• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Y

Thanks Britsimon I do have a host who is related to me my mothers cousin so Would it be safe to prepare financial statement certified by qualified accountant in case financial position is asked for?

The fact that you have a host is all you need to show.

Question: my passport expires early next year and if I do go through i would not want to make the trip back to renew it .I have the option of renewing it right now, but that would mean my passport number would be different from what is on the ds 260 and I am worried this might be an issue.I need some advise on what I should do?

Question: my passport expires early next year and if I do go through i would not want to make the trip back to renew it .I have the option of renewing it right now, but that would mean my passport number would be different from what is on the ds 260 and I am worried this might be an issue.I need some advise on what I should do?

You can go ahead and renew the passport, but you will need to make sure you attend your interview with both the old and new passport.

personally i do not think its a problem if you have at least two blank visa pages for your visa.you can renew your passport in your embassy whiles in usa so there is nothing like coming back to renew.

Thought passport number remains the same or am l missing somethng?

Thought passport number remains the same or am l missing somethng?
new passport do come with new passport number different from the old passport number since there is always expiry date. In some countries, it just a matter of adding new blank page to the old passport if it has not expired. So with that, the passport number is same.

personally i do not think its a problem if you have at least two blank visa pages for your visa.you can renew your passport in your embassy whiles in usa so there is nothing like coming back to renew.

Renewing one's passport from the U.S. is sometimes not as easy as people may think - depending on your home country, the location of the embassy and where the person needing to renew the passport is based (especially for people from underdeveloped countries), trying to renew your passport through the embassy could be like pulling teeth. So if one is able to renew from back home and postpone the headache, they're better off utilizing that opportunity.

Renewing one's passport from the U.S. is sometimes not as easy as people may think - depending on your home country, the location of the embassy and where the person needing to renew the passport is based (especially for people from underdeveloped countries), trying to renew your passport through the embassy could be like pulling teeth. So if one is able to renew from back home and postpone the headache, they're better off utilizing that opportunity.
well understood. it will a problem especially if you do not stay near or in the same city of your embassy. In some case like mine, it was faster to renew abroad than if i was in Ghana. fleurdelise, if you can renew then try do that since you are not sure of the distance to the embassy and as a new immigrant you need to save cash not waste cash on expensive renewal and transport fees.

Indeed. In SA it takes around 2-3 weeks to get a new passport. Reports of renewing from abroad are 6-9 months...

Indeed. In SA it takes around 2-3 weeks to get a new passport. Reports of renewing from abroad are 6-9 months...

The process is even more ridiculous with my home country. I live in California where my home country has no embassy, to renew my passport, I have to fly down to New York - yes, go in person, not simply mail in the package - or wait until whenever they find it convenient to come down to a nearby city with a mobile passport office which is anything between once or twice a year, and the information is never posted well in advance to enable one prepare for it.

The process is even more ridiculous with my home country. I live in California where my home country has no embassy, to renew my passport, I have to fly down to New York - yes, go in person, not simply mail in the package - or wait until whenever they find it convenient to come down to a nearby city with a mobile passport office which is anything between once or twice a year, and the information is never posted well in advance to enable one prepare for it.
I am just curious - where are you from? I will understand if you prefer to keep it private.

Thanks Sm1 smom and everyone else for your advise and quick response. I will start the process of applying for a new passport today.I hope I can have it ready by the time I go current .