• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

YAAAY! After a looooong wait and 2 DVs, I am FINALLY current! I can hardly believe it. When can we expect the 2NL?

Well done Essey!
Ive lost count of how many Ive entered, 14, 15 or so and I am now current too. Yippi kai yaayyyyyyyyyy!
Now just have to convince them on the work experience.
Quietly sh*%#ing myself.

Well done Essey!
Ive lost count of how many Ive entered, 14, 15 or so and I am now current too. Yippi kai yaayyyyyyyyyy!
Quietly sh*%#ing myself.

When you put it like that, me getting selected 2/3 times and going current 3rd time makes me feel pretty lucky.

I found some info about the I-864 Affidavit of support on the US website but it says they're mainly for family or employment based visas so does anyone know if this is this the appropriate form for the DV as well?

Congrats and good luck to you all! Can't wait to hear the stories!

Thanks Kiwione, looks like you will also be knocking on the consulate door soon. Giddy up I say ..........
Im sure there will be lots of feed back from this forum.

When you put it like that, me getting selected 2/3 times and going current 3rd time makes me feel pretty lucky.

I found some info about the I-864 Affidavit of support on the US website but it says they're mainly for family or employment based visas so does anyone know if this is this the appropriate form for the DV as well?

Essey Im sure that form would work but you may want to click your heels 3 times and call for Britsimon or SusieQQQ on that one.

No that form is not approved for DV cases. The correct form is I134.

Last edited:
No that form is not approved for DV cases. The correct form is I134.

Atta boy Simon! Knew you were out there somewhere. Said it before and Ill say it again....thanks for hanging around to help us all out!
BTW, did Essey clicking here heels 3 x really help summons you?

Thanks Simon! I doubt I would have been able to work that out on my own. It was not easy to find, but here it is for anyone else who is interested: http://www.uscis.gov/i-134.

That's the one. WE have had LOTS of discussion about this, but a few quick facts:-

• The I-134 can only be completed by a US based legal resident/citizen.
  • The "sponsor" is not legally obligated by the form (unlike the I-864) but must not lie on it.
  • The sponsor must have income in excess of the Federal poverty guidelines for the number of people in their family and yours combined.
  • The sponsor provides proof of taxable income (W2/1040 etc)
  • Only one I-134 is needed per case.
  • The I-134 is given to the selectee and presented at the interview (if requested).
  • The reason for the I-134 is described in the rules but also Q37 of the FAQ of the DV2015 instructions.
  • The I-1345 is not always requested/required and it is not the only way to satisfy the public charge requirement.

Atta boy Simon! Knew you were out there somewhere. Said it before and Ill say it again....thanks for hanging around to help us all out!
BTW, did Essey clicking here heels 3 x really help summons you?

LOL yeah that was what did it!

Well done Essey!
Quietly sh*%#ing myself.
Ems what are you putting for work experience. Is your actual job on the onet list?

Great, thanks so much Simon! My partner is a US Citizen and will definitely qualify for those requirements. I am financially stable but not sure I'll have a lot of 'cash in the bank' so to speak at the date of the interview, so I'd rather do the Affidavit just in case as it'll be relatively easy for me to get one.

For those who are looking for the FAQs, her is the link (also not easy to find): http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV-2015-Instructions-Translations/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf

Well done Essey!
Quietly sh*%#ing myself.

No need for poop. The example I gave before shows it can be done, you just need to prepare the evidence well. In my scenario (proving degree equivalency for H1 visa, my previous contracts were especially forceful evidence.

Ems what are you putting for work experience. Is your actual job on the onet list?

Hey Deb! soooo sorry i havent called. Ill try to tonight. Been flat out!
Im a Geological Technician. I slide in under a "Geological Data Technician". Its a little sketchy but I think do-able. Nothing is as black and white as I would like it to be from my side........... but it is what it is.

Im putting the dog in a bag and off to the beach via public transport. Hope I dont get sprung.
I need some clean salty air!
Catch ya'll soon.

Hi. Anyone know the best way to prove work history if youve been self employed? I have registration and compulsory insurance info. I am getting a stat dec signed by a couple of professionals I have worked alongside. Tax returns. Anything else? Patient testimonials?

Hey Deb! soooo sorry i havent called. Ill try to tonight. Been flat out!
Im a Geological Technician. I slide in under a "Geological Data Technician". Its a little sketchy but I think do-able. Nothing is as black and white as I would like it to be from my side........... but it is what it is.

CUT THAT OUT!

You are undermining your own confidence (forgive the geological pun). Your confidence will play a HUGE part in getting approval - if you don't believe you are qualified that will come through loud and clear - so - prepare your case, but most importantly get your head on straight.

Hi. Anyone know the best way to prove work history if youve been self employed? I have registration and compulsory insurance info. I am getting a stat dec signed by a couple of professionals I have worked alongside. Tax returns. Anything else? Patient testimonials?

Well yes - contracts that describe the work you performed and the rate paid. Letters of recommendation from previous clients. Accountants letters and statements showing you made a living. Tax statements. There is a ton of stuff...