• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I contacted them to enquire about the status of our application and got a slightly different response:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2015 program will begin in October 2014 and conclude on September 30, 2015. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers beginning August 2014. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter.

Another standard response. Yours means your forms have not been completed, so your interview could not be scheduled even if you are current. The "pending embassy review" one is what they say when forms are completed processing and can be scheduled when current.

Just a note for people exiting Australia - the $AU is in freefall. If you haven't exchanged at a higher rate, now might be the time. Even now, if you're moving 100k, you're 6k poorer than you were three weeks ago! It's pretty scary stuff.

It's been lower this year. And I remember years ago when it was wayyyyy lower than now.

The Aussie dollar will eventually settle between 75 and 85 and that's a good spot for it. It has been artificially inflated - IMO - as a result of the GFC. We got used to it but it's not normal and not sustainable.

It will settle, especially once the US starts lifting interest rates. IMO of course.

Last edited:
Might be a time thing. Not entirely sure of the system back in the 80's but I sat both 6th and 7th form certs in 2001/2002 and only have university entrance shown against my 7th form year. CC1, let us know what NZQA responds in case others are in a similar situation.
Hi All, As yet NZQA has not responded to my email but the NZ American Consulate emailed me back and said I Quote " Provided you can present confirmation from the NZQA of the completion of your Sixth Form Education/Certificate, that will meet the DV educational requirement" End Quote, so I am going to take along the NZQA Certified Statement Saying I entered the Sixth Form Certificate Award and gained the results as below.......and I have also gained a statement from my school stating I studied there during the years 81-85, hopefully the Sydney Consulate will accept what the NZ American Consulate has stated to me :))

Has any I've got an interview letter this week at all?

I have been reading carefully but seems like nothing this week yet at all

Also do embassies do interviews over the xmas new year break or do they close down for a few weeks?

I contacted them to enquire about the status of our application and got a slightly different response:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2015 program will begin in October 2014 and conclude on September 30, 2015. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers beginning August 2014. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter.

I pretty much got the same response. Generic Email, no real help. I am current with 1xx number but I put my ds-260 in late july. Hoping I will get selected for interview shortly.

Emily I think AimLK are 4xx they interview in Nov.
Hi OC_EMS hope you are feeling better!! we have two swings at the ball... My husband CN7x (nov interview) and me CN7xx (if needed).

Btw I can't work out how to personal message?

It's been lower this year. And I remember years ago when it was wayyyyy lower than now.

The Aussie dollar will eventually settle between 75 and 85 and that's a good spot for it. It has been artificially inflated - IMO - as a result of the GFC. We got used to it but it's not normal and not sustainable.

It will settle, especially once the US starts lifting interest rates. IMO of course.

Yeah I remember the 'Pacific Peso' years, but I'm not keen to see them return. It's surely inevitable that we'll fall further, so if you're still carrying $A, cash out now folks.

There's no real need to panic. The dollar will drop but that doesn't mean you will go across disadvantaged so long as you invest wisely and make up the difference.

Hey All, I am reading conflicting info on the level of police checks. We have had just the name checks done...do we need fingerprint checks? What is everybody doing?

Have a read through the Aussie 2014 thread. There were a fair few success stories for people who didn't get the fingerprint check done. It can never hurt to get them though, apart from the bank

Hey All, I am reading conflicting info on the level of police checks. We have had just the name checks done...do we need fingerprint checks? What is everybody doing?

Nope no fingerprint required.
Neither do you need to do the AFD police clearance. Just go to the local police station and tell them you want a National police cert for the purpose of an immigrant visa. Depending on what state you are in will depend on the cost. QLD is $50 something.
Mine took just under 2 weeks and they are good for 1 year.

Might be a time thing. Not entirely sure of the system back in the 80's but I sat both 6th and 7th form certs in 2001/2002 and only have university entrance shown against my 7th form year. CC1, let us know what NZQA responds in case others are in a similar situation.
My University Entrance certificate came from the NZQA and I gained that back in 1982.
The Auckland consulate told me that was fine.
Hi Tonis, are you attending your interview in Sydney or NZ? If Sydney let me know how you go re quals, even though I have been told by NZ Consulate all will be OK with Sixth Form Certificate Sydney may be different, just overthinking it all I'm sure but doesn't hurt to ask :))

Nope no fingerprint required.
Neither do you need to do the AFD police clearance. Just go to the local police station and tell them you want a National police cert for the purpose of an immigrant visa. Depending on what state you are in will depend on the cost. QLD is $50 something.
Mine took just under 2 weeks and they are good for 1 year.

Yes I agree no fingerprints are not required. You also don't need to go into a police station to get your certificate, you can just also get the application form online and send it through the post if that's easier.

Hi Tonis, are you attending your interview in Sydney or NZ? If Sydney let me know how you go re quals, even though I have been told by NZ Consulate all will be OK with Sixth Form Certificate Sydney may be different, just overthinking it all I'm sure but doesn't hurt to ask :))

I believe Toni is interviewing in Auckland this Thursday. Yikes! Can't wait for our first graduate of OC class 2015!
Email the Sydney consulate as well, if you haven't already. If you can't get anything definitive from them, I'd take the email from the NZ consulate along with you to the interview. It may be that Sydney doesn't have a lot of experience with NZ education side of things so seeing an email from the NZ consulate saying that it is OK may help sway the case officer, should he/she have any concerns.

CC1 where are you interviewing?
If you are interviewing in Sydney I would seriously be corresponding with the Sydney consulate, or if NZ then with the NZ consulate. Clearly thus far the 2 consulates do things slightly different. Just my 2 cents worth.

:mad::confused::( I still cant figure out how to Personal message someone......... feeling really silly. Can someone please help. Ive searched high and low.