• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Current means you'll be scheduled for an interview. It's a good thing.

Your question is a little open, so a couple of things - when your number goes current, it means you'll be scheduled, if the region goes current it means everyone remaining in the region will be scheduled if possible.
Thank you guestgulkan. Sorry, I was vague.
I did mean when the region goes current. So thank you for addressing both possibilities.
Just to clarify, when I see in the Visa Bulletin that the Oceania status is "current" rather than a number, such as '1295' for example. It means there is still hope I may get scheduled an interview? I should just keep an eye out for an email? Or do I need to try and contact the embassy and schedule one myself?
My apologies for all the questions. I've just been told so many different things about what is means when the region goes current and can't really find a place where I can get clear cut answers.
A few people have told me that once the region is current it means all the green cards for that region have been given out and that interviews will no longer be scheduled as there are none left.

I did mean when the region goes current. So thank you for addressing both possibilities.
Just to clarify, when I see in the Visa Bulletin that the Oceania status is "current" rather than a number, such as '1295' for example. It means there is still hope I may get scheduled an interview? I should just keep an eye out for an email? Or do I need to try and contact the embassy and schedule one myself?
My apologies for all the questions. I've just been told so many different things about what is means when the region goes current and can't really find a place where I can get clear cut answers.
A few people have told me that once the region is current it means all the green cards for that region have been given out and that interviews will no longer be scheduled as there are none left.

That's not true. In fact it's the opposite. Theoretically, when the region goes current, it means there are sufficient visas for those left in the pool. Unfortunately, OC won't go current this year.

What is your number @HopefulGirl? Don't give us the full number. Just the first couple of digits (e.g. my case number is 9xx).

If the region goes CURRENT, check on the DVLottery ESC page again. It will get updated with your scheduled interview date.

Gotta say, it's an awesome feeling when your Visa arrives in the mail!

Couple of questions;

1) Do I need to do anything about 'Chest X-Ray Film'? It's mentioned on the back of the sealed envelope but the check-box is not ticked.
2) My IV Case Number is (slightly) different to my original DV Case Number... Is this normal?

Also - has anyone heard from @martinskypemartin ? I think I saw him and his family being interviewed on the day at the same time as me... hope they got through.

Couple of questions;

1) Do I need to do anything about 'Chest X-Ray Film'? It's mentioned on the back of the sealed envelope but the check-box is not ticked.
2) My IV Case Number is (slightly) different to my original DV Case Number... Is this normal?

Also - has anyone heard from @martinskypemartin ? I think I saw him and his family being interviewed on the day at the same time as me... hope they got through.
They always tell you to take the chest X-ray. To date no one has wanted it from me :)
If by different you mean there is an 01 at the end (or something like that) yes it's normal.

Couple of questions;

we took ur chest x rays never needed them at POE, when we got back to Aus, we threw them out, we have a CD copy anyways as a backup for when we return, if we need them

Hi DV Family,

Happy to say that we've (My wife) received the email couple of weeks ago saying that we got an interview on 8th June at 8AM at the Suva US Embassy here in Fiji.

Now the thing is, that I have to travel to Brisbane for a day's workshop on the 11th June so - fly out on the 10th and return on the 12th on June.

Does anyone know or who have been through the interview know that the passport can be return later that day when you're interview is done and you're successful? How should I do this?

Bit confused and worried - please help!

God bless and good luck to you all!

Hi DV Family,

Happy to say that we've (My wife) received the email couple of weeks ago saying that we got an interview on 8th June at 8AM at the Suva US Embassy here in Fiji.

Now the thing is, that I have to travel to Brisbane for a day's workshop on the 11th June so - fly out on the 10th and return on the 12th on June.

Does anyone know or who have been through the interview know that the passport can be return later that day when you're interview is done and you're successful? How should I do this?

Bit confused and worried - please help!

God bless and good luck to you all!
That's great news Pranish! Each embassy has different timelines for returning passports so I think you'll have to ask the embassy in Suva. Most people in Sydney got their passports back same week but mine took longer due to the Christmas break so I would say there's just no guarantee even if they give you a timeline. They told me 2 weeks and it was over 2 weeks for me.

I highly doubt they'll be able get it back to you in time for your trip as they have to finish processing and print a visa to put in your passport. Maybe you could ask to keep your passport and return it for processing after your trip, if you are approved? This could be risky though if it means they put you in administrative processing. Is there any way you can change your trip?

I think Suva will allow you to pick up the passport, @Pranish. Perhaps email them and ask?

And congrats on your interview! I know you've been waiting a while!

Hello! I'm a bit confused about how interview dates work. My number is 12xx (below 1250) which I think means I'll be current for July. Does anyone know how long it will be before I'll get an interview scheduled? Will I definitely get one? I've been checking my email compulsively to see if I've received anything from the KCC and it's making me a bit crazy! I submitted my DS-260 mid last year. I'm keen to know what date it might be as I'm to be away for work in the first week and a half of July, so if it clashes will need to let work know.

Hello! I'm a bit confused about how interview dates work. My number is 12xx (below 1250) which I think means I'll be current for July. Does anyone know how long it will be before I'll get an interview scheduled? Will I definitely get one? I've been checking my email compulsively to see if I've received anything from the KCC and it's making me a bit crazy! I submitted my DS-260 mid last year. I'm keen to know what date it might be as I'm to be away for work in the first week and a half of July, so if it clashes will need to let work know.

2NLs should be out within a week, possibly by this weekend. You'll be in that batch.

I think Suva will allow you to pick up the passport, @Pranish. Perhaps email them and ask?

And congrats on your interview! I know you've been waiting a while!

Hi Emily,

My wife is the principle applicant, and in fact she did email Suva US Embassy in regards to this last weekend, but no reply yet. She had a call from the Embassy just briefing her on her interview date and outlining her the requirements over the phone. Well she did mention that I have to fly to Brisbane on the 10th and return on the 12th of June. I would defer this workshop but I'm being sent from work. I just went and lodged my Visa for Australia yesterday, good thing is that they return your passport and the visa will be electronic.

The things is... I have not told anyone at work because we have not been approved yet. The thing is, if we get approved and they keep my passport for mailing back to me.... What would I say at work when its time for me to fly on the 10th???

Oh what is God's plan?

You're just going to have to hope like heck that they process it quick and that you can pick it up

OR

as Essey said, outline your issue to them. They might be able to let you take the passport for the work trip and then process the visa when you get back.

My trust and hope is with God that they let me pick it up like later in the day of the interview.. since its a 8AM..

So lets assume that if they let me take my passport for my work trip, will I get a letter or some sort of document which states that my DV has been approved and I will get a Visa sticker? what would your assumption be?

have blessed day!

My trust and hope is with God that they let me pick it up like later in the day of the interview.. since its a 8AM..

So lets assume that if they let me take my passport for my work trip, will I get a letter or some sort of document which states that my DV has been approved and I will get a Visa sticker? what would your assumption be?

have blessed day!

No. The assumption would be (assuming you want it back before their normal processing time) that they give you your passport back to travel, then after you are back home you send it back to the embassy to get your visa put in.

OK.. When the lady or assistant called my wife for the briefing; then my wife did mention to her that I need to fly out in two days after interview right... and then the assistant mentioned that it should be fine, when you come back then you can send in you passport for us to stamp and send back.

Now the whats eating me is that... will they give me some sort of confirmation letter saying to bring your passport back for stamping? I seriously do not want to miss out

I'm also expecting my 2nl this round and I'm glad I'm not alone with my compulsive email checking! I want the date so I can start planning my trip to Sydney :)

OK.. When the lady or assistant called my wife for the briefing; then my wife did mention to her that I need to fly out in two days after interview right... and then the assistant mentioned that it should be fine, when you come back then you can send in you passport for us to stamp and send back.

Now the whats eating me is that... will they give me some sort of confirmation letter saying to bring your passport back for stamping? I seriously do not want to miss out

Hi Pranish

As I mentioned in the PM to you, you can talk to Fiji Immigration and explain this scenario to them - I believe they can issue you a temporary letter as a replacement for your passport. This will be signed by Director Immigration. Leave negotiation with US Embassy as the last option.

Me & huzband both re-entered - neither of us was selected. So holding out hope that we get processed for 2015... also going to start looking into other visa options. I'm researching the NIW right now because I have a PhD. Regular ole DV would be easier though!
What is the NIW?