• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I have my actual 6th form cert ( yr 12) and that is adequate I hope. I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I did once come across a website that listed 6th form as 'equivalent' to 12 yrs of schooling. I will try to find the page again, but don't hold ya breath !! It might have been US embassy webpage in Auckland ??

Yes 6th form cert is adequate and you would have seen it on the Auckland Embassy Website.
We are Kiwi's also but live in WA, will have to fly to Sydney for the interview. Should be early October as my DV case number is less than 15!

Yes 6th form cert is adequate and you would have seen it on the Auckland Embassy Website.
We are Kiwi's also but live in WA, will have to fly to Sydney for the interview. Should be early October as my DV case number is less than 15!

Pretty safe bet you'll be current in the next VB. I forgot your 2014 number, did you go current?

Yeah that does sound correct, I would be confident if you have something to show you complete 6th form then that is adequate to prove you meet the 12 year high school criteria which is a lot easier to meet than the work criteria. Looking at your OC19xx and my OC21xx we are going to have a tense year ahead of us to see if we ever get the call up.
To be honest, while I am not writing it off, I am pretty much assuming I haven't really won either. I will be checking the VBs and I really enjoy reading in here, but we are going ahead with other plans, which sadly don't include moving to USA. We are thinking of maybe speeding 6 months over there on a bit of a trip though if plan 'A' dosnt work out. Hoping to get over in time to have Xmas with family.

That is fantastic. how exciting !! Jealous much !! lol

To be honest, while I am not writing it off, I am pretty much assuming I haven't really won either. I will be checking the VBs and I really enjoy reading in here, but we are going ahead with other plans, which sadly don't include moving to USA. We are thinking of maybe speeding 6 months over there on a bit of a trip though if plan 'A' dosnt work out. Hoping to get over in time to have Xmas with family.
There is always next year, so dont give up hope :)

Has anyone had trouble with the DS-260 form? Twice I have entered previous work experience and schooling and when I go back into the form
the information is gone. I was very careful to save after each entry. Frustrating to do it again, but I'm most worried about the info disappearing when I submit the form.

Has anyone had trouble with the DS-260 form? Twice I have entered previous work experience and schooling and when I go back into the form
the information is gone. I was very careful to save after each entry. Frustrating to do it again, but I'm most worried about the info disappearing when I submit the form.

I found if it has any warnings at the top or anywhere at all it doesn't save. I made sure to go onto a new section, save there as well.

DS-260 forms done!! Very happy they are finally submitted. Had to wait for kids new passports and probably checked the forms about 15 times - took many hours to complete, now it's back to waiting for an interview and of course planning, planning and more planning....

Right, so I've been trawling through the CEAC data Britsimon kindly provided. It seems our quota for DV 2014 lies between 650-700. Over 1448 CNs, that's a density of 0.45-0.48. It's safe to presume the 2015 response rate will be the same as 2014's -- the recovering US economy is seeing to that. (I've thought pretty hard about the online form, but it's so long and detailed, not to mention impossible to complete without a forwarding US address, that I think its impact on the response rate in OC will be negligible.)

So if we get an extra 50 visas from Nigeria, we're looking at a cutoff for Sept 2015 between 1550 and 1560.

Right, so I've been trawling through the CEAC data Britsimon kindly provided. It seems our quota for DV 2014 lies between 650-700. Over 1448 CNs, that's a density of 0.45-0.48. It's safe to presume the 2015 response rate will be the same as 2014's -- the recovering US economy is seeing to that. (I've thought pretty hard about the online form, but it's so long and detailed, not to mention impossible to complete without a forwarding US address, that I think its impact on the response rate in OC will be negligible.)

So if we get an extra 50 visas from Nigeria, we're looking at a cutoff for Sept 2015 between 1550 and 1560.

Sounds reasonable if a little low. We will know better when we have the full year of data, and of course the official stats will be published in a few months that will include aos (which I think must be higher than the "global" 5%.

Also, don't forget that quotas change and KCC seem to have a plan of their own. For no apparant reason, EU has been ahead all this year and will end up with a quota that could not have been predicted. So - things change.

I've been thinking about this issue alot, as to whether an electronic DS260 will make a difference in response rates.

I don't think it will in OC. Without wanting to offend anyone, OC is an interesting demographic in that most applicants will be pretty savvy and educated and motivated. If they wanted it in 2014, having to fill in physical forms would not have put people off. Having an electronic form in 2015 won't suddenly make people more receptive in our part of the world, in my opinion. So I don't think the electronic form will make much of a difference in terms of response rates.

But I do wonder if the electronic form will make a difference in terms of processing time through the KCC and into the consulates.

Sounds reasonable if a little low. We will know better when we have the full year of data, and of course the official stats will be published in a few months that will include aos (which I think must be higher than the "global" 5%.

Also, don't forget that quotas change and KCC seem to have a plan of their own. For no apparant reason, EU has been ahead all this year and will end up with a quota that could not have been predicted. So - things change.

You're right, they do! I'm still wrapping my head around EU's advanced in quota this year. A change in quota for OC is a high-range random variable - that'll be what affects our cutoff. I'm looking backwards to predict, which is always iffy.

But I do wonder if the electronic form will make a difference in terms of processing time through the KCC and into the consulates.

That is an interesting point. But even then, consulates have limited capacity each month. I'd be surprised if DS-260 affected the schedule because of speed in distribution to consulates - the rate of responses per CN and quota will be our big two.

I think the electronic forms will definitely make a difference in processing times at KCC - think of the time it must take to physically move 50k envelopes around, open them, etc... But agree that it probably won't make much if any difference re consulate scheduling.

I think the electronic forms will definitely make a difference in processing times at KCC - think of the time it must take to physically move 50k envelopes around, open them, etc... But agree that it probably won't make much if any difference re consulate scheduling.
That's a really good point, hope 2015 gets back to Current for my sake :)