• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Here's a random and slightly off-topic question to those already living in the US: Do any of you know any websites which do daily deals for homewares, appliances, clothing etc. Like OzSale and Temple and Webster in Australia. I don't mean the ones which give you coupons or restaurant deals, just sales on items. I've tried googling but not finding anything similar.

Hi Essey,

I'm not familiar with the Australian deal sites that you mentioned but as you can imagine, there are a ton here. I'd suggest signing up for:
  • Woot (owned by Amazon)
  • Amazon (Gold Box Deal of the Day)
  • overstock.com
  • DailySteals
  • LivingSocial
  • Groupon

When you arrive you should check out T.J. Maxx and CostCo.

@OC_EMS not long now!!! I will keep an eye out for the pearly whites :) getting nervous and excited now still waiting for all our medical stuff to be signed off as ok - talk about cutting it fine. Hope you got to enjoy a little holiday when you were away - see you on the 25th argh!!!

Wow. only an increase of 50 for January.. that's a little disappointing and almost unprecedented. Things leveling out a bit. Although I guess objectively its still a good pace.

Last edited:
Guys, I have updated the spreadsheet with the new VB update. Only a jump of 50 but we are still ahead of previous years (check the spreadsheet).

Traditionally, there has always been a big jump between January and February (in the range of 100) so hopefully we get back to bigger jumps next month.

[QUOTEilyW, post: 2372471, member: 91"]Guys, I have updated the spreadsheet with the new VB update. Only a jump of 50 but we are still ahead of previous years (check the spreadsheet).

Traditionally, there has always been a big jump between January and February (in the range of 100) so hopefully we get back to bigger jumps next month.[/QUOTE

I hope you're right. Im sweating on a February interview

Here's a random and slightly off-topic question to those already living in the US: Do any of you know any websites which do daily deals for homewares, appliances, clothing etc. Like OzSale and Temple and Webster in Australia. I don't mean the ones which give you coupons or restaurant deals, just sales on items. I've tried googling but not finding anything similar.

Essey craigslist.com is huge in the US. Its a bit like gumtree here except much bigger. Its great for accommodation, vehicles and used/new gear. I bought my 2003 subaru outback, 104000 miles for $4.500. via craigslist. Its hard trying to find US stuff from OZ as the engines direct you to OZ sites. Freakin annoying. For starters Ikea is as cheap as chips over there. Nothing like the oz prices. If you can wait it will be like unlocking pandoras box. The variety and choice is amazing.

@OC_EMS not long now!!! I will keep an eye out for the pearly whites :) getting nervous and excited now still waiting for all our medical stuff to be signed off as ok - talk about cutting it fine. Hope you got to enjoy a little holiday when you were away - see you on the 25th argh!!!

Yup I hear you, definitely excited and a little nervous. If I dont pull this off its all over red rover for me. But I am going to make it happen. :D
Heading to office works this morning to to finalize presentation.
Thank you I loved Bali! Wasnt previously a destination high on my list but Ill head back just not to the tourist areas.
x fingers for you re the medical. Im sure youll be fine. Lets talk again before SYD.

Essey craigslist.com is huge in the US. Its a bit like gumtree here except much bigger. Its great for accommodation, vehicles and used/new gear. I bought my 2003 subaru outback, 104000 miles for $4.500. via craigslist. Its hard trying to find US stuff from OZ as the engines direct you to OZ sites. Freakin annoying. For starters Ikea is as cheap as chips over there. Nothing like the oz prices. If you can wait it will be like unlocking pandoras box. The variety and choice is amazing.
Yeah I known all about craigslist, their best of section is hilarious! I'm was pretty much looking for a very specific thing, not just the usual online shopping sites like Amazon the sites but the ones that have limited time deals on new things, but not the coupon sites either. I found exactly the ones I like in Australia but as you say, with the search engine optimisation, it's hard to search for U.S. sites. Looks like there's a few out there so when I get there I'm sure I'll find them. It's the #greencardproblems equivalent of the #firstworldproblems hash tag. :p

Yeah I known all about craigslist, their best of section is hilarious! I'm was pretty much looking for a very specific thing, not just the usual online shopping sites like Amazon the sites but the ones that have limited time deals on new things, but not the coupon sites either. I found exactly the ones I like in Australia but as you say, with the search engine optimisation, it's hard to search for U.S. sites. Looks like there's a few out there so when I get there I'm sure I'll find them. It's the #greencardproblems equivalent of the #firstworldproblems hash tag. :p

There are website called Groupon and some similar sites that have limited time deals.

A small jump of 50 is very bleak. I was hoping for 100 at least, preferably 150. Looks like another high density year -- very bad for high number people.

A small jump of 50 is very bleak. I was hoping for 100 at least, preferably 150. Looks like another high density year -- very bad for high number people.

No, don't read too much into it. Whilst OC is not on a scale such as Nepal, it could be that Sydney (the city that sleeps DVWise until Tuesday morning) just wants to clear out the backlog from the first 650. That number was pretty high anyway, as it is almost halfway through the likely final number, after only 3 months....

That was my thought too, Simon. We know there are people who went current in December who won't interview until January. This looks like they are trying to clear the backlog.

This isn't even a bad number. It could have been worse: i.e. no jump at all. Statistically speaking, one result does not a pattern make.

No, don't read too much into it. Whilst OC is not on a scale such as Nepal, it could be that Sydney (the city that sleeps DVWise until Tuesday morning) just wants to clear out the backlog from the first 650. That number was pretty high anyway, as it is almost halfway through the likely final number, after only 3 months....

I was beginning to hope we were well short of half way! What's your current estimate on the final number?

Hey Britsimon - curious as to what's your feel on 2015 overall. Do you feel it will be a shamozle like 2014, or do you think they've worked out the kinks? Sadly, I didn't get drawn for 2015, but holding out hope for 2016.

Hey Britsimon - curious as to what's your feel on 2015 overall. Do you feel it will be a shamozle like 2014, or do you think they've worked out the kinks? Sadly, I didn't get drawn for 2015, but holding out hope for 2016.

2014 may be the new normal. From KCC point of view they didn't screw anything up in 2014, and OC probably hit its quota....

Hi, Thank you so much for everyone who posts their experiences on this forum. I'm so glad I found it. I have been selected forDV2015, but after the January cut off of 700, I think my chances are pretty slim. I was hoping this year would be better given the good start. My number is OC…..17XX. Would someone be able to tell me what the highest known OC case number is for 2015? I wish they would be transparent and say how many visas are to be allocated to OC.

Hi, Thank you so much for everyone who posts their experiences on this forum. I'm so glad I found it. I have been selected forDV2015, but after the January cut off of 700, I think my chances are pretty slim. I was hoping this year would be better given the good start. My number is OC…..17XX. Would someone be able to tell me what the highest known OC case number is for 2015? I wish they would be transparent and say how many visas are to be allocated to OC.

They won't say how many will be allocated because they don't know. They will have a target in mind, but the actual allocation it could be more or less depending on responses and up takes from various regions.

Last edited:

Eeven if they were transparent about the quota, that wouldn't help since you don't know the density. I think the quota will have increased slightly for OC though, and based on last year it isn't impossible that we might see the cutoff starting with 17, but it will be tight/risky - and needless to say, 1701 is a heck of a lot better than 1799.