• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

hello guys i know this might be far fetched but, i just need to know, I hear the DHS budget is expiring by end of feb, and USCIS is under DHS, is there any implication in anyway to the DV program and immigration process. Thank you.

The DHS budget expiration isn't expected to impact DV selectees since both the CP and AOS process are both self-funded programs and not based on congressional appropriations.

I'm sorry to learn about your visa denial and the sunk expenses that's gone with it.

Reading through your postings though, I wondered how come you guys had no warning bells something was amiss prior to attending the interview. How did you find out you won? Since you did not fill out the eDV registration yourself, you couldn't have had the confirmation number required for checking the result. Which means the agent contacted you after checking and finding out you where selected, correct? And if that were the case, how could you have assumed the selection was from a previous entry you made yourself? Since the agent called (and I'm assuming you paid him in order to get the details needed for you to continue processing), and you hadn't instructed him to put in an application on your behalf, how come it didn't occur to you that the information he used wasn't up to date, in which case you should have refused to pay him?

I'm sorry if my grilling sounds like I'm adding more to the heartache and disappointment you're currently experiencing, I'm just trying to use this as a teaching moment for others who may be in a similar situation down the road. Also I wish you had asked more questions with regards to your case when you found this forum, it would have saved you a lot both financially and in terms of dashed hope.

At the end of the day, I'm glad to note the positive spring in your step going forward!
Just to empathise guys print out the ds260 forms before submission. We are all human and tgat thing has so many pages I personally made errors on my address and Using less names for my wife ( she has 4). But reviewing your form helps you check all that. And at the home page of the ds260 site you can see the number of dependents and their info too. Sorry anout what happened. Hope for the best.

I'm sorry to learn about your visa denial and the sunk expenses that's gone with it.

Reading through your postings though, I wondered how come you guys had no warning bells something was amiss prior to attending the interview. How did you find out you won? Since you did not fill out the eDV registration yourself, you couldn't have had the confirmation number required for checking the result. Which means the agent contacted you after checking and finding out you where selected, correct? And if that were the case, how could you have assumed the selection was from a previous entry you made yourself? Since the agent called (and I'm assuming you paid him in order to get the details needed for you to continue processing), and you hadn't instructed him to put in an application on your behalf, how come it didn't occur to you that the information he used wasn't up to date, in which case you should have refused to pay him?

I'm sorry if my grilling sounds like I'm adding more to the heartache and disappointment you're currently experiencing, I'm just trying to use this as a teaching moment for others who may be in a similar situation down the road. Also I wish you had asked more questions with regards to your case when you found this forum, it would have saved you a lot both financially and in terms of dashed hope.

At the end of the day, I'm glad to note the positive spring in your step going forward!
Just to empathise guys print out the ds260 forms before submission. We are all human and tgat thing has so many pages I personally made errors on my address and Using less names for my wife ( she has 4). But reviewing your form helps you check all that. And at the home page of the ds260 site you can see the number of dependents and their info too. Sorry anout what happened. Hope for the best.

And by the way in the event you're denied for any other reasons and you're certain you can work around it, go ahead and email your request immediately for review to ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov
Usually they review all denials to determine whether the law allows for reprise.
You can also send any queries you have to them as well just to rule out guess work.
By all means make sure KNEC sends your confidential KCSE cert to the Embassy at least 2 weeks before your interview. This is the first document they had when we arrived. Some people were put on AP because they didn't have it. Separate your originals from your copies and ensure you keep your passport and appointment letter in hand at the gate. These two will be checked severally.
The documents they'll be most interested are originals and copies of: KCSE cert, KCPE cert, birth cert, police cert, marriage cert, DS Confirmation page, passport photos and visa fees.

Really Sorry JC....

Just wondering, are we supposed to submit KCPE certificate as well??? I have no idea where mine is...

@JC2015
Am sorry about your denial even ad I appreciate your tenacity that made you come back to the forum so that others may gain from this episode.
There is DV 2017 plus several other doors that open when one shuts.
Thanks again for reminding us about KCPE cert. That had escaped my attention

@JC2015
Am sorry about your denial even ad I appreciate your tenacity that made you come back to the forum so that others may gain from this episode.
There is DV 2017 plus several other doors that open when one shuts.
Thanks again for reminding us about KCPE cert. That had escaped my attention

Yes but how does he know the agent will not enter again for him in DS2017 as well- like this time - and disqualify him again?

This is why people should REPORT AGENTS. It's all very well sharing info on a forum but if no-one names names and no-one reports these agents to the authorities and the US embassy, then they will just keep on "operating" and scamming people.

Terrible. Those guys at Nyayo house will be the cause to some shattered dreams.
Absolutely reprehensible.
If you have not got a passport by now you really must submit your Ds 260 and if need be, be ready to go for interview without it.
If you hit a brick wall , I know Legislator who dislikes their ways with a passion but you must have applied and have a tracking number that is more than three weeks old.
Luckily l got it in august.

Yes but how does he know the agent will not enter again for him in DS2017 as well- like this time - and disqualify him again?

This is why people should REPORT AGENTS. It's all very well sharing info on a forum but if no-one names names and no-one reports these agents to the authorities and the US embassy, then they will just keep on "operating" and scamming people.
Am sure JC 2015 will take sometime to reflect and let go, then he will do the needful- once bitten, twice shy. I am very hopeful that he will inform the embassy and the police as well.

perhaps the media too since therebare many morning talks hosted in our several radio stations.

Last edited:
Am sure JC 2015 will take sometime to reflect and let go, then he will do the needful- once bitten, twice shy. I am very hopeful that he will inform the embassy and the police as well.

perhaps the media too since therebare many morning talks hosted in our several radio stations.
The police won't help for sure,l think we both know our country very well.

@JC2015

Really sorry to read about your visa denial. I suggest you report the agent so that you can try the DV2017 by yourself to avoid disqualification.

Wish you luck for the DV2017.

I have a quick question too , so did they stamp your passports - denied/ application received ?

Sorry for your loss once again , hope you overcome the loss.

The police won't help for sure,l think we both know our country very well.

I believe you are wrong, as your country IS one of the African ones where it has been reported that people get convicted of things like this. Perhaps it needs to be reported to the US embassy first and they put pressure on the police? But in all instances scams should be reported both to the embassy and the local authorities.

@JC2015

Really sorry to read about your visa denial. I suggest you report the agent so that you can try the DV2017 by yourself to avoid disqualification.

Wish you luck for the DV2017.

I have a quick question too , so did they stamp your passports - denied/ application received ?

Sorry for your loss once again , hope you overcome the loss.

Inasmuch as we looking at the evil acts of these agents, i will advice that applicants should instead stop using the agents. It would be difficult for the agents to get applicant's details if the applicant did not first of all use their service. Many of these applicants are not even sure of the picture used but yet agrees to process the visa when they recieve calls from the agents. How can they report to the police after denial when the applicants are also at fault? Many people in Africa gets to know about the Dv lottery first, from the agents who go to schools especially High schools and university campuses then invite passersby to willingly come to register and secondly after selection. Since there is no payment of cash, most people do not care but turns to care about knowing that they been selected. :(

Inasmuch as we looking at the evil acts of these agents, i will advice that applicants should instead stop using the agents. It would be difficult for the agents to get applicant's details if the applicant did not first of all use their service. Many of these applicants are not even sure of the picture used but yet agrees to process the visa when they recieve calls from the agents. How can they report to the police after denial when the applicants are also at fault? Many people in Africa gets to know about the Dv lottery first, from the agents who go to schools especially High schools and university campuses then invite passersby to willingly come to register and secondly after selection. Since there is no payment of cash, most people do not care but turns to care about knowing that they been selected. :(

In most other countries when people get scammed, there is some element of "willingness" but that doesn't mean the scammer is innocent of wrongdoing! Especially when the person being scammed has not tried to do anything illegal,which is exactly the case here.
You shouldn't blame victims for being gullible or just not understanding. You should blame the scammers who know exactly what they are doing.
Really, if all people do is shrug their shoulders and move on, then the agents and scams will only get worse not better. Who will tell people not fall for the scam in the first place if previous victims don't?
Why do you think all the US embassy websites ask people to report scams to them?

But what do you mean by no payment of cash? How do the agents make money if no-one pays them?

In most other countries when people get scammed, there is some element of "willingness" but that doesn't mean the scammer is innocent of wrongdoing! Especially when the person being scammed has not tried to do anything illegal,which is exactly the case here.
You shouldn't blame victims for being gullible or just not understanding. You should blame the scammers who know exactly what they are doing.
Really, if all people do is shrug their shoulders and move on, then the agents and scams will only get worse not better. Who will tell people not fall for the scam in the first place if previous victims don't?
Why do you think all the US embassy websites ask people to report scams to them?

But what do you mean by no payment of cash? How do the agents make money if no-one pays them?
from what i saw them do during my university days, they dont charge for the edv registration. my room mate, back in 2007 had this experience. the agents keep the edv then when you are selected the cash payment comes out. i am not in any way supporting the agents. infact they causing so much problems for some people.

from what i saw them do during my university days, they dont charge for the edv registration. my room mate, back in 2007 had this experience. the agents keep the edv then when you are selected the cash payment comes out. i am not in any way supporting the agents. infact they causing so much problems for some people.

So it is a scam for cash.
I don't undestand why you think they should not be reported. They are misleading people to make money for themselves and will continue to do so until someone is prepared to make an effort to report them. So 8 years later and they are still scamming...wow.

So it is a scam for cash.
I don't undestand why you think they should not be reported. They are misleading people to make money for themselves and will continue to do so until someone is prepared to make an effort to report them. So 8 years later and they are still scamming...wow.
maybe i did not make my opinion clear or u did not understand what i meant to say. all i am trying to say is that the applicants are unable to report the issue to the police because they are at fault too especially when they ( applicants) agree to further process the visa application when they are not even sure of the details ( photo) used during the edv.

To everyone asking how he got to know his confirmation code. I misplaced my sister's confirmation code and put in her name, date of birth and email adress and it gave me her code. She wasnt selected though. Maybe thats what JC2015 did as well? Also, he pointed out the child was born the year he applied so that might be why window 4 told him he still had a chance. Bravo to him for actually coming back and giving us the details. Thanks bro.

maybe i did not make my opinion clear or u did not understand what i meant to say. all i am trying to say is that the applicants are unable to report the issue to the police because they are at fault too especially when they ( applicants) agree to further process the visa application when they are not even sure of the details ( photo) used during the edv.

Yes I agree (as harsh as it sounds) the victims in these cases carry some of the blame. At some level they must know this isn't legitimate and they participate in this foolishness. The problem is "systemic". Whilst scammers are allowed to continue, and not named/shamed or reported, and victims continue to line up at their booths and then spend time trying to fix "issues" with documents and so on, the whole thing will continue. This is why some countries endure terrible denial rates on what is an incredibly easy way to get a Green Card. It takes a community to stand united against corruption, but when the community turns a blind eye to the whole thing, the corrupt will prosper.

To everyone asking how he got to know his confirmation code. I misplaced my sister's confirmation code and put in her name, date of birth and email adress and it gave me her code. She wasnt selected though. Maybe thats what JC2015 did as well? Also, he pointed out the child was born the year he applied so that might be why window 4 told him he still had a chance. Bravo to him for actually coming back and giving us the details. Thanks bro.
normally the email address is that of the agent so there will be no way JC2015 can get the confirmation code if not from the agent