• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

So Medibank just called me back to confirm my appointment, I spoke with a really nice lady called Emma who apologised for not getting back to me sooner and confirmed what you said about the fact that they have just started doing these and were a little understaffed! Sounds like you just got a grumpy person the day you called, Blondie. I'm booked in for this Wednesday (eek!) and she has asked me to email my vaccination history to her earlier if possible, which will be scanning and emailing her tonight. This is so they can order any vaccines that I still need. Based on the lists people have posted here, I have pretty much all the vaccinations except varicella already so I opted to not get one of those immunity blood tests and just pay for any additional vaccines on the day.

She told me that the x-rays are done on Collins St which are about 10 minutes walk from the clinic and they don't have to be done on the same day, but you just rock up with your referral to do that, you don't need an appointment, but I'll probably try and do it the same day. I was told it'll be about $520 including x-rays all up and not including any extra vaccinations. She also confirmed the medical was valid for 6 months (which we already knew). She's also going to email me some info sometime today but not exactly sure what. Apparently it takes about a week to get all the tests back and complete the medical, after which time you go back and pick it up. I'll post what the email says and how the medical goes on Wednesday for sure!

Thanks for the info!! :) Oh I did get a lovely lady when I called - it was the other clinic, Bridge St, that wasn't very helpful :)
$520 eh... their website says $447.. https://www.medibankhealth.com.au/content.asp?id=815

Did you have chickenpox as a kid? The vaccination is kinda pricey! I had chickenpox as a kid so my blood test shows immunity + the less needles I have to get the better :p

Thanks for the info!! :) Oh I did get a lovely lady when I called - it was the other clinic, Bridge St, that wasn't very helpful :)
$520 eh... their website says $447.. https://www.medibankhealth.com.au/content.asp?id=815

Did you have chickenpox as a kid? The vaccination is kinda pricey! I had chickenpox as a kid so my blood test shows immunity + the less needles I have to get the better :p

I think that the website price doesn't include the X-ray, whereas the $520 price was inclusive. I did have chickenpox as a kid, but I honestly couldn't be bothered with going to my other doc and getting another blood test etc, as my doc doesn't bulk bill it'd probably end up costing me the same anyway plus more work so I'll just cop it if need be! Luckily there's only me but for a family I can imagine it will add up.

Edit: I just looked at the website and saw that the amount you said is including X-ray. I'll ask about that when I go to my appointment!

Last edited:
Hmm ok. Not sure if I have this, my interview is tomorrow at 8am so I better go looking
Matt in your 2NL it told us to (below is all cut n paste)

"Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. The Diversity Lottery Fee for each applicant and each member of the family must be paid in full before the visa interview and is non-refundable, even if the visa is refused for any reason."

Below is the page they direct you to.

4. Gather Photographs and All Remaining Required Documents
Photographs

Each DV applicant will need to bring two (2) identical photos to the interview. Please review the detailed information about photo requirements to ensure that your photos will be acceptable.

Required Documentation

Each applicant will be required to present the following:

• Appointment information printed from the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website
  • DS-260 confirmation page You can print this from the Consular Electronic Application Center any time after you complete your DS-260 application.
  • Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa.
  • Original documents or certified copies of all applicable civil documents, and one photocopy of each document. Follow the instructions on the previous page, Prepare Supporting Documents.
All the best

Hey all,

I received my interview date last Friday. It is set for the 9th of December. I have neatly organised all required documentation, and am about to book my medical. = )

A lot of people talk about the 1NL and 2NL. I have always been curious as to what they actually are. I know the NL stands for Notification Letter but am not sure as to when they are sent and what the contents of them are. Is the 2NL simply your interview date ??

Wait! I just found the answer Britsimon posted it in the Cameroon forum... Thanks again Britsimon.

"The ESC will not reject your confirmation number - if you are not current you will see you "you have been selected" letter (1NL). If you have been scheduled for interview the 1NL is replaced by the 2NL/appointment details. "

Last edited:
Obviously this forum is the best place for information on the lottery process and some of the hurdles we all face, but I thought I'd throw in a sneaky plug for my blog again.

Every few months I throw open the floor to my readers to see what they want to know, and answer questions they might pose. I've done that again today, right here.

There have been questions about the lottery process itself, questions about different elements of relocating and getting set up here, questions about lifestyle and other differences between here and Australia, and plenty more.

So I’d love to hear from you all – leave me a comment and I’ll try to answer them all!

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that I had my interview this morning in Sydney and I got my visa. it was a piece of cake. Only issues were was that there was about 10 of us doing the same thing which means the whole process took about 90 minutes and also the credit card machine broke down, luckily I had cash with me, a lot of others didnt and had to go back downstairs. The interview itself was super chilled and just what Id expected. So my only advise if you have all your docs sorted is to just make sure you take $363 in cash, write your address on the 3kg express envelope, dont stress and take a bottle of water with you as this isnt any on level 59.

If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks to anyone that has helped me out on this whole process.

Well I just got an email from Medibank confirming my appointment and she sent me the fees which say $447, so I think she made a mistake quoting $520 the other day! It doesn't provide that much info other than this:

"You must bring a passport size photo, a valid passport, and if you have a copy of the "Medical Examination Instructions" letter from the USconsulate or email if available, or any relevant medical records.

Please eat and drink normally; there is no need to fast before the medical examination.

The clinic appointment will take between 1 and 2 hours to complete. Xray is completed offsite after your appointment."

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that I had my interview this morning in Sydney and I got my visa. it was a piece of cake. Only issues were was that there was about 10 of us doing the same thing which means the whole process took about 90 minutes and also the credit card machine broke down, luckily I had cash with me, a lot of others didnt and had to go back downstairs. The interview itself was super chilled and just what Id expected. So my only advise if you have all your docs sorted is to just make sure you take $363 in cash, write your address on the 3kg express envelope, dont stress and take a bottle of water with you as this isnt any on level 59.

CONGRATS!!! Very happy to hear it all went well.

Hi Guys,

Congratulations!

Hi Guys,

Awesome Matt! Congrats!!;)

Hi Guys,

Way to go mate. What's the plan from here out?

Way to go mate. What's the plan from here out?

Thanks Crawf. Plans are very loose but at the moment im trying to save coin and start to search for jobs and once I have either enough money or the right job Ill move over. Im looking at an eventual move to NYC but not 100% certain yet. Any hints on job hunting would be great!