• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

TAKE IT FROM A HIGH NUMBER DV-2014 VETERAN. IF YOUR NUMBER IS OVER 1600 FOR DV-2015, YOU WILL BE ICE SKATING IN HELL, BEFORE YOU ARE THE RECIPIENT OF A GREEN CARD FROM THE DV-2015 LOTTERY. YOU DO NOT STAND A CHANCE. DO NOT WASTE A YEAR OF YOUR LIFE READING THIS FORUM IF YOU HAVE AN INFERIOR NUMBER OVER 1600.

waste-of-time-283x300.jpg

A bit strong, but the big friendly letters hold some truth.

Unless you're a tragic romantic like me and this forum injects hope into your life. The well of eternal optimism runs deep :)
End of the day not one person in here knows how this year will pan out, even the department of state review each month so they don't know, everyone speculates off the history of previous lottery programs. Maybe make getting a green card Plan B or C but to write off the entire program after 1 visa bulletin is stupid.

2015 got off to a better start with 400 for October compared to 300 for 2014.. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

Perhaps they use a formula which based on certain parameters extrapolates out the months with an intended September position. Meaning 2015 September will be higher than 2014 given the higher start.

I like to believe these sorts of things = )

Last edited:
It's very clear that being selected doesn't guarantee anything. If you go into the process with high expectations then your risk of disappointment is going to be high. If you're a high selectee then you need to be realistic and even if you're not, until you have that stamp in your passport once again, nothing is guaranteed. However, regardless of what happens, perspective is important - it's an opportunity but if it doesn't work out, you have lost NOTHING. It is not as though someone has told you have terminal cancer, or your house is burnt down. I know it's easy for me to say having been reselected, but being overly bitter about the 2014 DV is not going to help anyone.

OC6X

Hi All,

does anyone know from experience if the mebassy wants the police certificates ebnt directly to them or we bring them along? IM doing a NSW, ACT and UK police check.
For what its worth ozimattskey, I was given the option of having it sent from QLD to the consulate but have decided to take it with me to the interview. Dont want to chance something going missing in the system/mail. I trust me more than them. Just my opinion.

Hi all, have been reading through this forum and it's helped a lot.
I've been accepted and have a no of OC3XX so seems like that quite low which may work in my favour.
Only snag is that my fiancé and I were only due to be married in Dec, so we have brought this forward to this month. Provided we get our forms submitted following this, does anyone foresee any issue with late submission due to waiting on the ceremony? Do estimated interview times depend solely on the no. provided all the firms are submitted?

Hi HaydenS see if this link helps.
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...-visa/interview/visa-applicant-interview.html

all the best!

lol exactly, I was thinking they would open 250-300, so 400 is a good start, will be interesting between now and Christmas to see how many they move. I am lucky enough to have other visa options to look at, and Canada, but if my number doesn't get called I am going to sit on a beach in Brazil or Argentina for 3 months :)

If I dont get mine approved can I join you? :)

Good lord! just found out part of the medical exam includes "external examination of ones genitals"

To verify I called the only place in Brisbane that does medical's
Anzac Square Medical Center 280 Ann Street Brisbane, QLD and it was confirmed that this has just recently been introduced.
Not sure what dif it makes....... we are all human!

Good lord! just found out part of the medical exam includes "external examination of ones genitals"

To verify I called the only place in Brisbane that does medical's
Anzac Square Medical Center 280 Ann Street Brisbane, QLD and it was confirmed that this has just recently been introduced.
Not sure what dif it makes....... we are all human!
Ummm what lol ???

not sure what to think about it really............ not that I need to be concerned.
The story goes that a male who entered and claimed to be a female gained entry and was later discovered. Dont know the out come but due to this they have introduced the "drop ya knickers" examination.
I wonder what happens to those unfortunate or fortunate people who are born with both.

not sure what to think about it really............ not that I need to be concerned.
The story goes that a male who entered and claimed to be a female gained entry and was later discovered. Dont know the out come but due to this they have introduced the "drop ya knickers" examination.
I wonder what happens to those unfortunate or fortunate people who are born with both.
Just a excuse for me to crack out the Chip n Dale Velcro pants again

TAKE IT FROM A HIGH NUMBER DV-2014 VETERAN. IF YOUR NUMBER IS OVER 1600 FOR DV-2015, YOU WILL BE ICE SKATING IN HELL, BEFORE YOU ARE THE RECIPIENT OF A GREEN CARD FROM THE DV-2015 LOTTERY. YOU DO NOT STAND A CHANCE. DO NOT WASTE A YEAR OF YOUR LIFE READING THIS FORUM IF YOU HAVE AN INFERIOR NUMBER OVER 1600.

waste-of-time-283x300.jpg

Really sorry you didnt make it through. For what its worth I have been entering for the last 16 years and only now been selected. I cant describe how disappointing that has been. I have a 4xx CN but I dont even know if I will be granted as I am applying with work experience.
In the past all I could do was to try and be happy for those who have made it through.

Yeah I get this sneaking feeling they'll hit the brakes in March and just focus on the huge AOS numbers for our region, like they did in 2014. We'll see months of no VB movement.

I'm writing off any hope for this year. The density of responses is high and rising and our quota is more or less static. Here's my recommendation to high number hopefuls:
  1. <1450: You're sweet. Congratulations!
  2. 1450-1549: You're in with a very good chance - both for an interview and heart trouble as you watch the numbers inch forward
  3. >1549: You aren't going to be called up. Drawing you was an insurance policy for KCC. Try again in DV2016.
It's a painful thing to accept, because in earlier years, higher numbers weren't a big problem and we went current. But things change, sadly. More selectees, more desire to move.

I don't like to give people false hope but I think you're being overly pessimistic. Last year (DV2013) the highest CN issued was 1630 so it's not unreasonable for people 1550-1650 to have a little hope. The difference between 1450 and 1550 is 40 visas. There are density factors, response rates, ds-260, nigerian redistributions affecting the CN cutoff and it would be a terrible pity for people not to bother entering and then, oops they would have received a visa, but too late.

CONGRATULATIONS Stephenau! Im OCX4XX so hopefully not far behind you.
All the best!
Im OCxxx134, would this interview be in Oct or November 2014, we have panned a trip for a different occasion ( friends 50th) early November and are hoping to have the dv visa by then so we can organise work etc when over there then, also my son who is now 22 years old cannot come as apparently he is to old to go with his family, he is a nurse and wants to come and live with us once we are settled, does anyone know if there is another visa he can apply for through us once we are living there?

Im OCxxx134, would this interview be in Oct or November 2014, we have panned a trip for a different occasion ( friends 50th) early November and are hoping to have the dv visa by then so we can organise work etc when over there then, also my son who is now 22 years old cannot come as apparently he is to old to go with his family, he is a nurse and wants to come and live with us once we are settled, does anyone know if there is another visa he can apply for through us once we are living there?

Hi CC1, firstly congrats, secondly with a number like OCxxx134 you will be interviewed in October as the Bulletin numbers for October are <400. Best you get your paperwork in order! With regard to your next question, I'm sure someone else can help with that.

An updated list in honour of the first VB for DV2015. I've bolded the lucky kids who will get their chance in October 2014.

I'll continue to update the list as we all start rolling in green cards LOL. Go Team OC2015.

Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October

Essey - 4xx
OC_EMS - 4xx
SuicideBlonde - 4xx
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx