• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Not yet bro but probably ahead of you I guess, I will share the experience I promise, this forum has been helpful for sure
Thanks a lot Jolene for the info. Much appreciated. Also for your kind wishes. Have you interviewed yet? If not then all the best with that and kindly share your experience. God's speed.

Hi every body! It's been a while since I peeped in here! Hope all is well. I remember time like this last year it was tense for the 2015 lot but by God's grace & nice guys in this forum like Britsimon & Sm 1 Smom, we'd a shoulder to lean on. Thank you all & by the way on 20th Nov will be celebrating one year in style:)

No. You need to legally adopt if you want to take her. Affadavit means nothing.

It's not even enough to adopt now, I believe the adoption has to have taken place at least two years before the visa is granted. I guess this is to prevent sudden "green card adoptions" that happen the same way as green card marriages.

That is correct. The adoption needed to have taken place, with the child residing with the adopted parent(s), at least 2 years prior to the visa petition.

Hi folks,
Thought I should give people a heads up about the KNEC 'concern'. Was mu day 1 @IOM today. While reporting at the reception, the kind,fellow checked my papers and asked when my interview was. After telling him, the next question he asked was "have you gone to knec"? I told him I intended to go after completing the medicals tomorrow. He then insisted that I get that done asap since it's now an issue at the embassy. Point is to fellow DV winners especially Kenyans, please make your way to KNEC and have the confidential document sent to the embassy in good time. Again, just a heads up worth heeding. Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
Thought I should give people a heads up about the KNEC 'concern'. Was mu day 1 @IOM today. While reporting at the reception, the kind,fellow checked my papers and asked when my interview was. After telling him, the next question he asked was "have you gone to knec"? I told him I intended to go after completing the medicals tomorrow. He then insisted that I get that done asap since it's now an issue at the embassy. Point is to fellow DV winners especially Kenyans, please make your way to KNEC and have the confidential document sent to the embassy in good time. Again, just a heads up worth heeding. Cheers guys.

Yep, tgat isn't new, it has been discussed previously.

Hi folks,

Yeah, like Simon said above, the KNEC requirement isn't new. It has been discussed endlessly in this forum in the past, and on this particular Thread too as a matter of fact.

I'm sure people appreciate you being helpful :)
After all although we would like people to read through the older posts on threads we realize not everyone does ;)
True Sussie. However, if one knew nothing like I did, then they should make the effort to read. I read every post and have learned a lot.

:cool:
It was a 2 mins interview Tony, nothing much to ask just verification of docs, relax all shall be fine. Thanks to everyone for the contributions and all the best....
Good stuff Joleeeene. Congratulations. That's really good to hear. Thanks a lot for keeping your word. All the best as you sort yourself out now .

What is the IGCSE requirement for dv lottery? IGCSE or A levels?

usually A-levels. GCSEs are only 11 years of school and not adequate for college entry. I think some countries in the past have accepted them but I think they changed it, best to check country by country.