• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Does your WordPress back end allow for reblogging of posts, Simon? I wouldn't mind reblogging it in its entirety onto my WordPress site (which would have a redirect to the original article, of course), rather than just copy-pasting it.

I'm looking at that now Adrian....

Hey Emily,

I am interviewing in Sydney. 9th of December.
That's a great date! I have to wait until 23 December. Makes me wonder how they allocate these dates given I was current in November but still ended up with an interview after you (looks like I just scraped into December). Do you remember what date exactly you submitted your DS260 in May?

Just wanted to say you've got an awesome blog Crawf :) I read it every now and then, since it gives me something to look forward to, when I'm hopefully selected next year! By the way, I noticed your QUT jumper, which is awesome because I'm studying there myself! I'm here right now, in the library, studying for an exam hehe a lot has changed here though (except for the sunny weather of course).

That's a great date! I have to wait until 23 December. Makes me wonder how they allocate these dates given I was current in November but still ended up with an interview after you (looks like I just scraped into December). Do you remember what date exactly you submitted your DS260 in May?

I think it is by by star sign order and height.... that would explain the wacky way they do things....

I submitted my DS-260 on the 28th of May.

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that I had my interview this morning in Sydney and I got my visa. it was a piece of cake. Only issues were was that there was about 10 of us doing the same thing which means the whole process took about 90 minutes and also the credit card machine broke down, luckily I had cash with me, a lot of others didnt and had to go back downstairs. The interview itself was super chilled and just what Id expected. So my only advise if you have all your docs sorted is to just make sure you take $363 in cash, write your address on the 3kg express envelope, dont stress and take a bottle of water with you as this isnt any on level 59.

If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks to anyone that has helped me out on this whole process.

Congrats mate!

Reactions: CC1
From what I gather, no two processing of DS260s is the same. Some will require more checking and processing than others. I also read somewhere that some are cross checked by another person to ensure veracity and accuracy.

Either way, congrats Matt! Super news. I've updated our spreadsheet accordingly.

Hi guys. Good luck to all those interviewing. I have a question. If you are going under work experience do they expect you to work in that profession? May sound like a stupid question but I was hoping to destress my life a little and look for a less stressful job. I am assuming they probably do, but then if you are going under education, which indicates you qualify for uni, they don't necessarily expect you to go to uni. The whole point is that you are employable isnt it? Just something I thought I'd ask so I am prepared. Thanks

Hi guys. Good luck to all those interviewing. I have a question. If you are going under work experience do they expect you to work in that profession? May sound like a stupid question but I was hoping to destress my life a little and look for a less stressful job. I am assuming they probably do, but then if you are going under education, which indicates you qualify for uni, they don't necessarily expect you to go to uni. The whole point is that you are employable isnt it? Just something I thought I'd ask so I am prepared. Thanks

All they are really lookimg for is reassurance that you won't become a public charge. Your work experience basically will demonstrate that you can find a job decent enough to support yourself. That's all they are really interested in.
I'm going the less stressful job route too ;)

In our interview they did ask both my husband and I what we planned to do there, but obviously they can't force you to do any particular jobs once you are there!

I sure hope they don't expect me to work in my current profession (auditor). I was looking to the US for a bit of a career change and to try something a little different.

Same here Emily. Well time will tell. I am trying to live in the present and not think too far ahead but geez its hard. I hadnt looked on here in a while but remembered some interviews were happening today and thought id better have a peep. As soon as I look I get all excited and stressed again. Waiting waiting....

Tuesdays is like my favourite but also most stressy day of the week when it comes to the DV.

Happy for my fellow OCers but desperate for it to be my turn!

Reactions: CC1