• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

In statistics, a pvalue of <0.05 does not always yield a zero in the data. What I said is true. There are Zambians who can host you and many will not. Like I can host you if you came around in Lusaka. If you think I'm lying, do a small research on a few Zambians that live abroad. I have been traveling since i was a child. Other people, especially Nigerians and Ghanians are really good. Also Congolese.

You can't generalize like that. I've always heard about good hospitality of zambians. One bag experience does price for a 2hole nation. Pick your words right.

Hey guys i have a question concerning the interview letter from KCC and the visa bulletin numbers.Now i read on a blog that one is well advised to apply for a visa as soon the bulletin numbers are announced and his/her CN is below cut off number.now my Q is,should one go ahead to book for the interviews as soon as the bulletin numbers are out without receiving the 2nd letter frm KCC or the KCC does send the interview letter prior to that?

Hey guys i have a question concerning the interview letter from KCC and the visa bulletin numbers.Now i read on a blog that one is well advised to apply for a visa as soon the bulletin numbers are announced and his/her CN is below cut off number.now my Q is,should one go ahead to book for the interviews as soon as the bulletin numbers are out without receiving the 2nd letter frm KCC or the KCC does send the interview letter prior to that?

Be careful with what you're reading. For CP, you don't book your own interview, KCC schedules that for all the applicable selectees.

what is CP?
The process of getting your visa by attending interview at the embassy.
Invitation to attend a diversity visa interview cones from KCC ONLY.
you cannot do anything but wait for this invitation through an e-mail notification to attend....Are you a selectee?

@usken go thank you for your in-depth response,so does the kcc schedule and inform one of the impending interview prior to release of visa bulletin numbers or they release numbers first? Yes im a selectee.

@usken go thank you for your in-depth response,so does the kcc schedule and inform one of the impending interview prior to release of visa bulletin numbers or they release numbers first? Yes im a selectee.

Hmmmn, yes you're a selectee and you don't know what CP means by now, nor have any idea as to when or how selectees get notified of their pending interview? Why the lie??? Case of the boy who cried wolf when there was none? Below is what you posted earlier on this same Thread clearly stating you're yet to be selected.

Approximately how many times have each of you applied to get it? Im yet to be lucky since 2006!

Based on this do you truly expect anyone here to take you seriously again?

Hmmmn, yes you're a selectee and you don't know what CP means by now, nor have any idea as to when or how selectees get notified of their pending interview? Why the lie??? Case of the boy who cried wolf when there was none? Below is what you posted earlier on this same Thread clearly stating you're yet to be selected.

@Sm1smom, good work.
Why this jesting from the op?

I'm pretty sure he is just confused at the terms. By selectee he means entrant - since he started the DV2016 thread he has not made it a secret.

I'm pretty sure he is just confused at the terms. By selectee he means entrant - since he started the DV2016 thread he has not made it a secret.

Well, I should truly hope he's indeed confused and simply mixing up the terms for his sake.

My self imposed deadline of booking the activation flight was not met today.
I was undecided and torn between B.A and Emirates;

Emirates does IAD only via Dubai(DXB OK with me)- I prefer BWI. journey time of 22hours
B.A does BWI through via LHR(I wanted to avoid!), then JFK - two stops and implying that I will have to do POE clearance at JFK- 26+ hours of journey time but airborne times are two 8 hour intervals ( I like that)
Emirates services including planes, leg room etc are IMO, better than those B.A and slightly cheaper. I prefer to extract max. rest from long flights.
This way, that way I am in a dilemma. Someone help in this comparison, especially LHR vs DXB?

Emirates does IAD only via Dubai(DXB OK with me)- I prefer BWI. journey time of 22hours
B.A does BWI through via LHR(I wanted to avoid!), then JFK - two stops and implying that I will have to do POE clearance at JFK- 26+ hours of journey time but airborne times are two 8 hour intervals ( I like that)
Emirates services including planes, leg room etc are IMO, better than those B.A and slightly cheaper. I prefer to extract max. rest from long flights.
This way, that way I am in a dilemma. Someone help in this comparison, especially LHR vs DXB?

I've transited both, LHR is much more painful (because of the extra security measures and long queues there) and unless you take the BA flight that lands at JFK at around 1:30pm (when it is the only flight in that terminal for hours either side and you breeze through immigration really fast) I would avoid that too. So my initial thoughts would be emirates.

I've transited both, LHR is much more painful (because of the extra security measures and long queues there) and unless you take the BA flight that lands at JFK at around 1:30pm (when it is the only flight in that terminal for hours either side and you breeze through immigration really fast) I would avoid that too. So my initial thoughts would be emirates.
A strong vote there for Emigrated.Thanks for this point of concurrence on LHR.

A strong vote there for Emigrated.Thanks for this point of concurrence on LHR.

Yes - if you have a way to fast track heathrow (business class or silver/gold frequent flyer card of the airline you're flying) then LHR is fine, but otherwise those queues can be an absolute nightmare. Not that I loved DXB, I must add, I just think that as a transit stop it was easier.

I

I think you need to decide also based on whether your travelling solo, with kids, or with your spouse. Personally I have travelled with both but I am biased towards emirates. I liked their services and customer care.

hi am new in this forum my case no af58--- will do my interview in nairobi, have a question i confuse my date and month of birth in my initial dv will that lead to my denial