• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi good people. Am new to the forum and finding it quite helpful. Am on the DV 2015 selectees and waiting to go for my interview next month. I am a single mom with a daughter and i included her from the beginning in my applications and i don't think there will be a problem. My only question is whether i should be worried. We split with the dad way before she was born and he is in none of her records. Will this be sufficient for the IO or what should i expect?

As long as you were not married to the father without a divorce afterwards it shouldn't be a problem. Other single moms with similar situations have had successful interviews.

Booked with emirates for a july flight,they charged me 780$ plus the local flight from mombasa to nairobi. Any better deals out there than this?
Very good choice. I am on Emirates early July too, heading to the east coast. British Airways slightly lower,maybe by 30usd but if you can, Emirates is better.

How does one evaluate secondary certificate with WES?
I am assuming it is kcse and i think you do not need to evaluate that. American universities accept it, of course you might get other additional requirements depending on the college you choose.
Under the wings yo fly program, ivy league colleges admit tens of Kenyan students every year.
Evaluation usually comes in at degree level and above.
Google WWW.wes.org. for evaluation services but you need clarification from whoever needs the evaluated certificate on whether they have their preferred evaluator

Last edited:
I am assuming it is kcse and i think you do not need to evaluate that. American universities accept it, of course you might get other additional requirements depending on the college you choose.
Under the wings yo fly program, ivy league colleges admit tens of Kenyan students every year.
Evaluation usually comes in at degree level and above.
Google WWW.wes.org. for evaluation services but you need clarification from whoever needs the evaluated certificate on whether they have their preferred evaluator
Thnx alot for the info,l wanted to evaluate my kcse bt now l know it ain't a must.Feels good to save some dollars.

Hello people, I need your advise esp from the moderators . I just noticed that the place of birth on my passport and ds260 form are different. On my birth certificate it states place of birth as Nsambya hospital , in my passport it states place of birth as Nsambya and on my ds260 form I put kampala as place of birth. The thing is Nsambya hospital is located in a small sub county called Nsambya which is in kampala district. I am worried that this may be an issue and it is now too late to unlock my ds260 form.what advise can u give me?

Hello people, I need your advise esp from the moderators . I just noticed that the place of birth on my passport and ds260 form are different. On my birth certificate it states place of birth as Nsambya hospital , in my passport it states place of birth as Nsambya and on my ds260 form I put kampala as place of birth. The thing is Nsambya hospital is located in a small sub county called Nsambya which is in kampala district. I am worried that this may be an issue and it is now too late to unlock my ds260 form.what advise can u give me?

Should be fine, can you take something showing the hospital is in Kampala district?

Thnx alot for the info,l wanted to evaluate my kcse bt now l know it ain't a must.Feels good to save some dollars.

You might need to evaluate your KCSE depending on which school or body wants to know the school equivalency in Kenya compared to the US. I paid about USD200 to have mine evaluated here in the US. Research some more on it.

You might need to evaluate your KCSE depending on which school or body wants to know the school equivalency in Kenya compared to the US. I paid about USD200 to have mine evaluated here in the US. Research some more on it.

Yooo...... @Guriix !!! I thought you had forgotten us here. Love your blog, that's the only way l can trace your journey since we don't see you on the forum :D:D;):D:D

FYI if you have an 'add on', got a baby after sending your forms to KCC. You need to write an email stating that fact and attach a birth certificate proving you are the parents of the new born before the date of the interview. The email to write to is immigrationvisanairobi@state.gov and you can also call the embassy on this no. 020 363 6622 Monday to Thursday 1pm to 4pm.

Just FYI for those who might be in such a situation.

Thnx,let me research more about it.