• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Yeah I just looked over the sample cert on the AFP site and it's the same as what I have apart from having Vic police and their address in top right corner.

We are trying to decide whether to take photos with is as "proof of relationship" just in case as we were only recently married (and I haven't taken his name).... Hard to know if we will need them but better safe than sorry?

I don't think it hurts to take them, even if you don't need them. If nothing else, if it makes you feel more confident going into the interview, then I'd go for it.

3 hours is too short. 4 or 5 hours to be safe. Don't forget you are going through immigration - that means you probably have to get your bags and go back though security to get the next flight.

Thanks for the advice, I would have made a mistake and not allowed enough time. Fortunately, our plane arrives early morning so we will have plenty of time.

Regarding the Police Checks, National is a much better idea. We had to go to our local Police Station to get the documents certified and the form completed/signed by them and it was time consuming. The National check is all online last time I looked.

Congrats to those who have received their Greencards already. What an exciting time.
We are now in Canada, it is cold cold cold LOL. It is very American like here, but definitely still a commonwealth country ( quite expensive on the whole).
We spent 2 weeks in USA and I really get why people want to live there, I fell in love with Napa, and Lake Tahoe was spectacular, but a bit too many Audis for us to fit in Hahaha !.
We drove from Utah to Lake Tahoe, and I don't think the scenery changed at all in 10 hours of travel LOL. Lots of desert and dead foliage.
I know its not happening for us this year but fingers crossed we will have our day. We are only about an hours flight from NYC so I am happy with that for now :)
There is quite a good possibility that my husband would get work offered in USA once he has completed his training, and the type of companies he will be working for will have their own immigration teams.
We are off to Florida for spring break in a couple of months ( it will be different times than the USA, so hopefully not quite so busy) so it will be nice to have a break from the Snow !!!!!
Good luck for those who have interviews coming up :)

Great to hear from you and I'm glad you are having a great time. We were only in Canada 3 weeks when we did our big trip but loved it. The Rockies are beautiful as is driving from Jasper to Banff. Something my brain was having trouble with was the packaging on food in French and English. Hopefully it won't be too humid in Florida when you go, we were there in Summer and it was unbearable. Some nice parts in Florida too.

Regarding the Police Checks, National is a much better idea. We had to go to our local Police Station to get the documents certified and the form completed/signed by them and it was time consuming. The National check is all online last time I looked.

Yep it is all online which makes it much easier.

Really? Husband had to get a federal check done late last year and there was no need for witnesses etc. He just filled in the form, signed and scanned the consent form and off it went. I was hoping it would be that easy again.

Really? Husband had to get a federal check done late last year and there was no need for witnesses etc. He just filled in the form, signed and scanned the consent form and off it went. I was hoping it would be that easy again.
Wow, for mine you had to show 100 points of ID with certified copies and the same person had to witness it. I've had to do it 3 times now for different things, I've never seen the one your husband did though. I guess just do whatever the guide says you need.

You have to submit the 100 points of ID but you don't need certified copies. Just scanned copies and they processed it that way.

I'm not sure the one he got is the same as all of yours though. His was Standard Disclosure for Unspent Offences and the certificate stated there were no disclosable court outcomes.

Essey is talking about applying through state police rather than through AFP. For vic you can download a form from online then get docs certified then post it. AFP looks like you can submit everything through an online portal.
They are both National Police checks though so not sure of the difference.

Essey is talking about applying through state police rather than through AFP. For vic you can download a form from online then get docs certified then post it. AFP looks like you can submit everything through an online portal.
They are both National Police checks though so not sure of the difference.

Yes I understood that, which is why I mentioned that the AFP did not need certification
and seemed a little easier. :)

Good luck @CCHessie and @SuicideBlonde for tomorrow. You will both be celebrating this time tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have applied for DV-2016, so hopefully we’ll be where most of you are this time next year- if we get selected for further processing.

Just want to wish everyone that has interviews coming up for the DV-2015 good luck and congrats to those that have been successful in getting one. We initially told a handful of our friends our plans to enter into the lottery and move to California. We mostly got a lot of negative ‘why do you want to move there?’ responses. So, to read the optimism and support that everyone has for each other on this forum, has been really amazing to read since I found this site a couple of weeks ago.

Crossing my fingers for everyone
:)

Hey everyone... a couple of questions here, hopefully easy ones - thanks in advance:

My case number ends with 10XX, and I originally submitted my DS260 in June, expecting to interview in my home-town of Auckland.

Since then, my personal situation has changed and it's now going to be much more convenient for me to interview in Sydney (where I currently live).

Questions -

* If I unlock/change the interview location from Auckland to Sydney in the DS260 form, will this jeopardise or delay my interview date?

* Are there any advantages of interviewing at my original home (Auckland) vs my current location (Sydney)? Most of my paperwork is NZ/Auckland-based, as I have only been living in Sydney for 3 years...

Additional question -

I have a minor DUI conviction (from NZ) that will no doubt be discussed at the interview. All the research I've done has suggested that it shouldn't be a problem for Visa issuance, given that it's not considered a crime of moral turpitude etc. Has anyone had/heard of any similar experiences with minor convictions particularly DUI and US Visa entry? I've searched these forums and elsewhere online, but am obviously keen for as much anecdotal info as possible to prepare with...

Any advice much appreciated, thanks team.

Good luck for tomorrow's interviewees! Can't wait to hear how they go.

Thaaaanks! :D I just want it to be over and done with!! Question - did you fill in the check list yourself ? I'm not sure what part we are meant to do... Name, Case Number... then do we tick the boxes for each document we have? and I assume we fill in the intended mailing address part too... Or does the Consulate complete this for us?

Hey everyone... a couple of questions here, hopefully easy ones - thanks in advance:

My case number ends with 10XX, and I originally submitted my DS260 in June, expecting to interview in my home-town of Auckland.

Since then, my personal situation has changed and it's now going to be much more convenient for me to interview in Sydney (where I currently live).

Questions -

* If I unlock/change the interview location from Auckland to Sydney in the DS260 form, will this jeopardise or delay my interview date?

* Are there any advantages of interviewing at my original home (Auckland) vs my current location (Sydney)? Most of my paperwork is NZ/Auckland-based, as I have only been living in Sydney for 3 years...

Additional question -

I have a minor DUI conviction (from NZ) that will no doubt be discussed at the interview. All the research I've done has suggested that it shouldn't be a problem for Visa issuance, given that it's not considered a crime of moral turpitude etc. Has anyone had/heard of any similar experiences with minor convictions particularly DUI and US Visa entry? I've searched these forums and elsewhere online, but am obviously keen for as much anecdotal info as possible to prepare with...

Any advice much appreciated, thanks team.

I will let the far smarter people answer most of your questions but, from what NZ-ers have said on here, Auckland is a walk in the park. At least one person didn't even have to any questions.

I'll also add you to our spreadsheet when I get home tonight. Welcome to the Class of OC2015.