way to get the medical with the email and DS260.

It also occurred to me after I responded above that de don had used threats by saying the person would be harmed by the agent if they did not pay the fee. This is quite simply criminal, anywhere.

I quite disagree my brother. Some agents, after filling n submitting the edv entry, will just tell you "go when you are selected we will call you". When you get selected and they call you, that's when they demand exorbitant, ridiculous fees. I think that's what happened to that friend in question.

its also been reported here that agents get people to use them under false pretenses, like saying they can increase chances of winning. That is fraud and any agreement based on fraud is invalid. So while I think your scenario is probably what happened, even if there was an 'agreement' it was based on misrepresentation.