• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Right now, nothing readily comes to mind regarding interview cancellation. I'm however thinking both the IOM and the embassy went by this section of 9 FAM 40:11

Section 40.11 Medical grounds of ineligibility.

"Decision on eligibility based on findings of medical doctor. A finding of a panel physician designated by the post in whose jurisdiction the examination is performed pursuant to INA 212(a)(1) shall be binding on the consular officer, except that the officer may refer a panel physician finding in an individual case to USPHS for review"

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86935.pdf (p.6)

Since IOM is required to send the medical exam directly to the embassy, I suspect they informed the embassy the family wasn't medically cleared especially with the likelihood of the political(?) pressure brought to bear on them to split the medical reports and forward the one that was ready. With the end of the FY fast approaching and the possibility of someone waiting for an interview slot to open up, I suspect the embassy had no choice but to cancel usamommy's interview based on the erroneous report from IOM.

Yep agreed. I doubt the embassy cancelled without prompting. Hence the suggestion to let them know she is coming (if she wants to proceed).

I have taken a short term travel/medical policy , 100k option to help my family activate the cards. https://www.visitorscoverage.com/visitor-insurance/atlasamerica/select-coverage/ here is the link
the policy is from :

Atlas America
atlas_america2.png

Administrator Company :
HCC MIS
Carrier / Underwriter :
Lloyd's

Any help guys? Sussie?

Last edited:
Actually, we had protocol intervene and all I got was a bunch of bullshit. Like I said before, I make 6 figures a month here that will be like 5 figures American money and I have my mum at hand for after my delivery. I was about to enroll for Master's last year but didn't because I was waiting for a visa bulletin. I didn't buy the car I always wanted or jump at the opportunity to buy my dream home, because I was looking forward to (in the worst case) flipping burgers in the USA. The political pressure may or may not have influenced the Embassy's decision, but it doesn't matter anymore. Dad will be meeting Ambassador Godec around 15,September and I'll tell you what they WONT discuss... my visa. Let someone who actually needs it get it. I don't beg for my rights and if that is the American way then I am better off here.

As for future cases, I have written to CDC because I think if it is a matter of a rogue policy, then the policy maker needs to know.

That should be fine - what help do you need, what is the problem?
Few insurers for Marylanders and I really hope thst in the unlikely need for medical attention, I hope they will be honourable not to try and vanish on us using the endless list of exclusion clauses. I hope they have a reputation going for them.

Actually, we had protocol intervene and all I got was a bunch of bullshit. Like I said before, I make 6 figures a month here that will be like 5 figures American money and I have my mum at hand for after my delivery. I was about to enroll for Master's last year but didn't because I was waiting for a visa bulletin. I didn't buy the car I always wanted or jump at the opportunity to buy my dream home, because I was looking forward to (in the worst case) flipping burgers in the USA. The political pressure may or may not have influenced the Embassy's decision, but it doesn't matter anymore. Dad will be meeting Ambassador Godec around 15,September and I'll tell you what they WONT discuss... my visa. Let someone who actually needs it get it. I don't beg for my rights and if that is the American way then I am better off here.

As for future cases, I have written to CDC because I think if it is a matter of a rogue policy, then the policy maker needs to know.
@usamommy2015 this is really sad!

Dear Friends, here is the interview experience;

Medicals
Reached IOM in time, waited under day 1 waiting area.
Picked by one of IOM counselors who took us through the process, showed us Lab section and X-ray section and explained to us how the process would go, gave us consent forms to sign.
My wife and I had CXR, then went to the Lab with our kids for blood samples and TST (for kids)
We proceeded to village market and paid. That was day 1.

We returned two days later and were taken to a nurse who checked our sight, BP and asked a few questions on our medical history. We were given our CDs. All was well except for one kid whose TST results didn’t seem fine, the swelling was 11cm yet acceptable limit is 8cm.We proceeded to a doctor who physically examined each one of us, naked but not ashamed at all.
The kid had to do CXR but the machine was faulty that day, we did the vaccinations and were given certificates. we took him back next day and results were fine.

Two weeks later we went for the Interview.

At the Embassy;
We got there a little late than we had planned so we were quite behind in the queue. we arrived at 6.15, Not as cold as we had expected. Probably because we were psychologically prepared.
Security guard checked us and we went in, given a number at counter and advised to be attentive. Also advised to have each person’s documents inside their respective passports.
In a few minutes we were called to window 5. Asked to hand in our documents beginning with mine, my wife’s and the kids. They asked for; Passport, Photos, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, PCC, High School Certificate.
At this point she asked for a civil marriage certificate but we had church certificate so she received it. We went back to our seats and waited.
We were called at window 9, they only took our figure prints (not for kids) and told us to go back and wait. The security officer asked us to go and wait outside, my wife requested that she stays inside with our kids who were busy playing – toys are provided to keep them engaged. So I went outside, it was quite cold but not that much.

In a few minutes we were called to window 10, all the 6 of us.
She verified that we were the people whose passports she was holding.
She told us to let the kids go back and play since she didn’t have any more business with them.
She took our figure prints, mine taken five times to cater for the four kids and myself.

The Interview
CO: Both of you put up your right hand and swear that whatever you’re going to say is the truth.
We: Did so
CO: What’s your name?
Me: Answered
CO: When did you complete high school?
Me: Hesitated for about 5 seconds then answered. I was a bit nervous
CO: What did you do after high school?
Me: Told her all the courses I have done.
CO: What do you do now?
Me: I am currently working with XYZ Ltd as EFG.
CO: What is XYZ Ltd?
Me: It’s in ABC business..
CO: Good.

She turns to my wife
CO: Mom, what’s your name?
Wife: Answered
CO: When did you finish high school?
Wife: Answered (no hesitation)
CO: What do you do?
Wife: Answered..
CO: Is this your first marriage for both of you?
We: Yes
CO: How many children do you have?
We: Four
CO: You seem to hesitate why?
Wife: We have four kids, three biological and one adopted.
CO: Is it a family adoption or?
Wife: The kid is my nephew….
CO: When did you start the adoption process?
Wife: Answers
CO: Holds the adoption docs and consults with someone behind (person seemed to be their supervisor as he had been consulted earlier at window 7 while we observed from waiting area). The person shows her something on the doc and they seem to agree that it’s alright.
CO: No more questions, VISA APPROVED. Please have your originals back, this paper has instructions about paying for green card, this one has DHL Instructions.
Me: Grab my wife for a hug but she is still looking at the CO. News hadn’t sunk in yet.
CO: Your husband is hugging you! Celebrate, your visa has been approved!
Wife: Turns to me and we hug tight.
CO: Smiles and wishes us a good time. Prepares for the next client.
We: Thank you and off we go all smiles.

We left embassy at 9.30am.

Thank you all for every piece of advice, we were well prepared.

Glory and Honor to GOD!

Medicals
Picked by one of IOM counselors who took us through the process, showed us Lab section and X-ray section and explained to us how the process would go, gave us consent forms to sign.
My wife and I had CXR, then went to the Lab with our kids for blood samples and TST (for kids)

We returned two days later and were taken to a nurse who checked our sight, BP and asked a few questions on our medical history. We were given our CDs. All was well except for one kid whose TST results didn’t seem fine, the swelling was 11cm yet acceptable limit is 8cm.We proceeded to a doctor who physically examined each one of us, naked but not ashamed at all.
The kid had to do CXR but the machine was faulty that day, we did the vaccinations and were given certificates. we took him back next day and results were fine.

At the Embassy;
We got there a little late than we had planned so we were quite behind in the queue. we arrived at 6.15, Not as cold as we had expected. Probably because we were psychologically prepared.
Security guard checked us and we went in, given a number at counter and advised to be attentive. Also advised to have each person’s documents inside their respective passports.
In a few minutes we were called to window 5. Asked to hand in our documents beginning with mine, my wife’s and the kids. They asked for; Passport, Photos, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, PCC, High School Certificate.
At this point she asked for a civil marriage certificate but we had church certificate so she received it. We went back to our seats and waited.
We were called at window 9, they only took our figure prints (not for kids) and told us to go back and wait. The security officer asked us to go and wait outside, my wife requested that she stays inside with our kids who were busy playing – toys are provided to keep them engaged. So I went outside, it was quite cold but not that much.

She told us to let the kids go back and play since she didn’t have any more business with them.
She took our figure prints, mine taken five times to cater for the four kids and myself.

The Interview
CO: Both of you put up your right hand and swear that whatever you’re going to say is the truth.

She turns to my wife
CO: Holds the adoption docs and consults with someone behind (person seemed to be their supervisor as he had been consulted earlier at window 7 while we observed from waiting area). The person shows her something on the doc and they seem to agree that it’s alright.
CO: No more questions, VISA APPROVED. Please have your originals back, this paper has instructions about paying for green card, this one has DHL Instructions.
Me: Grab my wife for a hug but she is still looking at the CO. News hadn’t sunk in yet.

Glory and Honor to GOD!

Congratulations, Thanks for sharing your experience.

Medicals

At the Embassy;

The Interview

She turns to my wife

Glory and Honor to GOD!
Quite informative. Congrats. All the best.

Medicals

At the Embassy;

The Interview

She turns to my wife

Glory and Honor to GOD!

congrats once again
nice narration

Medicals

At the Embassy;

The Interview

She turns to my wife

Glory and Honor to GOD!
congrats! and thank you for sharing your experience.
Second thing, how much did you spend for the medicals?

I only have the K.C.S.E certificate never went on to acquire diploma or degree certs and so on.
And since then,after completing my forth form(K.C.S.E) ,i have never been employed but i operate my own business.I even indicated it in the ds260 forms.
Any problem with above??? @Britsimon ,@Sm1smom,@SusieQQQ kindly advice.

Last edited:

I only have the K.C.S.E certificate never went on to acquire diploma or degree certs and so on.
And since then,after completing my forth form(K.C.S.E) ,i have never been employed but i operate my own business.I even indicated it in the ds260 forms.

As long as you have over d+ you're fine. Don't worry.

The website says exactly this:

• For Kenya, you must have passed the Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum average score of D – (Minus). For pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) score must be a minimum of Division IV.

We spent about $1,300 on medicals. Five of the family members had suffered chicken pox and that was a saving registered.

Dear friends, my child whose TST results weren't good and was asked to do CXR has this annotation in the visa "Class A or B(TB) Req. ATTN. of USPHS at POE" what does it mean? Thanks in advance.