• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Oh I feel your pain! I nearly cried like a baby during the Hep A & B ones.

I got bitten by a white tail last night. My arm looks like a chicken drumstick. :confused:

@reeko we have our May interview in the morning after 9am - feel free to touch base if you see us - we will be the family with the 2 daughters looking TOTALLY BORED because security took their "everything elelctronic" for a mere few minutes of their precious lives .. haha.

@EmilyW - the White Tail bite reminded me of another topic - don't forget to get health insurance ... was talking to a friend of ours this arvo - she married a US Marine, then US enlisted, and years later is back in Aus as a house mom with lots of kids. She was recalling how just after she was (honorably) discharged after a MV accident around base camp, she gave birth to one of her children and for some reason I don't understand was not covered by the US Veterans healthcare anymore - cost her many many US thousands for the delivery in the States, and regretted not coming home (the other home!) to Aus for the free delivery, with all US medical bills having to be paid upfront even before the Doctor would return her calls.

Anyway, back to the Spider - the comment is that as in my experience as a healthcare professional, many White Tails may require antibiotics otherwise they will fester, granulate and scar. Along with the injection of the allergen / protein venom are many mixed bacteria and muck. [This is general non-diagnostic information of course.] FYI.

Yes, I got antibiotics tonight. It didn't seem so bad last night but this morning and during the day, it got worse. So I'm on medication for the next week.

Congrats on getting your visas and passports back Emily. It sure is a nice feeling to have those. Watch that bite, those damn white tips are nasty. Glad to leave those buggers behind. Its snowing here in Colorado and I have to drive to Denver to pick up a friend from the airport, quietly crapping myself again lol. Never driven in snow before. Glad I hired a Jeep.

Deb I want to hear all about Colorado!! maybe on the FB page? They carry survival kits in their car when it snows heavily. Emily, I hope you are ok and your bite doesn't cause any major problems.

Congrats again to all the people who have been successful in their interviews. How excited must you be ??!! Spring is finally springing in the Northern Hemisphere and it feels GOOD, so very good :) The pool guy has been and started to set the pool up, although it won't be warm enough to swim just yet.
We are taking a road trip to Florida next week, first time at Disney so we are all very excited !!

Congrats again to all the people who have been successful in their interviews. How excited must you be ??!! Spring is finally springing in the Northern Hemisphere and it feels GOOD, so very good :) The pool guy has been and started to set the pool up, although it won't be warm enough to swim just yet.
We are taking a road trip to Florida next week, first time at Disney so we are all very excited !!

Enjoy Disney, and don't forget to make time for Universal too!

Anyone else looking at that bloody dollar and crying, from the time we started this exercise until now we are going to lose 30% of our money when we transfer it all to American dollars, it's making me wonder whether this is actually what I want ( has anyone else had these awful thoughts) :(

Anyone else looking at that bloody dollar and crying, from the time we started this exercise until now we are going to lose 30% of our money when we transfer it all to American dollars, it's making me wonder whether this is actually what I want ( has anyone else had these awful thoughts) :(

Certainly makes a big difference. Timing is everything.

I just got back from the US last week, and yes the Dollar is killing me at the moment. Everything that looks "cheap" ends up being a lot more when you factor in tax + tip + 30% in the Aud Dollar.

I think Ill be keeping ym house here in Aus and waiting of the AUD $ to get stronger before moving any money over there

Reactions: CC1
I have been tracking it the last few months. It would be nice if next year it bounced back up, I don't know if it will get over the $1.00 mark for a while though. Then again I really have no idea regarding economics ha

The dollar bounced a little this week because of the lower unemployment rates, which will make the Reserve Bank think twice about a rate cut next week. What we need is a rate increase but it will be a few months before that happens IMO.

We're selling our house (the market is too hot not to), but leaving the money here and only transferring if / when we need to.

@EmilyW
Its a big decision on my end what we are going to do. We are unsure if we want to sell, or rent our house out and keep an investment in Australia as "Backup" just in case things don't work out. (Which I am not counting on anyways) They say don't put all your eggs in on basket. So the next few months will consist of speaking to experts and financial planners and working out best way to do it. Only Issue I have with leaving the house here is having to pay tax on rental income in Australia... Which I don't really want to do.