• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

CUT THAT OUT!

You are undermining your own confidence (forgive the geological pun). Your confidence will play a HUGE part in getting approval - if you don't believe you are qualified that will come through loud and clear - so - prepare your case, but most importantly get your head on straight.
You should be a counselor simon. Very soothing effect you have.

Well yes - contracts that describe the work you performed and the rate paid. Letters of recommendation from previous clients. Accountants letters and statements showing you made a living. Tax statements. There is a ton of stuff...
Ok. Thanks. Just checking

Hi Guys,

I sent the US conuslate in Sydney an email in regards to bringing along bank statements, affidavit etc and below is what I recieved, hope it may help some.

Thank you for your inquiry.

An affidavit of support is not required for DV applicants, however, the consular officer reserves the right to ask for evidence of support should it be necessary. This determination can only be made at time of your visa interview. Should you wish, you may bring in evidence of your own assets in the event you are asked for it.

Thank you

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney
Immigrant Visa Unit (MR)
SydneyIV@state.gov
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney
Immigrant Visa Unit (MR)
SydneyIV@state.gov
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html

November cut off number is out!

Yes, we've been a hive of excitement on this thread - quite a few of us have gone current which you'll see if you read the last few pages of this thread.

So does that mean it goes up roughly by 100 per month?

It changes from month to month and it's anyone's guess as to what the increment will be. Have a look at last year's VBs to see how unpredicable the increments are.

Hi Guys,

I sent the US conuslate in Sydney an email in regards to bringing along bank statements, affidavit etc and below is what I recieved, hope it may help some.

Thanks for posting this - based on past experiences it seems like based on other people's reports of interview experiences at Sydney consulate that they don't really ask for financial information, but on the off chance that they do, I'm guessing it's better to be over-prepared than be put on AP or something.

Thanks for posting this - based on past experiences it seems like based on other people's reports of interview experiences at Sydney consulate that they don't really ask for financial information, but on the off chance that they do, I'm guessing it's better to be over-prepared than be put on AP or something.

Yeah I agree. Got my 10k in the bank just to make sure and Ill bring along the bank statement. Bring on 28 October!!!

That's exactly right. The CO will often make a "first impression" type assessment in this regard. Education, current job etc can all go toward that first impression.

Roughly - but it can go a bit more or less as they see fit - but yeah, it is as 500 after 2 VBs. We expect it to go to 1500+ - so roughly 100 per month.
Yeah I thought I might be around February. I'll expect that but hope for sooner.

That's exactly right. The CO will often make a "first impression" type assessment in this regard. Education, current job etc can all go toward that first impression.
So if you have have a solid professional job for the last 5 years and educational qualifications, you'll be less likely to be asked for back up proof than if you were say, an unemployed student?

So if you have have a solid professional job for the last 5 years and educational qualifications, you'll be less likely to be asked for back up proof than if you were say, an unemployed student?

Exactly. Unless you turn up looking like an unemployed student. Just basic human stuff.

Our list!

OC-ers confirmed to be US bound!

None yet but we are an optimistic crew of antipodeans

OC-ers gone current
Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November
SuicideBlonde - 4xx - November

OC-ers waiting to go current
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Last edited:
how do you enter your details that come in after your message, ie your entry details and and CN etc? As in Emily's ^^

Deb,

Go to the top right of the screen and hover your mouse over your name. Then click on signature.

Thanks again for the list Emily.

The next VB will be a long wait...it's looking like we could be Dec or Jan, hopefully Dec. The next jump could be 75-150 so who knows what's going to happen? It's been a promising start to 2015!

It's been a great start to DV2015 and I hope it continues.

I for one like my number. I have a house to sell, kids to consider (in terms of schooling) and I'm in the middle of a global qualification that - once complete - will mean no bridging work for my degrees to be recognised. In other words, lots of sh*t to do.

For me, an April - May interview is perfect to get all that sh*t out of the way.

If we get the visa, we will activate during the (American) summer, come back to sell up and then move just before Christmas 2015.